Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Website Design and Marketing for Attorneys, Doctors, and Other Professionals
Below are some questions many clients have when they first contact Foster Web Marketing about the online marketing world.
The questions below may address many initial concerns you may have. If you don't find your answers here, you should contact us for answers to any questions specific to your firm.
- Page 12
How can I use social media websites to promote my attorney video?
Making a killer attorney video is only half of the battle – you also have promote that killer video so that potential clients actually see it, share it, and act on it. It’s a great start to post your lawyer video on your website, but you shouldn’t stop there. Sharing your video on various social media websites can help your video get views, receive comments, gain traction, and even go viral. Here’s where you can start:
- YouTube. This is the most popular social media platform for videos, and you should share all of your videos on a law-firm-specific YouTube channel. Keep in mind that millions of internet surfers use YouTube as their primary video search engine.
- Facebook. Post your video on Facebook and watch as all of your fans watch it, comment it, and “like” it. Half of Facebook’s users browse the site every single day, which means that a large number of people who follow you will see your video post.
- Twitter. Tweet a link to your video along with a pithy blurb about why the video is important to watch or what questions the video will answer.
Promoting your attorney videos doesn’t have to take huge amounts of time – it can simply consist of posting your work on a few social networking sites and making sure your online community has a chance to watch. If you’d like more tips and assistance from our online attorney video team, contact Foster Web Marketing today at 1-888-886-0939.
Should I include a video in my email campaigns?
At Foster Web Marketing, you’ve probably noticed that we are very enthusiastic about utilizing video in your online attorney marketing campaigns – video is becoming increasingly popular among internet users, and short online videos are a proven way to get more converts and clients. But what about using video in email marketing campaigns?
There are a number of pros and cons to using video in emails – and whether or not adding video to your emails is a good idea depends heavily on how you plan on incorporating your video. For example, embedding a video directly into your email is very different than including a link to a video in your email.
Here’s the good news: marketing studies have found that emails that include video generate high click-through rates and better campaign performance. A video is great at grabbing a reader’s attention and a video may reach many users in a way that words and still images can’t.
Here’s the bad news: it can be difficult to integrate video into your emails without getting them blocked by some email services. In addition, some users find email videos – especially videos with sound that autoplays – a nuisance.
Want to learn more about whether adding a video to your attorney email campaign could help your law firm? Call Foster Web Marketing today to speak with a consultant at 1-888-886-0939.
How should I approach social media marketing for my law firm in 2013?
One of the factors that makes social media marketing so exciting is that the rules and best practices are constantly changing. If you set up the social media accounts for your law firm a few years ago and haven’t made many changes since then, it’s worth sitting down with your Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other social media accounts to find out what you could be doing better.
Tips for Handling Your Social Media Marketing in 2013
If you think your social media presence could use some love, try a few of these helpful tips for dusting off your social media marketing strategy as we move into 2013:
- Make sure you’re getting involved. Your audience expects you to be social when you’re getting involved in social media. Make sure you are posting often, responding to comments, and reach out to your readers.
- The focus should be on your past, current, and potential clients. Your social media presence should be more than just marketing materials and information about how great you are. Think about the questions and concerns your potential clients have, and work to put out content that will really be helpful to them.
- Don’t forget about the power of video. Online video is still only increasing in popularity every year—and it lets your potential clients SEE and HEAR what to expect when they come in to meet with you. If you haven’t already, try adding a few videos to your social media sites.
- Beware of over-optimization of your social media accounts. As attorney search engine optimization evolves, there is less emphasis on SEO “tricks” and more emphasis on just providing relevant, interesting content for your audience.
If you need help building a great social media marketing plan for your law firm, or if you have questions about how social media can connect you with more potential clients and customers, please speak with our team today at 1-888-886-0939 for more information. At Foster Web Marketing, we know how to do social media for attorneys right, and we’d be happy to help you make your law firm shine online.
How many people can help me manage my attorney website though DSS?
