Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Website Design and Marketing for Attorneys, Doctors, and Other Professionals
Below are some questions many clients have when they first contact Foster Web Marketing about the online marketing world.
The questions below may address many initial concerns you may have. If you don't find your answers here, you should contact us for answers to any questions specific to your firm.
- Page 17
Do I need to buy special equipment to get call tracking for my business?
Many people assume that call tracking will involve purchasing and installing hardware for your office or otherwise altering the phones or phone systems. This is simply not the case. Call tracking doesn’t require you to buy or attach any special equipment; the process just consists of pointing different telephone numbers to your office (or to whichever existing phone number you would like, such as your marketing department phone number or even personal, cell, or home phone number).
While you might not notice anything different at the office, our call tracking system will be busy collecting and compiling data at a remote site. You can access this data at any time from any computer with our web-based reporting—including the number of calls you are receiving, when the calls come in, and where the calls are originating from. Because there is no difficult setup, it is easy to add new numbers to track, change the phone numbers that your calls are pointing to, or change the strategy with which you are handling your calls.
Call tracking can be an excellent opportunity to measure the success of your advertising campaigns and to accurately understand their return on investment (ROI). To learn more about how call tracking may be able to help your marketing plan, call Foster Web Marketing today at 888-886-0939.
Should I choose a local number or a toll-free number for call tracking purposes?
There are different advantages and disadvantages to picking a toll-free number for your attorney website and for call tracking purposes—and those advantages depend heavily on your law office and your goals.
If you practice the law across state lines or nationally, a toll-free number may be the right choice for you. A long-distance number sometimes means that clients will hesitate to call; a toll-free number overcomes that resistance. A toll-free number may also lend authority to your law firm. In addition, a toll-free number conveys that you practice law over a wide area and not just locally.
If you are a small, local practice that focuses on helping those in your community, you should choose a local number for call tracking. A local number will be encouraging to those who are also in your area code and may even cut down on out-of-state calls that only take up your time. A local number will also help save on your marketing budget.
Also keep in mind that a growing number of Americans now have mobile phones, smart phones, and cell phones with flat rates and national calling plans. This means that many potential clients won’t hesitate to call a long-distance number, even if they do not live in the area.
In some instances, tracking both local numbers and toll-free numbers may be the right choice. To learn more about call tracking and toll-free number set-up, call Foster Web Marketing today at 888-886-0939 to speak with a marketing expert.
How can I get more people to read my attorney blog?
So you’ve written a few blog posts for your attorney blog, but it doesn’t seem like anyone is showing up to read it. What can you do to bring in more readers? Here are a few easy things you can do to get the word out and share your blog with more potential clients:
- Make sure your blog is accessible from your attorney website. It seems simple, but making your blog accessible from your main website makes it easier for potential clients to get the information they need.
- Apply appropriate SEO techniques. If the search engines can’t find your blog, then it’s unlikely that your potential clients will. Apply SEO techniques to your blog the same way you use SEO for your attorney website content.
- Share it through social media. Use your social media sites, like Facebook or Twitter, to promote your new blog posts and get feedback from your audience.
- Network through other relevant blogs and forums. Consider writing a guest blog on a relevant site or posting helpful information on an appropriate forum. And, of course, tactfully include a link to your blog.
- Promote your blog in your other marketing materials. Promote your blog in your newsletter, mail campaign, or other marketing materials. Consider highlighting a particularly interesting post or a post you feel your clients could particularly benefit from reading.
If you think it sounds like a lot of work to promote your attorney blog, you’re right. But maintaining an informative and engaging blog can go a long way toward bringing in an online audience, reaching potential clients, and convincing those potential clients to pick up the phone and actually call you instead of your competitors. If you need a little assistance writing for the Web, reach out to our experienced online content writers today at 1-888-886-0939 to talk about how better content can help you and your law firm reach more paying customers.
In my online law firm marketing, should I try to go for highly competitive keywords, or should I avoid keywords with a lot of competition?
This is a great question; however, there isn’t a completely clear answer. Although highly competitive keywords can be relevant to your practice and popular for your online audience, you may find it difficult to get the kind of page rankings you’d like to see. For many popular keywords, it can be a struggle to even show up in the first page or two of results! Even if you make it to page one, you may not rank as highly as you could with a slightly less competitive keyword phrase.
The trick to choosing the best keywords for your online website content will probably boil down to using a mix of both highly competitive keywords and more creative and targeted keywords. Spend some time thinking about the kinds of services you offer and the kinds of questions your potential clients are likely to have. Use online keyword research and monitoring tools to determine which keywords are driving clients to you, and use that information to build stronger and more specific keywords for your online content.
The important thing is to regularly review your keywords and decide what’s working for you. Some attorneys find that certain highly competitive keywords are worth the constant struggle for a better ranking, while other attorneys may find that less competitive keywords actually bring in more potential clients who are ready to hire an attorney.
If you need a hand with your online law firm marketing and keyword research, reach out to the experts at Foster Web Marketing today. We’d be happy to help you chose great keywords, incorporate them effectively with your online content, and monitor their effectiveness to hone your marketing focus. Just give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or fill out our easy online contact form for more information.
How do I set a budget for my Google AdWords campaign?
One of the many decisions that you will make when starting a Google AdWords campaign for your law firm is how much you would like to spend daily for your pay-per-click advertising. There are many factors to consider when choosing your daily budget:
- What is my overall marketing budget?
