Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Website Design and Marketing for Attorneys, Doctors, and Other Professionals
Below are some questions many clients have when they first contact Foster Web Marketing about the online marketing world.
The questions below may address many initial concerns you may have. If you don't find your answers here, you should contact us for answers to any questions specific to your firm.
- Page 18
How do I know which keywords to focus on for my online marketing campaign?
Using the right keywords is essential to online marketing for your business, and the success of your search engine optimization efforts often hinge on it. If you’re confused about keywords, it’s definitely worth the time and effort to learn more and seek guidance.
To give you a better idea how to get started, here are a few ways to determine which keywords you should be focusing on:
- Monitor your keywords using available tools. If you already have an online marketing campaign in place, then choosing which keywords to focus on can be as easy as taking advantage of online tools and looking at what’s working.
- Choose keywords that are relevant. Targeting your keywords to your audience is really the key for getting an online audience that actually needs your services. Make sure your keywords are relevant to your practice and what you do.
- Choose keywords that are actually driving traffic to your site. No matter how relevant a keyword is, it’s useless to you unless people are actually using that term to search for and find you.
- If you’re looking for local customers, focus on local keywords. Unless you work on the national or international level, you’re probably looking for clients from your local area. Be sure to incorporate your location in your keywords and focus on targeted potential clients in your area.
Need help with choosing appropriate keywords for your online attorney marketing campaign? Our search engine optimization experts would happy to discuss online marketing for attorneys and what you can do to build a stronger online presence that works for you and your law firm. Just give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or fill out our online contact form for more information.
How Much Does Google AdWords Cost?
The cost of advertising through Google AdWords varies widely and depends on a number of factors. Simply speaking, you can spend as much as you wish to spend on pay-per-click advertising – the important thing is to make sure that your ads are working and that you are getting a good return on your investment.
How much marketing with Google AdWords will cost you depends on:
- Which keywords you are targeting. If no one else would like to display ads for your keyword, it will be inexpensive to buy. Unfortunately, attorney-related and law-related keywords are often expensive, even when compared with other industries and businesses.
- What your maximum budget is. During the process of setting up your ad, you will be asked to pick a daily budget. You can experiment with changing your budget as you continue your AdWords campaign.
- What your maximum bid for a keyword is. How much are you willing to pay for the phrase “Texas medical malpractice lawyer?” Depending on which keywords you bid on, your budget could vary wildly. Keep in mind that not all of the best keywords are the most expensive ones.
Would you like to know more about setting up a successful Google AdWords campaign for your attorney website? We can help you through every step of the process. Call Foster Web Marketing today at 888.886.0939.
Should I set my website videos to play automatically?
When you upload a video to your website through your content management system, or when you add a video to your YouTube channel, you have the option to allow your video to play automatically – without the visitor pressing play. This feature, called autoplay, is a considered a dirty word to some and a marketing secret to others.
While some believe that autoplay is a great way to reach views that might otherwise miss what you have so say, others believe that starting a video without the permission of the visitor could be an annoyance. In the end, it is solely up to you when it comes to autoplaying your videos. Here are some questions that you can ask when considering the autoplay option for your lawyer videos:
- Do my potential clients know how to watch videos online, or would they need a feature like autoplay to encourage them?
- Are my potential clients surfing the Web from work or another venue that might not allow sound or video?
- Do I want to take an aggressive approach to my video marketing by autoplaying my videos?
- Do I think a significant number of visitors would navigate away from my page if a video started playing, or would they just press the stop button?
If you still aren’t sure what to think of the autoplay option for your videos, don’t fear. Call up one of our marketing consultants and speak with someone who can help you figure out what’s best for your wishes and your website. Contact us today at 888-886-0939.
How do I search engine optimize my attorney videos?
By now, we’ve probably drilled the different ways that you can search engine optimize web content deep into your brain. But how can you possibly search engine optimize video? We’ve got those answers, too:
- A great title is key. Because you can’t pad your video with written keywords, every word associated with your video is vital – and that starts with your title. Make sure that your title accurately describes your video, contains geo-specific words, and contains any keywords you are focusing on.
- Consider transcribing your video. Do you have the original script you used to make your video, or do you have a few minutes to transcribe it? Adding a description to your video can boost SEO and cater to web visitors who may prefer reading to watching.
- Tag your video. Again, make sure your tags, like your title, are all relevant, helpful, and filled with great keywords.
