Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Website Design and Marketing for Attorneys, Doctors, and Other Professionals
Below are some questions many clients have when they first contact Foster Web Marketing about the online marketing world.
The questions below may address many initial concerns you may have. If you don't find your answers here, you should contact us for answers to any questions specific to your firm.
- Page 13
Do you offer any in-person attorney marketing training sessions?
Yes! Several times a year, Foster Web Marketing holds 2-day educational and training sessions geared toward law offices of all sizes that wish to learn more about successfully marketing their services online. Called the “Foster Web Marketing Academy,” these intensive weekend sessions not only allow you to learn everything you need to know about online lawyer marketing, but also give you the opportunity to meet our team, talk with other attorneys from around the country, and ask questions about your marketing strategy in person.
It is important to understand that these Academy sessions are geared toward motivated, hands-on attorneys who want to actively participate in creating and managing their online marketing strategy – not for attorneys who wish to delegate their marketing needs to others (we have separate services for these lawyers!). While not all of our marketing plans and tips will work for every law firm, we find that every person who attends leaves smarter, more motivated, and ready to implement at least a few big changes.
Does the Foster Web Marketing Academy sound like the right choice for you? Or would you simply like to learn more about the training program? Call us today at 888-886-0939 to get the details, see if it is right for you, and connect with our marketing team.
How can Foster Web Marketing help me learn how to do my own attorney marketing?
At Foster Web Marketing, we believe that education is key to improving your marketing efforts – whether you simply want to understand the process and help with decision making, or whether you want to take control of your law firm marketing strategy completely on your own. We offer our attorneys a number of ways to get the education and training they need to gain knowledge and help themselves succeed.
We offer two official marketing training programs to attorneys and other professionals. The first is a series of two-day seminars in which you learn how to improve your business and get new leads through internet marketing. These training sessions help you understand every aspect of online marketing and how to take control by yourself. For those who cannot attend the seminar in person (or choose not to), we also offer a 10-disc DVD and CD collection that comes with a textbook and work book. This at-home program contains much of the information covered in our seminars.
In addition to these two training program offers, we also have a wealth of information in our online article library and our blog. If you need personalized assistance, our marketing team is also willing and ready to help on a one-on-one level. Just give us a call today at 888-886-0939, and let us know your goals and your needs.
How long should my attorney book or free legal guide be?
Generally, your free lawyer book or legal guide should simply be as long as it needs to be to clearly convey the information that your reader is looking for. Don’t try to draw out a subject unnaturally, and don’t cut out vital information just to make a book shorter. However, you should note that you may wish to call any document shorter than 20 or 30 pages something other than a “book” so that your audience isn’t disappointed by its length. For shorter projects, choose a word like “guide.”
If you are writing a book-length guide—anything over 30 pages or so—make sure that you break up large blocks of text with chapters, subheads, bulleted points, graphics, and pull-out quotes. Even if your book is long, it should be easy on the eyes, easy to flip through, and easy to read out of order.
If you are writing a shorter book—anything under 20 pages or so—be sure to say so when advertising the download on your website so that readers know what they are getting. You may also want to include a general outline or table of contents on the landing page so that readers understand what information is included in the book.
At Foster Web Marketing, we can help you create a book or guide of any length that you can share with potential clients and offer on your lawyer website. Get started today by calling us at 888-886-0939.
How do I write a great conclusion for my attorney book or legal guide?
The conclusion to your legal guide or attorney ebook is especially important because it is the last thing that a person will read before deciding whether or not to call your office and consider your legal services. How do you get your reader to contact you after finishing your book?
The single most important aspect of writing a great conclusion is including a call to action – an invitation for the reader to continue their relationship with you by calling, emailing, or stopping by your office.
