Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Website Design and Marketing for Attorneys, Doctors, and Other Professionals
Below are some questions many clients have when they first contact Foster Web Marketing about the online marketing world.
The questions below may address many initial concerns you may have. If you don't find your answers here, you should contact us for answers to any questions specific to your firm.
- Page 13
How do I know when my attorney website is ready to go live?
If you’re building a new attorney website, it seems like there is always something else you can add. You may be envisioning a huge library of information, another practice area or two that might be helpful, more articles, more videos—more, more, more! But, if there is always more you can add to your website, how do you know when it’s “finished” enough to finally go live?
The great thing about modern website design is that a website is never really finished. Even after you go live, you should be regularly updating and adding to your site. Determining when to initially go live isn’t an exact science, but you should at least meet some minimum requirements, including:
- Your main landing pages and practice areas are ready to go.
- Your navigation system is in place and there are no broken links.
- Images, videos, and other page elements are working properly.
- Your text content is well written, relevant, and free of errors.
- Your contact information is correct and easy to find.
- You are able to easily add more later.
If your attorney website design is handled by Foster Web Marketing, we’ll help you get everything in shape to go live, make sure everything is in working order, and we’ll train you to use our easy Dynamic Self-Syndication™ (DSS™) system, which makes it easy to add, update, and delete content later!
For more information about designing websites for lawyers, or if you have questions about making your attorney website a success, reach out to the experienced team with Foster Web Marketing today at 1-888-886-0939.
How important is it to hire an outside SEO team to handle my online attorney marketing?
Well, how important it is to hire an outside SEO team depends entirely on your own goals and the needs of your law firm. It is possible to do all of your online marketing on your own, but, if you want it to be effective, it will probably require a large time commitment. If you don’t want to hire an outside SEO team to market your law firm online, you may look into:
- Handling your own online marketing. This is an attractive option, especially for small business owners who want to take an active hand in how they appear to potential clients. If you have the time to put in the research, create regular content, and adjust to new trends and changes, then we strongly encourage you to try it yourself!
- Training someone in your office to handle your online marketing concerns. If you don’t have time to handle your own SEO, you may consider training an in-house employee to do it for you. Be aware, though, that great online marketing can easily become a full-time job depending on the size of your business.
No matter what you choose or how much control you’d like to have over your online marketing, Foster Web Marketing is always here with guidance and support if you need a hand.
Ready to get started? If you’d like to learn more about why search engine rankings matter and how to start connecting with more clients and contacts on your own, the FWM Academy may be right for you. You can join us in person for a rigorous online marketing workshop, or you can take advantage of the convenience of our CD or DVD learning kits. To learn more, just give us a call at 1-888-886-0939, or fill out the online contact form on this page!
Where can I find good ideas for news items and current event articles?
When it comes to high-quality attorney website content, news and current events articles are a great way to increase traffic, establish yourself as a local legal authority, and get new clients. But where can you find material to write about?
Start with your local newspaper, especially if you practice locally or on the state level. If you take cases from across the country, national news sources will do as well. Look for any articles that are relevant to your practice areas and that you could imagine would interest your readers. If you are a personal injury attorney, you may write about a recent accident in your county. If you are a bankruptcy attorney, you might want to write about the latest news on the economy. If you are a divorce lawyer, you may want to write about the governor’s recent split.
Next, follow news sources and industry experts on social media websites like Facebook and Twitter. The media, other attorneys, and local government entities will often post news and relevant current events information. Use these guides to find great news stories and angles.
Do you want to learn more about creating quality content for the readers of your attorney website or lawyer blog? Or are you considering hiring a content writer to make certain your site is updated regularly with great articles? Contact Foster Web Marketing today at 888-886-0939.
I’m stumped. Where can I get good ideas for attorney website content?
Many of our clients are motivated and excited to get started writing their own attorney web content, but they then get stuck when they open a blank Word document. Where do great content ideas come from, and what can you do to start a good content brainstorm?
The best answer is to put yourself in the shoes of your reader and your potential client. What concerns them most when they are in need of legal services or when they are searching for the right lawyer? What questions weigh most heavily on their minds? And, perhaps most importantly, what questions and keywords do they type into the search engine to find your website?
Use your imagination (and your experiences with past clients) to think about what content would be most helpful. Next, hop over to Google Analytics to see what keywords are bringing people to your content. Are there patterns or themes?
If you are still stuck, we can help. At Foster Web Marketing, we have a talented stable of content writers who can help pad your website with relevant, optimized, and high-quality content. At the same time, we provide attorney training that can help you learn how to produce your own effective content. To get started, call 888-886-0939.
How can I best search engine optimize my meta descriptions?
When it comes to search engine bots ranking your web page, meta descriptions don’t count for very much. However, having a pithy, interesting, and well-written meta description can greatly help your click-through rate and help attract readers to your website.
Here are a few SEO meta description tips to keep in mind when writing content for your attorney website:
- The best meta descriptions are ones that very accurately describe the content on your page.
- Never cut and paste the same generic meta description onto multiple pages.
- Keep your meta description under 160 characters so that it is not likely to be cut off when it appears in the search results.
