Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Website Design and Marketing for Attorneys, Doctors, and Other Professionals
Below are some questions many clients have when they first contact Foster Web Marketing about the online marketing world.
The questions below may address many initial concerns you may have. If you don't find your answers here, you should contact us for answers to any questions specific to your firm.
- Page 11
Should I be using different keywords for my mobile site?
While the research is still emerging on this subject, it seems that shorter keywords can help your mobile site rank better.
Pay Attention to Keyword Length and Search Engine Suggestions
People using a mobile device—be it a phone or tablet—are using a touchscreen to type. Most people do not type as fast this way and will therefore search using shorter words and phrases. So, while a good long-tail keyword (“attorney who handles car accident cases in Bucks County, PA”) is effective for a traditional site, focusing on shorter, geo-specific keywords (“car accident attorney Bucks County”) may help your mobile search engine rankings.
In addition, people using their phones for an internet search are more likely to use keyword suggestions that pop up when they begin typing in a search. So, if they start typing “Bucks County att...” and “Bucks County Attorneys” pops up, they are likely to abandon their search and choose this option. Get to know these pop-up suggestions, and create some of your mobile keywords based on them.
Now is most certainly the time to take the leap and create a mobile site. The going isn't always easy, and the rules are always changing. However, with help from our lawyer mobile website team, you can create a mobile site that capitalizes on the ever-growing population of mobile internet users.
Call 888.886.0939 and let us show you how mobile marketing for your law firm can help you crush your competition.
What are the biggest mistakes I can make with my attorney website design?
If you’re just getting started with a new website, you may be worried that you’re going to make a mistake that accidentally drives potential clients away, instead of inviting them in. The rules of the Web change all the time, and it can be overwhelming to keep track of all the details and current best practices—and you’re definitely not alone if you feel a creeping sense of dread that you’re going to “do it wrong.”
You Might Be Able to Fix It Later, But It Will Cost You Time and Money
Although small problems can usually be fixed later without too much trouble, major mistakes could cost you a lot of time and money in the long run. For example, here are three mistakes that can cause major headaches and actually make your website work against you:
- Ugly, obviously cheap, or distracting design choices. If your colors clash, your pictures are all low resolution, or your page is stuffed with confusing menus and widgets, then your potential clients are likely to click away without reading a word.
- Sparse or low-quality content. Your potential clients turn to Google for answers. If your website doesn’t have much relevant information to offer, then visitors are going to look elsewhere. Also keep in mind that spammy or poorly written content could reflect poorly on you as a professional.
- Poor construction and broken elements. Let’s face it—if the website doesn’t work, then it’s a waste of money. Make sure your website is in working order and looks great on a range of devices.
If you are ready to build a new attorney website, or if your old site could use some love, please reach out to the friendly attorney website design team at Foster Web Marketing today for guidance. Just give us a call at 1-888-886-0939, or fill out the easy online contact form on this page for more information!
Is there any difference between mobile SEO and desktop SEO?
Yes. There are actually many ways that mobile and desktop SEO strategies differ. Some of the keys to creating an effective SEO plan for your mobile site include:
- Shorter keywords. People using their phones to search type in shorter keywords. They are also more likely to choose a selection from the dropdown menu of suggested keywords that appears as they type.
- Streamlined design. A mobile website design for a law office should be stripped down to its basics. A click-to-call button and call to action should be easily visible. Users shouldn't need to zoom in order to read the text on the pages. White space should take up most of the screen, and each page should be clutter free.
- Fast loading. Ensure that your mobile site loads with minimal wait times. Optimally, it should operate as fast as your traditional site.
With these mobile website design aspects in place, your site can be easily viewed and navigated by potential clients. People no longer have the patience to "pinch and zoom." They are used to seeing mobile sites on their phones and will become frustrated if you don't have one.
Dominate Your Local Market
If you create an effective, easy-to-use mobile site, you can and will be able to compete with the "big dog" attorneys in your local market. In fact, if they haven't embraced a mobile website for their law firm, you may soon find yourself dominating your competition.
Don't wait to get on board with mobile web design. Call 888.886.0939 today to learn more about the importance of creating a mobile website for your law office.
How can I get more people to read my attorney website content?
No matter how good it looks, your attorney website is almost useless if visitors aren’t sticking around to read what you have to say. If you want to attract more potential clients with your attorney website content and encourage them to read more, make sure you’re:
- Optimizing your content. People can’t read your attorney website content if they can’t find it! Pay attention to search engine optimization trends and incorporate relevant keywords in your content.
- Providing content your potential clients want to read. It’s not really about attracting just any reader—you want to attract potential clients. Your content should be relevant and meaningful to the type of client you’d like to attract.
- Updating regularly. If you constantly post new content, it gives readers a reason to come back and check in. And, to really make a connection with your readers, consider getting involved with blogging and social media.
- Editing before you post. Even the most interesting website content can be frustrating and useless to visitors if it’s full of misspelled words and formatting errors. Take the time to proofread and edit your content before you post it so that you look like the professional you are.
Do you have questions about content marketing or how our website content writing services can help you attract more contacts and clients for your law firm? Give the friendly content writing team with Foster Web Marketing a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or simply fill out the easy online contact form on this page to learn more!
What are the benefits of ordering and using the educational CD set?
The benefits are numerous, but the top three reasons to order your FWM CD and DVD learning kit are:
- The ability to learn at your leisure. You can learn when and where you want to. Listen to the CD's during your commute, or pop in the DVD while making dinner. Look over the workbook, and fill out the in-depth worksheets before bed. Soon enough, you have a handle on all things lawyer web marketing.
