Set Google Alerts and you will receive an e-mail when anyone mentions your name, location, practice area, and more.
Update different search engines that your blog has updated (if you have Wordpress, you probably don't need this because it automatically syndicates/pings).
Grassroots Internet Marketing
Take these steps to effectively market yourself as a legal blogger:
- Use law-related forums to answer questions related to your practice area. It doesn't hurt to drop a link back to your blog at the end or in your profile, just make it tasteful.
- Answer services like Yahoo! Answers, Fluther, and QNA Live are full of law-related questions. Take a few minutes and answer some of them... but for informative purposes, not "I can help you, call me at...."
- Get a Twitter account and utilize social media. More to come on this very soon.
- Connect with other attorneys in your practice area. You can kill two birds with one stone... you expand your social network, and might even get a link back to your blog.
- Share personal (non-work-related) on Flickr, videos on youtube, and anything else you can think of. Remember, a blog isn't always about legal topics. People love hearing about a family vacation, kid's sporting event, or anything else that can help them relate to you more as a person and less as a lawyer.