- Don’t stuff your meta description with keywords—it does not help your SEO.
- Never leave your meta-description field blank.
- Take an extra minute to make your meta description interesting and effective.
At Foster Web Marketing, we specialize in providing attorneys with awesome SEO services and training attorneys to take the search engine optimization of their websites into their own hands. To learn more about what we do—and to find out how we can help you—call us today at 888-886-0939 to schedule a free meeting.
How can I best search engine optimize my web page titles?
Your web page titles are one of the most important aspects of your attorney website, and search engines weigh them heavily when ranking your page. It is vital to take the time to write a search engine optimized title that also grabs the attention of readers.
Here are some quick tips:
- Don’t make your page titles too long or too short. Google accepts 70 characters – stick with that limit.
- Put a good keyword or two in your title, but never stuff your title with more. Search engines and readers will notice, and it won’t make them happy.
- Make sure your title is relevant to the content. The closer they match, the happier both the search engine bots and your readers will be.
- Never cut and paste generic titles onto multiple pages of your website.
- Be certain that your title makes sense and is not just a string of important keywords.
- Make sure that your title speaks to the needs and emotions of the reader.
- Take an extra moment to make your title really interesting and well written.
Do you need professional help with your attorney website SEO? We are here to help. Call Foster Web Marketing today to learn more about our services and talk to a member of our marketing team at 888-886-0939.
It doesn’t seem like many people are downloading my free attorney ebook. What am I doing wrong?
If you are already offering a free attorney ebook on your website, you’ve already taken a huge step and probably have most of the really hard work out of the way. However, if it just doesn’t seem like you’re getting much interest in your free book offer, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do people know about your free attorney ebook? You can’t expect people to get excited about a book they don’t know about. Remind your potential clients about your book on your website, in your blog, through your newsletter, or anywhere else you have contact with potential clients.
- Is your free book offer relevant to your potential clients? If your book focuses on probate law, but most of your practice is devoted to divorce law, potential clients who find your book may not be interested because it doesn’t address their concerns.
- Does your free book offer suffer from thin content? If your book is very short or only contains a pitch for your law office, then clients may not find it useful or worth the download. Consider expanding and improving your free book offer or adding short guides.
- Is it easy to request your free book? If your website visitors can’t immediately find a way to request your book, they probably won’t keep digging. Make sure you have clear links to your offer page and incorporate an easy order form.
If you need help writing an ebook to offer on your attorney website, or if you have a draft that could use a little love, reach out to the experienced content writing team at Foster Web Marketing today! Feel free to give us a call at 1-888-886-0939, or just fill out the convenient online contact form on this page for more information!
Is it okay to contact your content writing team with a rough draft for my attorney ebook?
Of course! Our attorney book writing team would be happy to help you develop a draft, expand your ideas, and create an attorney ebook you can be proud to offer on your website. No matter what stage of the writing process you’re in, access to a talented book writing and editing team can be invaluable—especially if you’re a busy professional with multiple other demands on your time.
At Foster Web Marketing, we would be happy to work with your:
- Outline and/or notes. If you’re still in the planning stage and only have an outline or a few notes and ideas, we’ll love to talk with you about your vision for the book and how we can help flesh out your ideas.
- Rough draft. Whether your rough draft still needs an ending or just needs a quick proofread, the online book writing team with Foster can take off the rough edges and give it a fine polish. And you can remain as involved—or uninvolved—in the process as you prefer.
- New book project. Whether you’ve decided to scrap your draft or just want to create a series of offers, our content writing team can help you come up with relevant ideas—and we can even write it for you under your direction!
If you need help writing an ebook to offer to your potential clients, or if you just need help finishing a book you’ve started, our friendly attorney book writing team would be happy to talk with you. Feel free to give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or simply fill out the easy online contact form on this page to learn more!
How can I control costs in my Google AdWords pay-per-click marketing campaign?
If you’re running a pay-per-click marketing campaign through Google AdWords, you have tons of options to control your costs—it’s really one of the major benefits of using AdWords! However, with the many options available to you, it can be difficult to find the right mix that both brings in the contacts and clients you want and stays within your advertising budget.
When you use Google AdWords to market your law firm, keep in mind that:
- There are no fixed costs for an AdWords marketing campaign.
- You have control over your maximum daily AdWords budget.
- You don’t have to meet a minimum spending requirement—you can spend as much or as little as you like!
Controlling Costs Through Better Keyword Bidding
If you’re using AdWords, the real costs come from your keywords and how much you’re willing to spend on high-competition keywords. Some people end up wasting their AdWords dollars on keywords that are too narrow, too broad, or just plain irrelevant. If you want to really control your pay-per-click marketing costs, remember to measure the value of your keywords against:
- The competition for the keyword – higher competition means a higher cost!
- The number of people who search for the keyword – a cheap keyword is useless if it doesn’t help you bring in clients!
Is your pay-per-click campaign a mess? Do you need an expert hand with Google AdWords for attorneys? Give our friendly online attorney marketing team a call today at 1-888-886-0939 for guidance!
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.