Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Website Design and Marketing for Attorneys, Doctors, and Other Professionals
Below are some questions many clients have when they first contact Foster Web Marketing about the online marketing world.
The questions below may address many initial concerns you may have. If you don't find your answers here, you should contact us for answers to any questions specific to your firm.
- Page 17
I know that mobile websites are generally preferred for smartphone users, but what about tablet users?
These days, there are lots of ways to access the Web, and it’s important that you are sensitive to the needs of all of the users who find you. You probably already have a traditional website and a mobile attorney website, but do you need to do anything different for tablet and iPad users?
What Makes Tablet Optimization Difficult
The problem with tablet optimization for websites is basically that tablet users’ needs are somewhere in between those of desktop and mobile users. While they are still navigating with their fingers and need simpler design elements like smartphone users, they are more likely to be looking for more detailed information and content like a desktop user.
Much of this is also dependent upon the size of the tablet – ranging from tiny, 5-inch tablets to much larger 10-inch tablets like the iPad. On a small tablet, user needs are closer to the needs of smartphone users; on a large tablet, users may be demanding an experience more like a desktop or laptop user.
So how do you provide a great user experience for the potential clients who find you via tablet? Tablet use is new enough that there are no easy answers yet. Some professionals decide to create a new mobile website for tablet users, and others choose to carefully tweak either their traditional or mobile websites to be tablet friendly.
If you need a hand deciding how to optimize your attorney website for tablet users, give our online attorney marketing experts a call today at 1-888-886-0939. We’d be happy to help you improve the tablet experience on your traditional site and help you build an effective mobile site for both tablet and smartphone users.
How can I build my online credibility with attorney SEO in mind?
Appearing credible to both Google and your potential clients is a key element of effective attorney SEO, but it can be difficult to know where to get started. Here are three easy ways to increase your online credibility and improve your search engine optimization:
- Don’t use “black hat” SEO tactics. Web users these days are getting more savvy—and so is Google’s algorithm. Using underhanded tactics like keyword stuffing, hidden links, useless content, etc., is usually a one-way ticket to wrecking your credibility.
- Use high-quality images and video. Using unrelated, low-quality pictures or putting up a bunch of poorly lit webcam videos could actually hurt your credibility more than having no images at all! Make the extra effort to use high-quality image content for your viewers, and consider using a professional video team to present you as the professional you are.
- Use your content to answer questions. Content carries a lot of weight in attorney SEO, and most of your online readers are looking for answers when they find you. Taking the time to answer common questions and clarify common experiences helps establish you as the authority to turn to with legal issues.
- Pay attention to your links. Although it often goes overlooked, establishing and maintaining relevant links can be a huge boon to your online marketing efforts. Avoid paid links, spammy links, or links to and from low-quality sites so that Google knows you’re a credible site.
Does your attorney website look unprofessional or just need a little love? Reach out to our online attorney marketing team today, and let’s talk about it. Give Foster Web Marketing a call at 888-886-0939, or fill out our easy online contact form for more information.
I don’t understand what to do with all the information I get through Google analytics. Is it really necessary for my attorney SEO?
Analytics are a crucial part of attorney SEO – the data you receive through analytics can tell you how effective your online attorney marketing is, what keywords are working, and where your law firm website could use some work. Used correctly, analytics can be a guiding force in building the kind of online presence that brings in more contacts, more clients, and is truly a benefit for your law firm.
Here are the questions that analytics software can help you answer:
- What keywords are bringing people to my site?
- Where is most of my traffic coming from?
- Are the people who find me finding what they need when they get here?
- What are my most popular pages?
Using analytics, you can fine tune your online marketing plan, know what’s working (and what isn’t), give your potential clients what they’re looking for, and stay on top of the frequent changes to Google’s search algorithm.
Sound pretty good? It is! If you need help making better use of your analytics data, the online attorney marketing team with Foster Web Marketing can help! Speak with us today at 1-888-886-0939, or simply fill out our convenient online contact form for more information.
