Legal Social Media Solutions for an Increasingly Social World
Like it or not, social media is here to stay and that is where your clients are spending a lot of their time. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, and LinkedIn have become the new frontier, and simply having a profile on these sites isn’t enough anymore—you have to be actively engaged with them.
So here are some obvious questions concerning social media marketing for lawyers:
What Social Media Marketing Means for Attorneys Like You
How often does a product allow you to actually see what your clients are thinking, feeling, and dealing with on a daily basis? Social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube—yes, YouTube is a social media site—give you the rare chance to interact with clients on a daily basis and constantly supply them with helpful information.
TAKEAWAY: With an effective legal social media strategy, you will be able both to interact with potential clients and drive traffic to your website. This will increase your site’s search engine optimization (SEO) value and page rank, and ultimately get you the clients and cases you are looking for.
How Effective Social Media Strategy Can Help You Improve Your Legal Practice
- Boosting your overall exposure online: Too often, exposure is underrated in the online legal marketing world. Each social media profile is an extension of your website, expanding your reach and giving you the opportunity to funnel prospective and current clients to the newest features on your website.
- Increasing brand awareness (Yes, you are a brand): What happens after a prospect for your services comes across your Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or LinkedIn profile and decides to follow you or like you? From that point forward you are able to offer that individual an inside look at not only the business aspect of your firm, but at your personal side as well. This helps people identify with your firm because they redefine you in personal terms: you aren’t just another lawyer; you’re the lawyer who is sponsoring a little league team, who shares recipes, and who gives valuable legal advice. People like to work with attorneys who show their human dimension.
- Increasing SEO efforts for your legal website: It certainly doesn't hurt to link back to your website from your social media resources, does it? You increase the number of links that track back to your website—an important goal in itself. Also, you're adding more websites and resources that may rank for keywords that describe your niche practice areas and the names of the attorneys in your practice. These referral links from social media tend to be valued highly by search engines. Because the people who create links to your legal site already know you, they tend to read a page or two instead of bouncing—which is something Google is paying attention to!
TAKEAWAY: You broaden your visibility substantially to those people that participate on these various social media platforms. Do not ignore this important aspect of your marketing plan. Other attorneys have done very well with social media.
How Foster Web Marketing Can Help
For fans of the do-it-yourself approach
Watch our Law Firm Social Media Webinars:
Download our Legal Social Media Books:
- Social Media Marketing For Attorneys That Finally Get You The Cases You Want
- What to Do When Worlds Collide: The Rise of Social and Search With Google+
For attorneys who are too busy and can't budget the time
Work with Us and Let the Pros Help You!
We understand social media marketing for lawyers. We can be as active or laid-back with your social media efforts as you would like. We can do something as basic as setting up your various social media accounts to handling every aspect of your attorney social media marketing campaign—from managing daily posts to running contests. If you have questions about how we help lawyers with social media, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call toll-free at 888-886-0939.