You are a medical professional, your practice is in a convenient and busy location, and you have partnerships with all the major insurance providers. So why is your practice losing money? Why is it so difficult to get new patients through the door?
The simple answer is that you aren’t marketing your practice correctly. You are probably relying on marketing methods from the last century to make people aware that your practice exists, and that just isn’t going to work anymore.
Bear in mind, when we say “last century,” that includes your website. Every practice out there has one, but the truth is that most practices are not using current marketing methods to take advantage of how the search engines work today. If you aren’t paying attention to how internet marketing works, then there isn’t much of a difference between your website and the box of business cards you have in your desk.
Are You Ready to Break Away from The Heard With Your Medical Practice's Marketing?
Great marketing starts by having a great practice! How do you know if you have a great practice? Ask yourself the following questions:
- What makes you different? If you take a look at the listing of family practitioners or medical specialists on any insurance website in any zip code, you will normally be looking at the names of dozens and dozens of practices. You are certainly not the only medical practice in your immediate area. Patients have a lot of options when it comes to where they receive care. You have to let them know where you are, what your specialty is, and what makes you different and better than the others.
- What is your specialty? Saying that you are a “doctor” tells people nothing. It’s the equivalent of giving “Planet Earth” as your address. It’s technically correct, but it doesn’t tell people where you are. Are you a family practitioner? A general practitioner? A surgeon? A pediatrician? A gynecologist? An orthopedist? Your marketing strategy should emphasize and advertise what makes your practice unique.
- Who is your ideal patient? Do you want to be the doctor entire families know and trust? Do you just want to work with children? Do you prefer patients with one sort of insurance rather than another? Do you prefer patients who live in a certain area? If that’s the case, then you should direct your marketing towards your ideal patient demographic.
- What do your ideal patients worry about the most? Your field is crowded, and many potential patients have a wide range of choices. But quite often, their concerns are quite similar. Since you know most of the questions already, why not have the answers readily available? If a patient can have his or her questions answered before he or she even walks through your door, that patient will more than likely schedule that appointment.
Once you refine your answers to these questions, you are ready to create a website that showcases your work and marketing that drives the right patients to your door. How do you find people you trust to help you build the practice of your dreams?
Finding the Right Marketing Partner for Your Medical Practice
At Foster Web Marketing we have teamed with the renowned Rem Jackson at Top Practices to create dynamic, effective websites that make marketing to your perfect patients easier than you ever thought possible. We have helped podiatrists, plastic surgeons, dentists and other types of medical practices expand their practices and attract more of the types of clients they actually like working with. We can do it for you, too—if you are the right kind of doctor.
If you are committed to growing your business by following our marketing principles, embracing the Four Pillars of Marketing (Internet Marketing, Referral Marketing, Internal Marketing and External Marketing) and if you are open to sharing your journey with fellow physicians, then you may be the kind of doctor we’re looking for.
We have a ceiling on the amount of medical practice clients we accept, which allows us to offer highly specialized and highly effective website development and individualized marketing strategies for your practice such as:
- Dynamic, customized websites
- Software to manage your website and your marketing
- Coaching and mentoring
- Virtual Marketing Directors
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) services
- Books and marketing campaigns “done for you”
- Custom content creation and content promotion
- Social media strategy and services
- Video production, optimization and distribution
- Monthly print and email newsletters “done for you”
- Ongoing education to keep you abreast of all the latest trends
Ready to find out if you’ve got what it takes to partner with the 100% “Made in the USA” teams at Foster Web Marketing and Top Practices? Call us today at 888-886-0939 or go ahead and request your free website analysis. We’ll take a look at your site and tell you what’s working, and what isn’t, and during a one-on-one consultation meeting we’ll review our recommendations. You’ve got nothing to lose: even if we don’t end up doing business together, you can take our recommendations to your current website provider and marketing team.