When you use our Dynamic Self-Syndication™ (DSS™) system, you have the power to add and edit content on your attorney website as you see fit. Many of our users also wish to set up DSS accounts for other people who will be helping them manage their websites. Unlike many other content management services, Foster Web Marketing allows our clients to create unlimited DSS accounts so that everyone on their team can log into the system and add or edit content.
In the past, our clients have created accounts for:
- Other partners or attorneys at a firm
- Other staff members at a firm
- A marketing manager or marketing assistant
- Independent content writers (even if it's not someone from our company!)
- A SEO expert or consultant (even if it's not someone from our company!)
In addition, we are always happy to train any of the above people to use DSS successfully – and we will gladly conduct more training sessions each time you hire someone new. Everyone at your law office with an account can add content, ask questions in the DSS forum, or call us for assistance.
Does DSS sound like a content management system that could be right for your attorney website and law office? Give us a call at 1-888-886-0939 to learn more.
I’m not seeing the results I want from my law firm’s Facebook and Twitter campaigns. How can I improve my ineffective social media marketing?
How you improve your social media marketing strategy really depends on what your goals for using social media really are. Think about what you want out of social media. Do you want more clients? More contacts? Do you want to provide better customer service and maintain relationships with prior clients? Once you clearly understand your goals, ask yourself this round of questions:
- What kind of content am I providing?
- How often am I adding new content?
- Am I responding to comments and messages in a timely manner?
- How active are social media users in following and sharing my content?
- Am I effectively engaging with my social media followers?
- Am I really meeting and maintaining relationships with potential and prior clients?
If your social media could use some work in one of more of these areas, start making real progress toward improvement while keeping your social media goals in mind. Think about ways you can increase your engagement with your social audience, and think about providing compelling content that would be more relevant to your ideal client.
It’s also worth noting that social media marketing takes a little time to gain momentum. You aren’t likely to see sizeable results immediately, but you should start to see better results over time—especially if you continue to provide interesting and shareable social media content!
If you need help improving your social media marketing, speak with the friendly, online attorney marketing team with Foster Web Marketing today. We’d be happy to take a look at your current campaign and put in the work to make it the powerful marketing tool it should be. Just give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or fill out the online contact form on this page for more information.
What kind of content should I feature on my mobile attorney website?
Your mobile attorney website is essentially a pared-down version of your main website, optimized with the needs and concerns of mobile-device users in mind. When it comes to content, the idea is to essentially translate the great content on your main site into effective mobile content.
Keep in mind that you don’t want to include every single bit of information from your regular site with your mobile site. Instead, you should be choosing to include the highlights that are most relevant to your mobile audience. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- A video that explains what to expect at your first legal consultation or answers a question
- Articles that answer common questions—especially if you include a catchy headline
- Eye-catching images that have been optimized for mobile viewing
- Instructions for obtaining more information or scheduling a meeting
For the most part, you can use much of the same content that’s already on your main website. It’s really just a matter of optimizing your content for smartphone and tablet users and choosing the very best of your main website to feature on the mobile Web.
If you need help designing a mobile attorney website, or if you’d like to talk about more ideas for great mobile content, reach out to the mobile marketing team at Foster Web Marketing today. You can reach us at 1-888-886-0939 or by filling out the quick contact form on this page.
When is the right time to redesign my attorney mobile website?
Because mobile websites are a fairly new phenomenon, choosing the right time for an attorney mobile website redesign isn’t always clear. However, although there may not be a definite, set-in-stone answer to your question, here are some indicators that it might be time for a mobile site redesign:
- Your mobile website just isn’t bringing in the contacts and potential clients you want. Plain and simple—if your mobile website isn’t working for you, it’s time for a redesign.
- Your mobile website appears clunky or outdated compared to newer mobile sites. If your mobile website is starting to show its age in comparison to your competitors’ sites, it’s probably time for a makeover.
- Elements of your mobile website appear broken or distorted. If it doesn’t work right, mobile users aren’t going to stick around.
- Your mobile website isn’t optimized for the new generation of mobile devices. People use a range of mobile devices to access the Web. Make sure your potential clients can reach you no matter what type of tablet or smartphone they use.