And, for more great information about beefing up your online marketing, request your FREE copy of our must-read book The 5 Biggest Mistakes 99% of Lawyers Make with Their Websites. This important guide explains more about the most common attorney website pitfalls and how effective use of “white hat” SEO can help you get seen.
Why is web video so important?
The popularity of web video has grown exponentially in the last several years, and it’s a trend that’s likely to remain popular—and even continue to grow—in the future. Here are just a few of the reasons great web video is so important to your online law firm marketing:
- Some people just prefer it. Some users prefer text, and some users prefer video. Using both text and video on your website means you appeal to everyone.
- YouTube helps drive traffic to your site. You can use your web video on your site, and you can also use it on YouTube. YouTube itself is the second biggest search engine in the world, and it’s owned by Google, the number-one search engine. Using YouTube to market your business means more traffic to your site.
- Google sees your site as potentially more relevant. Because you are offering more content in video format, Google takes notice and your rankings can soar.
- Users stick around on your site longer. If you create informative and effective online video for law firms, it’s likely that your audience will stick around on your site longer, making your site look even better to Google.
Need help creating an online video marketing plan for your business? Speak with the experts with Foster Web Marketing today at 888-886-0939, or use our easy online contact form for more information.
Want to learn more about the incredible power of web video? Request your FREE copy of our must read book How to Get Found by the World’s Most Aggressive Internet Users…And NEVER Miss Another Lead.
Why Are Our Competitors Ranking So High?
A lot of factors are behind why one website ranks higher than another. It is more than just a simple answer. In fact, it could be the name, how old the domain is, how long it has been on the web, how much content it has, how relevant that contact is to a search term, what links point to that page, how many links, how valuable are those links, and more.
While there can be a lot of complexity behind why, Foster Web Marketing has the tools to analyze these factors. Also, the tools can be used to specifically see what it is going to take to beat out your competition.
Search engine rankings matter, but there is more to it than just that. It is also important to ask the following questions about what your competitors are doing:
- Are their rankings high for relevant keywords?
- Is your competition answering the specific questions that potential clients have?
- Is your completion ranking well for long-tail search?
The reason that these questions matter is that high search rankings are not all that it takes to accomplish a high conversion rate and to generate quality leads. In fact, just because a site has a high ranking does not mean that it is even generating worthwhile leads.
Contact lawyer website marketing firm Foster Web Marketing today at 888.886.0939 to determine how to become top ranked for your high-impact search terms and to get the competitive edge that you have been looking for.
Why Do I Need a Book or Report?
You need a book or report because it is an important way of generating new leads and interacting with your potential clients.
Every visitor to your website is different and will have a different way of interacting with you and your site. Some will prefer to call you, while others will want to first see what you know. This group of visitors will start by downloading your book, so a book is a great way to generate high-quality leads and is another way to obtain a lead’s contact information.
While many attorneys have books, a way to stand out is by your cover and title. When people visit your website, their eyes will gravitate toward your book because of the design and title. So, it is important to make this high quality. Also, making the book focused and targeted—while at the same time marketing it as being available for free— can allow you to fully leverage this marketing tool.
If you would like help designing and writing your book or report, contact attorney website design firm Foster Web Marketing at 888.886.0939.
Why Isn’t My Attorney AdWords Ad Getting Any Clicks?
It’s important to understand that posting successful Google AdWords ads can be difficult and is often an ongoing practice in trial and error. People who don’t have much experience with pay-per-click advertising might struggle at first to correctly set up an ad, get impressions, get clicks, and see great results.
If you aren’t getting any clicks, or if you’re not getting as many as you expected, begin trouble-shooting by considering the following problems:
- Your ad isn’t showing up. Your ad might not have been approved yet, or it could be disapproved. Your ad also might not be showing up because you have not funded it. To ensure that your ad is being shown, make certain that it is getting impressions by checking your dashboard.
- Your ad copy isn’t effective. Is your ad appropriate for the keywords you have chosen? Did you check the spelling and grammar? Does it address the reader’s needs, questions, and concerns? Are you targeting the correct region and audience?
- Your budget is too low. If you are paying per click, and if Google stops showing your ad when you’ve reached your daily budget, you may be getting a very limited number of clicks each day. It might be obvious, but the more money you put into pay-per-click advertising, the more clicks you will get.