At the end of your book, begin by summarizing your points and reviewing the big picture – they have a legal problem, and you are knowledgeable an experienced enough to help them fix the problem. The conclusion is also a good time to let your readers know that every situation is different and that the best course of action is to discuss their legal needs in detail and in person with an attorney. Then offer your contact information in a variety of ways:
- Phone number (toll free, local, or both)
- Email address
- Website address
- Physical address (and directions)
- Facebook page
- Twitter handle
Remember that different readers will have different preferences about how to get into contact with you.
Do you need assistance with writing or editing a book for your attorney website? Call Foster Web Marketing today for help from our legal writers: 888-886-0939.
Won’t search engine optimization just make my attorney website look “spammy?”
Not if you’re doing it right! There’s a common misconception that all search engine optimization services use “black hat” SEO techniques – like keyword lists, keyword stuffing, or paid links – to trick search engines into ranking their sites highly. This is simply not true.
At Foster Web Marketing, we believe that your SEO should never get in the way of a great user experience and that you shouldn’t have to trick search engines – or your readers – into visiting your site. Instead, you should focus on providing an online marketing experience that helps you engage with readers, answer their questions, and encourage them to reach out to you for help. We want search engines and visitors to like your site because it’s actually good and easy to find!
Great Attorney SEO Is All About Enhancing the User Experience
A few years ago, it was possible to manipulate search engine algorithms by stuffing your site with irrelevant keywords or paid links. These days, search engines frown on those activities and, instead, reward sites that provide solid content and please visitors.
When you contact our online attorney marketing team, we’ll start by helping you build a website that looks professional and reflects the personality of your law firm. Once it’s live, we’ll help you maintain an engaging and professional online marketing plan, upload original and relevant online content, get started with social media and video, and adjust to the latest trends and changes in the online marketing world.
If you’d like to learn more about doing SEO right, contact our online attorney marketing team today at 1-888-886-0939!
How can I avoid using outdated SEO tactics in my online attorney marketing?
The rules of online attorney marketing change quickly. If you don’t know much about modern SEO, or if your attorney website is a few years old, you could be engaging in once-helpful tactics that are now actually harmful to your image and rankings. Here are a few guidelines for avoiding outdated or manipulative SEO techniques:
- Stop trying to manipulate search engines. Keyword stuffing, buying links, and blog spamming are a thing of the past. Instead of attempting to manipulate search engine algorithms, search engines now reward you for creating engaging and unique content that naturally attracts visitors.
- Pay attention to major search engine changes. Search engines are always improving, and that means that some perfectly legitimate SEO trends can change literally overnight. Keep up on the news, and be prepared to adjust your marketing strategy as needed.
- Focus on your potential clients. Web users are increasingly savvy, and they won’t stick around for sites using obvious manipulation tactics and junk content. Always try to provide a great user experience and engaging content, which keeps your potential clients (and search engines) happy and never goes out of style.
- Hire an online marketing team to help. Keeping up with your online attorney marketing can be a time-consuming chore, and it’s easy to fall behind the times when you’re busy with clients. Hiring an experienced attorney SEO team means that you can quickly adjust to search engine changes and important new trends while focusing on what you do best – practicing the law and working with clients.
Ready to learn more? Reach out to Foster Web Marketing at 1-888-886-0939, or just fill out the quick contact form on this page for more information!
Why do people leave my site?
While we have many clients who are very satisfied with our attorney website marketing services, we also have had some clients who have been promised things by other individuals or companies looking to gain their business. Two examples of promises that other companies have made that have caused some people to leave Foster Web Marketing include:
- Lower rates – While other companies may be able to offer cheaper rates and lower fees, they may fail to produce the results we can. The saying ‘you get what you pay for’ is applicable here because lower costs may not get you the higher quality product that often requires higher costs. When companies or individuals are charging lower rates, it is most likely because their product isn’t as top notch. Smaller, cheaper companies do not have the number of senior coders, developers, and SEO experts working on your site behind the scenes like we do.
