Don't Be Seduced by Doctor or Attorney SEO Companies That Promise You the World Overnight
Ask yourself these questions about SEO for attorneys, law firms and medical practices:
- Why do your competitors’ websites show up above yours in search results?
- How come your website doesn’t appear until page three or four of Google?
- If your website is so much better than the others—why does it ranks so low?
Could the Answer be That You Are Ignoring SEO for Your Law Firm or Medical Practice?
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could press one button and your website magically appeared at the top of search results on Google, Bing, Yahoo! and all of the other major search engines? Since such a button doesn’t exist (and likely never will), you need to become familiar with search engine optimization (SEO). As business manager, doctor or attorney SEO is your fuel to power a successful online marketing campaign.
Effective SEO no longer encompasses “top secret” activities that go on in the back room. Instead, today's search engine optimization involves constant interaction with your prospects, education, and brand building. It's essential that you take certain steps in your law firm's internet marketing campaign, but if you do things right, you will improve your website’s ability to be discovered naturally by search engines.
Approach Your Law Firm's SEO the Right Way and Clients Will Find You
Research has shown that you can boost your website traffic by 600 percent or more if you are in the top listings. That doesn’t seem surprising, as another study found that the majority of Internet users spend more time looking at the top search results than anywhere else. What does that mean for you and your business? If you are not on page one, then you are invisible to your potential clients.
Think about your search habits. You likely don’t scroll through the pages and pages of search results. Neither will your prospects.
Take the Right Steps in Successful SEO for Lawyers, Law Firms & Doctors
SEO for law firms and doctors is not a one-time event. It is a constant process that involves the following:
- Keyword Research. You can’t do a lot with SEO until you know what keywords your prospects are using. That means you need to research keywords. There are many ways to go about researching, including looking at the competition, discovering top-searched words, and good old-fashioned brainstorming.
- Content. Once you have your keywords, you can create content. Effective SEO is based on good content, whether your line of work is medicine, the law, or some other highly skilled profession. Your content will help you get found by the major search engines, which, in turn, will help you get discovered by your prospects. But compelling content must be structured in a specific way, with strategic keyword placement throughout the document. If you do things correctly, you will be able to please the search engines (because they rank good content more highly) at the same time you satisfy your prospects by providing them with helpful information.
- Link Building. Whether we like it or not, links are still a signal to search engines on the authority and quality of your website. Therefore, inbound links (other websites pointing to your site) are crucial for effective SEO. You walk a fine line with link building, though; if you receive a flood of low-quality links, your website could suffer. On the other hand, if you can get relevant, highly credible websites linking to you, your website will profit.
- Competitor Analysis. Do you have to be the best business on the web? The answer is no. You simply have to be better than your competitors. That means you need to track what your local competitors are doing to get high rankings, so that you can improve upon their efforts.
So for a busy doctor or lawyer, maybe SEO isn’t so easy. If all the steps involved overwhelm you, you have come to the right place. Foster Web Marketing specializes in search engine optimization for attorneys, doctors and other service businesses. We can help you. Our SEO team will work alongside you to reach your marketing goals. We will develop a customized marketing services plan for your law firm or medical practice that will generate website traffic and ultimately new clients, patients, or customers.
Beware: There are many companies out there promising medical or legal SEO expertise. All you have to do is search “Attorney SEO company” or "Doctor SEO services" on Google and you will be presented with thousands of results. Keep in mind that while SEO can be just what you need to jumpstart your law firm's online marketing, if done wrong, it can take your website down. You need to be very careful about the medical or legal web marketing company you choose to hire.
To find out more about how we can help you expand your legal practice through search engine optimization, contact us today at 888.886.0939 or fill out our contact form.
Find Out the Mistakes 99% of Lawyers Make With Their Websites
Even though attorneys frequently use the Internet to market their law firms, they make some of the biggest mistakes. Order your copy of our report, The 5 Biggest Mistakes 99% of Lawyers Make With Their Websites, before you hire anyone to help you with Internet marketing for your law firm.