- Your mobile website doesn’t match the tone or personality of your main site. For a more professional look, your mobile website and main website should keep a similar color scheme and personality.
- Your mobile website doesn’t take advantage of elements like social-media sharing or one-click calling. There are many features unique to the mobile web. If you’re not taking advantage of them, you’re probably missing out.
If you think you might be ready for an attorney website redesign, discuss your ideas and concerns with our friendly mobile marketing team at Foster Web Marketing today. We’d be happy to review your current site, make recommendations, and help you build a better mobile presence. Just give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or fill out the quick online contact form on this page for more information!
How can I tell if my attorney website is too cluttered?
When it comes to attorney website design, more is not always better. While some lawyer websites might suffer from being too plain, it is safe to say that more lawyer websites suffer from being too cluttered and busy.
To determine whether your website might be overcrowded, ask yourself the following questions:
- Does my website have a focal point – a place that naturally draws the eye?
- Do new visitors know where to click when they land on my page?
- Is it easy to find the most important information on my website?
- Is landing on my homepage overwhelming to visitors?
- Do users have to scroll to find vital information or contact information?
If you answered, “yes,” to any of the above questions, you may want to think about redesigning your website to make it easier to navigate and more inviting. If you still aren’t sure if your website and homepage are too cluttered, have a few honest friends be guinea pigs for you. Sit them down in front of your homepage and ask them about their experience.
If your website design is too cluttered, you might be increasing your bounce rate, hurting your page rank, and, most importantly, losing potential contacts and clients. To learn more about whether you might need an attorney website redesign, contact Foster Web Marketing today at 888.886.0939.
Why does the content on my lawyer website matter so much? Isn’t my website just a big online advertisement?
Great lawyer web marketing is about more than just providing an online billboard. Your potential clients expect relevant and engaging web content when they come to you online, and most people will immediately move on if your lawyer website provides nothing of substance – just a useless plug for your law firm.
Think about it this way. You would never sit down with a worried client in your office and spend the whole time showing off your degrees and awards or aggressively convincing them how great you are. Instead, you’d listen to their concerns, respond thoughtfully, and provide sympathy and guidance – like the professional you are. You should think about your lawyer website content the same way, especially as the nature of online communication becomes more and more social over time.
These days, most people turn to their laptops, desktops, or smartphones when they have questions or concerns. Someone with a legal problem is now more likely to turn to Google before they open a phonebook or contact anyone in person. Your lawyer website is your chance to make a great first impression, build trust, create a personal connection, provide crucial information, and encourage your potential clients to take the next step and contact you. And you just can’t do that with a static website that only functions as an advertisement.
If you’d like to learn more about effective attorney web marketing and creating great lawyer website content, reach out to the experienced online content team at Foster Web Marketing. You can reach us at 1-888-886-0939 for more answers, or you can simply fill out the quick contact form on this page for more information.
I’ve been told my lawyer website content is “thin.” How can I improve it?
If your current site is thin on content, you’ve probably noticed a huge decrease in your traffic over the last year or so. Google algorithm updates have put an increased emphasis on rich content, and many sites with thin or spammy content have watched their traffic plummet as a result. However, it is possible to improve your rankings and salvage a website that has been filled with thin content over time. Here are some ideas to help you get started:
- Start providing great content. Probably the most important thing you can do is to just start creating better online content. Update your lawyer website with rich and engaging content now, and post new content at least once a month – or, ideally, a few times a week.
- Improve old content. Go back through your website content and start fleshing out short articles, correcting errors, deleting duplicate content, and weeding out outdated or “black hat” optimization tactics.
- Delete the worst offenders. If you have a few landing pages that are particularly bad, it may be worth just deleting them entirely. Don’t forget to clean up any broken links this might cause or redirect traffic to a more relevant landing page.
To learn more about creating great attorney content for the web, request your FREE copy of our must-read book The Secret to Content That Gets You Cases, Plain and Simple.
And, if you need help improving your current lawyer website content, speak with our experienced online attorney marketing team today. You can reach us at 1-888-886-0939 to discuss your website content concerns, or you can simply fill out the quick contact form on this page to learn more.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.