It’s a largely universal rule: if you want to receive, you have to give. This rule is certainly the case when it comes to social media and networking sites like YouTube. If you want people to watch and comment on your attorney videos, you have to do the same. Being active in the YouTube community is a great way to get more video views and more channel subscribers – and it’s a way to keep your finger on the pulse of what’s happening with video and video marketing. Here are some ways to get started:
- Comment on relevant videos. Watch videos that are popular in your area and industry, and make intelligent, positive, and helpful comments.
- Reply to comments left on your videos. Comments are just the beginnings of conversations. Be sure to stay professional, avoid legal technical talk, and encourage your viewers to take the next step and act.
- Subscribe to relevant YouTube channels. Stay aware of the other authorities in your field and watch their videos!
- Make friends. In addition to subscribing to YouTube channels, you can also make friends, just like on Facebook. Make friends with people who leave comments on your videos as well as other respected people in your industry.
- Consider leaving a video response. If there’s a current event or issue in your area, or if there is a video in your industry that is getting a lot of attention, consider shooting a video that responds to another video already on YouTube – it’s a great way to keep a conversation going and gain the attention of those who have already shown interest in the subject.
It’s understandable if you don’t have time to consistently participate in the YouTube community, but you can delegate someone else to do so for you. At Foster Web Marketing, we can help with both the production and promotion of your lawyer videos.