- Extensive information. We didn't skimp on the amount of information in the learning kit. We lay out all we know about running your website, writing effective content, starting a social media campaign, the best SEO practices, and much more. And, if you get done and still have questions, call us! We are happy to help.
- No sales pitch. We have no interest in hard sales, especially when you are trying to learn all you can about building and maintaining your own marketing campaign. The set is pure, unadulterated education for attorneys who want to run their own websites.
Ordering Your FWM Learning Kit
To get started, visit the FWM Learning Kit order page. We often run promotions on the kit, making ordering today a smart and economical decision.
If you're not quite ready to order, please feel free to call us. We can help you decide the best way to get the information you need. Don't forget that we offer monthly webinars for clients and run the FWM Academy, an intensive program designed to meet the specific needs of attorneys. You can take control of the success of your website and your practice. We can show you how.
How should I promote the ebook written for my law firm?
Every way you can! If you just finished writing and publishing your book, you're proud—and you should be. Use the following vehicles to get the word out about your law firms' ebook:
- Embrace social media. Using your accounts on Google+, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites to promote your book is a great idea, but don't overdo it. The last thing potential clients—or your friends and associates—want is to hear about your book every hour of every day. So highlight your newest book for a while and then move on.
- Include it in your newsletters. Be sure to mention your latest book or legal guide when you send out your newsletter. Don't forget to remind everyone that it's free!
- Make it your call to action. Deciding the best way to phrase a call to action at the end of a blog or library article can be difficult, so consider using your book as a call to action. It seems like less of a hard sell, and potential clients will appreciate that.
- Feature it on your website. Using DSS, it's simple to add new books or offers to your website. Ensure it's on each relevant page.
Let us help you get the word out. Call 888.886.0939 to speak with a member of our book writing and promotion team. From brainstorming ideas to publishing your book, we can help make the process not only painless, but fun. Yes, fun! Harness the power of a free book offer, and call today.
How long does it take to see the results of attorney search engine marketing?
It really depends. Some attorneys start seeing results immediately, and other attorneys need a few months—or even a year—to tweak their online marketing campaigns and start building traffic. It’s important to understand that SEO isn’t a one-time thing or an overnight solution. Great SEO takes a little time and attention.
Here are just a few of the factors that can affect how soon you start seeing results from your online marketing efforts—and how effective those results are:
- How relevant your content is to potential clients. If potential clients start finding your site and fail to find anything useful, your page rankings are going to struggle. Make sure you’re offering something that is meaningful and relevant to your clients—something that encourages them to reach out to you.
- How targeted your keywords are. The keywords you use to attract traffic should be relevant to the types of clients you’re really looking for. Think about your ideal client and the types of words or phrases he or she might use to find you online.
- How much competition you face. If you are in a highly competitive market with an active online presence, you may struggle more in the beginning than other businesses in less competitive markets. It may be difficult to compete for the most desirable keywords, and it can help to apply your creativity and be vigilant in updating content regularly.
If you have questions about more effective SEO for lawyers, speak with the friendly attorney search engine marketing team at Foster Web Marketing today. Just give us a call at 1-888-886-0939!
Do you have any tips for writing an interesting title for my free lawyer ebook?
Of course we do! After all, our writing staff not only produces the content for lawyer websites, we also write books.
To begin with, ask yourself the following questions:
- What in-depth information are people looking for that they can't get on my website?
- What questions do I get asked over and over again?
- Which practice area do I want to focus on?
With answers to these questions in mind, start writing down titles. They can be long and should pique the interest of anyone who reads them. Consider adding in phrases such as "secrets revealed," "top tips," and "you wouldn't believe." It's nearly impossible for people to resist reading more when the promise of secrets, money-saving tips, or juicy information is offered.
Living Up to the Hype
An exciting title is well and good. But, if the content of your book is boring, the best title on Earth won't save it from being set down or tossed out. You have to continue to engage your reader.
The idea is to offer the complete package. From title to the final chapter, your book is a representation of you. If it's well written and interesting, potential clients will view you as an expert in your field. However, if it's sloppily done and poorly written, they will assume the same of your legal services and move on to your competitor.
We can help ensure that your book is a success. Call 888.886.0939 to find out more about how we can assist you in writing and publishing an attorney book that impresses readers and scores you more clients.
What should my landing page for Google AdWords ads be?
The landing pages you select or write for your Google AdWords campaign should:
- Be easy to navigate
- Answer the readers' questions
- Address the reason they clicked on the ad
- Contain no mistakes or errors
Your page should be so interesting and well designed that potential clients don't just read the content on the page, but stay on your site and read other articles. If it's not converting clicks to clients, it's time to take a harder look at the page.
What Your Landing Page Shouldn't Be
There are some big no-no's for landing pages for Google AdWords ads for attorneys. To avoid them, be sure that your landing page isn't:
- The same for every ad. If you have several ads, each should link to different pages.
- Your homepage. Usually, your homepage is too general to use for a landing page.
- Poorly written and/or designed. You are trying to give a great first impression. Presenting clickers an ugly, mistake-ridden landing page won't do that.
- Pure Information. While you want to answer the questions on the readers mind, you also want to include a brief call to action or free book offer.
- Pure Sales Pitch. Save the call to action or offer for the end. Nothing gets people clicking back faster than a hard sale.
You pay each time someone clicks on your ad. So each time someone clicks it only to quickly click off your site is a waste of money. Don't waste money making mistakes with your Google AdWords campaign. Call 888.886.0939 today.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.