Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Website Design and Marketing for Attorneys, Doctors, and Other Professionals
Below are some questions many clients have when they first contact Foster Web Marketing about the online marketing world.
The questions below may address many initial concerns you may have. If you don't find your answers here, you should contact us for answers to any questions specific to your firm.
- Page 11
How should I promote the ebook written for my law firm?
Every way you can! If you just finished writing and publishing your book, you're proud—and you should be. Use the following vehicles to get the word out about your law firms' ebook:
- Embrace social media. Using your accounts on Google+, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites to promote your book is a great idea, but don't overdo it. The last thing potential clients—or your friends and associates—want is to hear about your book every hour of every day. So highlight your newest book for a while and then move on.
- Include it in your newsletters. Be sure to mention your latest book or legal guide when you send out your newsletter. Don't forget to remind everyone that it's free!
- Make it your call to action. Deciding the best way to phrase a call to action at the end of a blog or library article can be difficult, so consider using your book as a call to action. It seems like less of a hard sell, and potential clients will appreciate that.
- Feature it on your website. Using DSS, it's simple to add new books or offers to your website. Ensure it's on each relevant page.
Let us help you get the word out. Call 888.886.0939 to speak with a member of our book writing and promotion team. From brainstorming ideas to publishing your book, we can help make the process not only painless, but fun. Yes, fun! Harness the power of a free book offer, and call today.
How long does it take to see the results of attorney search engine marketing?
It really depends. Some attorneys start seeing results immediately, and other attorneys need a few months—or even a year—to tweak their online marketing campaigns and start building traffic. It’s important to understand that SEO isn’t a one-time thing or an overnight solution. Great SEO takes a little time and attention.
Here are just a few of the factors that can affect how soon you start seeing results from your online marketing efforts—and how effective those results are:
- How relevant your content is to potential clients. If potential clients start finding your site and fail to find anything useful, your page rankings are going to struggle. Make sure you’re offering something that is meaningful and relevant to your clients—something that encourages them to reach out to you.
- How targeted your keywords are. The keywords you use to attract traffic should be relevant to the types of clients you’re really looking for. Think about your ideal client and the types of words or phrases he or she might use to find you online.
- How much competition you face. If you are in a highly competitive market with an active online presence, you may struggle more in the beginning than other businesses in less competitive markets. It may be difficult to compete for the most desirable keywords, and it can help to apply your creativity and be vigilant in updating content regularly.
If you have questions about more effective SEO for lawyers, speak with the friendly attorney search engine marketing team at Foster Web Marketing today. Just give us a call at 1-888-886-0939!
Do you have any tips for writing an interesting title for my free lawyer ebook?
Of course we do! After all, our writing staff not only produces the content for lawyer websites, we also write books.
To begin with, ask yourself the following questions:
- What in-depth information are people looking for that they can't get on my website?
- What questions do I get asked over and over again?
- Which practice area do I want to focus on?
With answers to these questions in mind, start writing down titles. They can be long and should pique the interest of anyone who reads them. Consider adding in phrases such as "secrets revealed," "top tips," and "you wouldn't believe." It's nearly impossible for people to resist reading more when the promise of secrets, money-saving tips, or juicy information is offered.
Living Up to the Hype
An exciting title is well and good. But, if the content of your book is boring, the best title on Earth won't save it from being set down or tossed out. You have to continue to engage your reader.
The idea is to offer the complete package. From title to the final chapter, your book is a representation of you. If it's well written and interesting, potential clients will view you as an expert in your field. However, if it's sloppily done and poorly written, they will assume the same of your legal services and move on to your competitor.
We can help ensure that your book is a success. Call 888.886.0939 to find out more about how we can assist you in writing and publishing an attorney book that impresses readers and scores you more clients.
What should my landing page for Google AdWords ads be?
The landing pages you select or write for your Google AdWords campaign should:
- Be easy to navigate
- Answer the readers' questions
- Address the reason they clicked on the ad
- Contain no mistakes or errors
Your page should be so interesting and well designed that potential clients don't just read the content on the page, but stay on your site and read other articles. If it's not converting clicks to clients, it's time to take a harder look at the page.
What Your Landing Page Shouldn't Be
There are some big no-no's for landing pages for Google AdWords ads for attorneys. To avoid them, be sure that your landing page isn't:
- The same for every ad. If you have several ads, each should link to different pages.
- Your homepage. Usually, your homepage is too general to use for a landing page.
- Poorly written and/or designed. You are trying to give a great first impression. Presenting clickers an ugly, mistake-ridden landing page won't do that.
- Pure Information. While you want to answer the questions on the readers mind, you also want to include a brief call to action or free book offer.
- Pure Sales Pitch. Save the call to action or offer for the end. Nothing gets people clicking back faster than a hard sale.
You pay each time someone clicks on your ad. So each time someone clicks it only to quickly click off your site is a waste of money. Don't waste money making mistakes with your Google AdWords campaign. Call 888.886.0939 today.
How do I monitor my Google AdWords account?
- Sign in to Google AdWords.
- Click the Campaigns tab located at the top of the page.
- Click the Ads tab located in the middle of the page.
Once in the ads section, you will want to check on the following columns:
- Status. The status of your ad will be located here and will contain one of the following words or phrases: under review, eligible, approved, disapproved, site suspended, paused, pending, or ended. If you want this ad active, the status should be either eligible or approved.
- CTR (Click-Through Rate). This rate is crucial to the success of your ads. A CRT under one percent shows you that your ads aren't targeting the right audience.