- What portion of my overall budget do I want to dedicate to AdWords?
- Would I have a better outcome investing my marketing money elsewhere?
- How have my Google AdWords campaigns fared in the past, and how is this one the same or different?
- Am I investing in a successful and tested marketing campaign?
If you are unsure of what to set your daily budget at, don’t hesitate to start small and analyze the success of your test run before deciding on your next step. Also know that you can change your daily budget at any time.
To change your daily budget, log into your Google AdWords account, select the campaign that you are interested in altering, and select “Campaign Settings.” On that page, scroll down to “Bidding and Budget” to set your budget.
Would you like more assistance and guidance when it comes to your attorney Google AdWords campaigns? Our lawyer marketing experts are here to help you. Contact our team at Foster Web Marketing today by calling 888-886-0939.
How do I know which keywords to focus on for my online marketing campaign?
Using the right keywords is essential to online marketing for your business, and the success of your search engine optimization efforts often hinge on it. If you’re confused about keywords, it’s definitely worth the time and effort to learn more and seek guidance.
To give you a better idea how to get started, here are a few ways to determine which keywords you should be focusing on:
- Monitor your keywords using available tools. If you already have an online marketing campaign in place, then choosing which keywords to focus on can be as easy as taking advantage of online tools and looking at what’s working.
- Choose keywords that are relevant. Targeting your keywords to your audience is really the key for getting an online audience that actually needs your services. Make sure your keywords are relevant to your practice and what you do.
- Choose keywords that are actually driving traffic to your site. No matter how relevant a keyword is, it’s useless to you unless people are actually using that term to search for and find you.
- If you’re looking for local customers, focus on local keywords. Unless you work on the national or international level, you’re probably looking for clients from your local area. Be sure to incorporate your location in your keywords and focus on targeted potential clients in your area.
Need help with choosing appropriate keywords for your online attorney marketing campaign? Our search engine optimization experts would happy to discuss online marketing for attorneys and what you can do to build a stronger online presence that works for you and your law firm. Just give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or fill out our online contact form for more information.
How Much Does Google AdWords Cost?
The cost of advertising through Google AdWords varies widely and depends on a number of factors. Simply speaking, you can spend as much as you wish to spend on pay-per-click advertising – the important thing is to make sure that your ads are working and that you are getting a good return on your investment.
How much marketing with Google AdWords will cost you depends on:
- Which keywords you are targeting. If no one else would like to display ads for your keyword, it will be inexpensive to buy. Unfortunately, attorney-related and law-related keywords are often expensive, even when compared with other industries and businesses.
- What your maximum budget is. During the process of setting up your ad, you will be asked to pick a daily budget. You can experiment with changing your budget as you continue your AdWords campaign.
- What your maximum bid for a keyword is. How much are you willing to pay for the phrase “Texas medical malpractice lawyer?” Depending on which keywords you bid on, your budget could vary wildly. Keep in mind that not all of the best keywords are the most expensive ones.
Would you like to know more about setting up a successful Google AdWords campaign for your attorney website? We can help you through every step of the process. Call Foster Web Marketing today at 888.886.0939.
Should I set my website videos to play automatically?
When you upload a video to your website through your content management system, or when you add a video to your YouTube channel, you have the option to allow your video to play automatically – without the visitor pressing play. This feature, called autoplay, is a considered a dirty word to some and a marketing secret to others.
While some believe that autoplay is a great way to reach views that might otherwise miss what you have so say, others believe that starting a video without the permission of the visitor could be an annoyance. In the end, it is solely up to you when it comes to autoplaying your videos. Here are some questions that you can ask when considering the autoplay option for your lawyer videos:
- Do my potential clients know how to watch videos online, or would they need a feature like autoplay to encourage them?
- Are my potential clients surfing the Web from work or another venue that might not allow sound or video?
- Do I want to take an aggressive approach to my video marketing by autoplaying my videos?
- Do I think a significant number of visitors would navigate away from my page if a video started playing, or would they just press the stop button?
If you still aren’t sure what to think of the autoplay option for your videos, don’t fear. Call up one of our marketing consultants and speak with someone who can help you figure out what’s best for your wishes and your website. Contact us today at 888-886-0939.
How do I search engine optimize my attorney videos?
By now, we’ve probably drilled the different ways that you can search engine optimize web content deep into your brain. But how can you possibly search engine optimize video? We’ve got those answers, too:
- A great title is key. Because you can’t pad your video with written keywords, every word associated with your video is vital – and that starts with your title. Make sure that your title accurately describes your video, contains geo-specific words, and contains any keywords you are focusing on.
- Consider transcribing your video. Do you have the original script you used to make your video, or do you have a few minutes to transcribe it? Adding a description to your video can boost SEO and cater to web visitors who may prefer reading to watching.
- Tag your video. Again, make sure your tags, like your title, are all relevant, helpful, and filled with great keywords.
- Share your video on your social networking sites. Get great links to your videos by sharing on sites like YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Add a descriptive URL. If your video has its own page on your website, make sure to give it a descriptive URL address – both visitors and search engines will respond positively.
Would you like to create a series of online attorney videos for your law firm website, or do your videos need to be optimized for search engines? Look no further. Foster Web Marketing is here to help. Call our team today at 888.886.0939.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.