I just spent a day with Jess Todtfeld, the President of Media Training Worldwide. He was training me (and my America's Premier Experts collegues) on how to be interviewed for TV interviews. Now, we have done over 1000 video interviews of attorneys myself, so some of what we learned only reinforced what we are already doing at FWM, but Jess really did a great job at explaining and presenting other important details.
Here's a few interview tips that attorneys can use:
- Lean forward 15 degrees toward the camera.
- Look at the interviewer (not the camera).
- Move your head.
- Move your hands.
- Move your body.
- Wear solids (but not black, white, bright red).
- Speak louder than normal.
- Speak with more energy than normal.
- Focus on just three message points per video.
- Be conversational (don't try to memorize a script!)