Google AdWords can be a very effective way to get traffic to your attorney website and find visitors who are truly interested in your legal services. However, if you don’t know how to correctly use AdWords, it can be expensive and unsuccessful. At Foster Web Marketing, we can help you set up successful campaigns. Call us today at 888-886-0939 to learn more.
What can a website content writer do for my attorney website?
Because there are many special tactics unique to writing for the Web, many law firms choose to hire an outside company to handle their attorney website content. If you’ve never considered hiring a website content writer, realize that an experienced writer can create content that:
- Informs your reader. A professional writer can produce content that helps answer your potential clients’ questions and addresses common concerns – which is exactly what most users are looking for when they turn to the Web.
- Engages with your reader. The best attorney website writing starts a conversation with potential clients and encourages them to comment and ask questions.
- Promotes your law firm. A skilled writer will produce content that lets your law firm’s personality shine through and makes you look like the expert to turn to for legal help. Including a well-crafted call to action in your website content also encourages users to reach out and contact you.
- Uses the right amount of SEO magic. Good content writers know that SEO tactics need to be incorporated wisely and naturally. Finding the right balance is crucial, and the guidelines change each time Google changes its algorithm – which is a great reason to leave it to the professionals who keep up with every new update.
- Is clear and easy to understand. Ultimately, your potential clients need information that is written in language that makes sense and is easy to understand. A great content writer can avoid complicated legal terms and write with a clear intention.
Creating and maintaining great website content is time consuming, and it’s not unusual to look to the professionals for help. If you need a website content writer, or if you just need help producing better attorney website content, reach out to our experienced online legal marketing team at 1-888-886-0939 or simply fill out our online contact form for more information.
Can I manage my law office’s social networking sites by myself or have someone internal do it?
Far too many marketing companies want you to think that you can’t possibly handle attorney online marketing on your own or that you won’t reap the full benefits of social media marketing unless you have a full-time expert managing your social networking accounts and campaigns. At Foster Web Marketing, we understand that, while outsourcing these tasks is ideal for some law offices, other law offices are may have good reason for managing their social media accounts on their own.
For those who wish to take personal control of sites like Facebook and Twitter – or who wish to have someone in their office handle social media – we offer education and training programs that help you learn what you need to know and allow you to take full advantage of the newest trends, information, and strategies available.
What are the benefits of handling your social networking accounts on your own?
If you educate yourself properly first, you can save money, secure better control over your accounts and strategies, give potential clients a more personal experience, and make certain that your law office is tapped in to the most current and local issues.
What are the downsides of handling your own social networking accounts?
Some attorneys do not like handling this aspect of their online marketing plan because it is time consuming, the best practices are ever-changing, they want to focus on their current clients, and because they simply want to leave it in the hands of the experts.
Do you want to learn about social media marketing so that you can take the reins at your law firm? Or do you want guidance from the experts at Foster Web Marketing? Call us today at 888-886-0939.
What is the Foster Web Marketing Academy?
The Foster Web Marketing Academy is a two-day intensive training program that we hold around the country several times throughout the year. The academy is geared toward attorneys who wish to have an in-depth knowledge of how internet marketing can improve their practice, get better cases, and streamline their overall lawyer marketing strategies.
Limited to small numbers to increase personal attention and free of sales pitches and vendors, the FWM academy is simply about “teaching a man to fish” – giving you or a representative in your office the tools and knowledge to execute a successful online marketing plan for your law office.
Some of the topics include:
- Understanding local online marketing and local SEO
- How to write high-quality and unique lawyer content
- How to break into attorney video marketing
- How to find the keywords that will lead your attorney website to success
- How to develop follow up sequences that work
- How to harness the power of social media marketing
- Understanding mobile device marketing
- How to build organic links that improve SEO
- How to establish yourself as a local legal authority
For those who can’t attend a FWM Academy in person, we offer a comprehensive 10-DVD set, complete with workbook, companion CD, and textbook that cover all of the most important lessons and points from the conferences. Click here to learn more and order your training system.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.