- Page one placement on Google – It takes a lot of work to maintain a website correctly and optimize content precisely to get you on page one of Google. Many of our clients are on page one of Google, and it’s mainly due to the money we have invested in DSS and the behind-the-scenes work to make sure your website is optimized correctly. If you are leaving Foster Web Marketing to save money, you most likely will not get these benefits from a lower-priced company.
Generally, clients who have left Foster Web Marketing have not had great success showing up in search results. To talk with an attorney website marketing expert at Foster Web Marketing for help with your website, call us at 888-886-0939 today.
How do I include a “call to action” in my attorney marketing videos?
You already understand the importance of adding a call to action to your written web content to encourage your readers to reach out to you, but how do you add a great call to action to your web video? This is a great question because, sadly, many businesses forget to add a call to action to their web videos and sometimes leave potential customers hanging, unsure where to go next for help.
Don’t make the same mistake by leaving your potential clients hanging after they’ve watched your relevant and engaging video. Here are a few easy ways you can incorporate a great call to action into your attorney web videos:
- Ask your viewer to call. It seems obvious, but you might be surprised how often it’s overlooked. Consider verbally encouraging your viewer to call or visit your website for more information or a consultation.
- Feature your website and phone number on the screen. Take advantage of the visual medium by placing your phone number and URL on the screen for your viewer to see.
- Add video annotation with a link to your site. Some video sharing sites, like YouTube, allow you to annotate videos with an overlay. Consider adding a link to a relevant landing page on your website or to your online contact form.
If you would like to talk about more ideas for adding an effective call to action to your attorney marketing videos, speak with our online attorney marketing team today. You can reach us at 1-888-886-0939 or by filling out the easy online contact form on this page to learn more.
Should I use Google AdWords or Google AdWords Express?
When it comes to choosing between Google AdWords and Google AdWords Express, one isn’t simply better than the other – in reality, there a few major differences between the two services, each of which comes with its own benefits and drawbacks. Let’s take a closer look:
- Adwords Express is easier to use. Put plainly, AdWords Express is a simpler version of the original program. It takes several manual aspects of from the original AdWords and automates them. For example, AdWords Express chooses your keywords and eliminates the bidding and budgeting process. You can set up an account in just a few minutes and have a pay-per-click campaign running in just a few more.
- AdWords give you more control and power. When you get the gift of ease and simplicity, you pay for it with the loss of management and control. Google AdWords Express does not allow you to experiment with different and innovative keywords or to manage your budget closely based on the success of past campaigns and other research. Although the original program takes significantly more time and effort, you can truly tailor your PPC advertising campaign and be in control of its success.
As you can see, whether you choose the original AdWords tool or the new AdWords Express tool depends upon what you want out of your pay-per-click search engine campaign and what you are willing to put into it. Only you can answer the question.
Do you need help with your attorney online marketing plan, or are you having trouble finding success with pay-per-click advertising? Our marketing team is specially qualified to help. Call Foster Web Marketing today at 888-886-0939.
What is Google AdWords Express?
Launched somewhat recently, Google AdWords Express is a simplified version of Google AdWords that caters to small, local businesses who may not have the time, personnel, or need to invest in a full-blown pay-per-click advertising campaign. While AdWords Express is a great idea for some, it does have a few related drawbacks that all users should be aware of.
The process of using AdWords Express is designed to be fast and simple:
- Create an account and link it to your website or Google+ page.
- Enter your monthly budget.
- Select a business category.
- Allow Google to select keywords and place ads for you, according to your budget.
In traditional AdWords, you would be asked to bid on specific keywords, give more information about your budget, or check in to see how your campaign is doing on a daily basis. Obviously, having Google do much of this work for you automatically has both its pros and its cons – users have less control and less responsibility at the same time.
Do you have questions about Google AdWords – or whether Google AdWords Express might be a palatable option for your law firm marketing plan? We can help you understand your best choice and how pay-per-click advertising might best fit into your online attorney marketing strategy. Call Foster Web Marketing today at 888-886-0939.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.