- Avg. CPC (Cost-Per-Click). This shows how much, on average, you are paying per click. It's the cost of all of your clicks divided by the number of clicks your ads received.
As long as your ads are active, the most valuable information available is the click-through rate. This is the pulse of your Google AdWords campaign. If it's under one percent, it's time to do something about it.
For help managing your attorney web marketing campaign, from Google AdWords to video production, call 888.886.0939. Our team can help you not just do well, but crush your competition. You can dominate your market, and we can show you how.
I’d like to add a few more videos to my attorney website, but I’ve already done some introduction videos, given a tour of the office, and answered some questions on video. What other ideas do you have for great lawyer video marketing?
The fun part of online videos for lawyers is that, within reasonable ethical and professional bounds, the sky’s the limit! You can get as creative or informative as you like, and you’ll hopefully keep your clients and potential clients coming back for more. If you’ve already created some basic videos and want to expand your online video library, here are some ideas:
- Consider video testimonials. Sometimes potential clients get to know you best through the words of other people. A series of videos that feature satisfied clients talking about the professional service you were able to provide can be a big motivator for your website visitors.
- Try a series. Create a series of short videos that all address facets of a particular topic or that continue a popular discussion that started on your website or social media pages.
- Start a video blog. If you really love making videos for your law firm, consider starting a video blog. You can address current events that relate to your clients, talk about upcoming events, or just answer a weekly or monthly question!
Or, if you come up with some ideas of your own, we’d be happy to work with you to make those ideas a reality!
To find out how creating a lawyer video for your website can benefit your law firm, please reach out to the friendly lawyer video marketing team with Foster Web Marketing today. You can reach us at 1-888-886-0939, or you can simply fill out the online contact form on this page to learn more about what we can do for you!
How does YouTube decide the ranking of my online attorney video?
Although many people forget about it when considering their attorney SEO plans, YouTube should also be recognized for the powerful search engine that it is. If you take the time and expense to produce a great online video, it’s worth submitting your video to YouTube and optimizing that video to be found by your potential clients.
Many factors go into the search ranking of your attorney YouTube video, including:
- Your titles, tags, descriptions, and keywords
- Annotations attached to your video
- How viewers have rated your video
- The number of views
- The number of channel views and subscribers
- Any video responses
- How many times the video has been shared or embedded
- How old your video is
- If your video has been flagged
- The comments that your video receives
Don’t get too stressed out about your YouTube video rankings, though. Ultimately, YouTube wants to connect users with videos that are relevant and high quality—so, if you’re producing relevant, high-quality videos, then you’re already most of the way there.
Please feel free to give the video marketing team at Foster Web Marketing a call today with any questions about marketing your online attorney videos on YouTube.
To learn more about video marketing for attorneys, please request your FREE copy of our informative book How to Get Found by the World’s Most Aggressive Internet Users and Never Miss Another Lead, which explains more about how businesses and professionals can make sure their marketing videos are seen on YouTube. You can request your complimentary copy of this book by giving us a call at 1-888-886-0939 or by filling out the convenient online contact form on this page.
Do I have to take my attorney website down in order to update it or perform maintenance?
Whenever possible, it is best to avoid taking your website offline. When your website is down, potential clients who find you are likely to be frustrated—and they’re also unlikely to come back later when your site is available again. Additionally, frequent downtime could end up hurting your Google rankings.
However, we all know that keeping your site properly maintained and updated is one of the keys to ranking highly with Google and other search engines. So what happens if you need to add an update or perform some kind of offline maintenance? For the most part, you should be able to prepare your updates ahead of time and update your site without ever taking it down—it all depends on how your attorney website is handled.
If your attorney website is with Foster Web Marketing, then you have access to our powerful Dynamic Self-Syndication™ (DSS™), which lets you update your website at any time—without any downtime for your visitors! You (or anyone in your office) can change your practice pages, add new practice pages, delete pages, update your blog, or add an article, even during your heaviest traffic times.
If, for some reason, you must take your website down for maintenance, keep in mind that it is best to do this during low-traffic times and keep the downtime as short as possible.
If you’d like more information about maintaining your attorney website or adding new content with our Dynamic Self-Syndication™ (DSS™) system, please give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or simply fill out the convenient online contact form on this page. Our talented online attorney marketing team would be happy to answer your questions and talk about solutions that will bring you more online contacts and clients.
What kind of attorney website maintenance tasks can Foster Web Marketing help me with?
At Foster Web Marketing, we can be as involved—or uninvolved—in your attorney website maintenance as you are comfortable with. Here are just a few of the services we can offer to help you maintain a law firm website:
- Access to our Dynamic Self-Syndication™ (DSS™) system. DSS™ allows you to take control of your attorney website, and it makes many maintenance tasks a breeze. Add pages, delete pages, add blog posts, and edit pages all from the same place—without website downtime.
- Website content writing services. Our team of content writers can provide great copy for your website, and we can even create and post new and relevant content on a continuing basis!
- Performance data and analytics. We can show you how to find the information yourself, or we can keep an eye on where your site is doing well and where it could use a little help.
- Keyword research and SEO review. Our attorney SEO team will look into the most effective keywords for your practice areas, and we’ll keep tabs on how they perform. Additionally, we’ll tell you about (and incorporate) the latest changes to the SEO game and how to adjust in response.
- Help with link building and link maintenance. We can cultivate a great garden of links for your website using “white hat” techniques and keeping SEO in mind.
To learn more about creating an attorney website maintenance plan, or to find out more about our online marketing solutions, please reach out to the team at Foster Web Marketing today at 1-888-886-0939, or simply fill out the convenient online contact form on this page to learn more.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.