We feel that an important part of every company's mission should be finding ways to share its success on local and national levels. When you are lucky enough to be running a thriving business, it is only right to share that joy with organizations and people that may be less fortunate than you.
Causes and organizations Foster Web Marketing has worked with in the past, or plans on working with in the future, include:
- The Hydrocephalus Foundation is dedicated to providing support, educational resources, and networking opportunities to patients and families affected by hydrocephalus, which is an abnormal buildup of the brain's normal water-like fluid.
- Habitat For Humanity builds and repairs houses all over the world using volunteer labor and donations.
- Special Olympics is the world's largest sports organization for people with intellectual disabilities, and the group is famous for its success in transforming lives through the joy of sport.
- Girls on the Run is a program that inspires girls in grades 3 through 8 to be joyful, healthy, and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
At Foster Web Marketing, we are proud of our charity and community work as a company, but also on the individual level as well. Many of our employees spend their free time volunteering and helping causes that are near and dear to their hearts.
- Lindsey Daher, Assistant Manager of Content Operations, volunteers with Luz Project and travels to Brazil on mission trips. Luz Project is a nonprofit organization focused on spreading, sharing, and shining the "Luz" to poverty-stricken areas of Alagoas, Brazil.
- Hannah McNaughton, Manager of Content Operations, volunteers with 826 Michigan, a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting students aged 6 to 18 with their creative and expository writing skills, and to helping teachers inspire their students to write.
- Eleanor Sather, Writer, takes photos and maintains the Facebook page for Freedom Riders, a therapeutic horse riding program for children with physical disabilities in Ogden, UT.
- Sara Lubkin, Writer, is the leader of two Girl Scout troops and will be bringing her troops into the Foster Web Marketing office to learn marketing skills before their next cookie sale.
- Don Napoleon, Producer, began his own program called eXposure that allows children to have exposure to the world of media.
- Karen Hoff, Happiness Director, volunteered for 10 years with Northern Virginia Therapeutic Riding Program and also served on their Special Events Board. She also works with Homes for Our Troops, which builds specially adapted homes for disabled veterans.
- Jen Longauer, Finance/HR Manager, participates in races that support charities, including the Color Me Rad 5K (Special Olympics, in honor of her uncle) and Walk Now for Autism Speaks (in honor of her nephew).
- Ariel Fleischer, PR/Marketing Intern, also participates in races that support charities, including the Girls on the Run 5K.
As we grow as a company, we will continue to look for new ways to help charities and organizations that need assistance and we encourage our clients to do the same.