- Share your video on your social networking sites. Get great links to your videos by sharing on sites like YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Add a descriptive URL. If your video has its own page on your website, make sure to give it a descriptive URL address – both visitors and search engines will respond positively.
Would you like to create a series of online attorney videos for your law firm website, or do your videos need to be optimized for search engines? Look no further. Foster Web Marketing is here to help. Call our team today at 888.886.0939.
Is it always a good idea to hire a ghostwriter for an attorney e-book, or is it better to write it myself?
It certainly doesn’t hurt to hire a ghostwriter for an attorney e-book, but we understand that there are many reasons why you might want to try to write it yourself. If you have both the time and inclination, we encourage you to try your hand at writing your own book – especially if you already engage in a lot of online content writing for your law firm’s website.
Here are just a few common reasons you might decide to write your own attorney e-book:
- You practice in a very specific or complicated area of law. You know your practice best, and you can use your book to showcase your expertise in a specific area.
- You enjoy the writing process. Some people just enjoy writing, and the process comes easily to them. If this sounds like you, it may be more rewarding to try writing your own book.
- You prefer to have complete control. If you have a very clear vision of what your book should accomplish and prefer to take the reins, then taking an active hand in the writing process is a great idea.
Book writing doesn’t have to be an all-or-nothing decision, however. With our attorney book-writing services, you can have as much or as little control as you’re comfortable with and still end up with a professional final product. We can even help with the editing and formatting processes when the writing is done!
For more information about hiring a ghostwriter for an attorney e-book, please give us a call at 1-888-886-0939 or fill out our easy online contact form today.
Can I use your attorney book-writing services to help me finish an attorney e-book I’ve already started to write?
At Foster Web Marketing, we understand that writing an e-book to offer on your website can be an overwhelming task. This is especially true for busy lawyers and other professionals who may possess the skills and knowledge to write effectively, but who simply do not have time to complete a polished final product. If you’ve already started writing your book and find yourself unable to finish it, you may want to enlist professional help rather than letting your ideas gather dust. No matter where you are in the writing process, we offer attorney book-writing services to suit your needs.
How Our Online Content Writing Team Can Help You With a Partially Finished Attorney E-Book
- I’ve jotted down some ideas. The online content writing team with Foster Web Marketing would be happy to talk about your ideas and help you narrow down your topics and clarify your goals.
- I have a pretty solid outline. Hiring a ghostwriter to flesh out your ideas can save you a lot of time, especially when you already have a clear idea of what you want.
- I’ve written a few chapters. We’d be happy to take a look at what you’ve written and offer as little or as much as you need to turn it into a finished product.
- It’s actually almost done. We have a team of skilled editors who can polish your manuscript and handle all the final touches. And we can help you format and upload your attorney e-book to share with your potential clients!
If you’d like to learn more about our attorney book-writing services, please give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or fill out our easy online contact form for more information. And, if you’d like to learn more about writing great content for the Web, request your FREE copy of our informative book The Secret to Content That Gets You Cases, Plain and Simple.
What is DSS?
DSS is known as Dynamic Self-Syndication, a content management and SEO tool that Foster Web Marketing created and developed. The purpose of DSS is to help business owners easily control their website by:
- Updating content – Once you learn DSS, it is easy to make fast changes to your site at any given time. If you want to change your headlines or page titles, DSS makes it simple to add keyword-rich titles and update your content within seconds.
- Adding content – You have complete control over your attorney website. This means that you can add content yourself or allow someone helping you with your marketing and SEO efforts to add an article, blog, frequently asked question or video right to your website in a matter of minutes. DSS makes adding page content to your site easy.
- Deleting content or a web page – When there is content on your website that you no longer want or is no longer pertinent, you can delete a website page without penalizing your site in search results. DSS creates a redirect link (directing web traffic to another relevant page on your site). This means that potential clients and search engines won’t see an error message if they land on a page that has been deleted – maintaining the integrity of your website.
This content management software will give you access to every page of your website so you can have complete control over it—adding pages, updating content or even deleting website pages.
For questions about DSS or for help with your attorney online marketing and SEO efforts, call Foster Web Marketing at 888.886.0939.
Why Do I Need Social Media?
You are not alone in asking this question. In fact, many small business owners often ask this same question. If you are trying to grow your business, then it is critical to your success to be involved in social media.
It may surprise you to know that many people turn to social media sites like Facebook and Twitter to find a doctor, chiropractor, personal injury lawyer, accident attorney or referral in their social communities. If your business does not have a Twitter or Facebook page, you will not be found. Thus, you will miss out on business. This is no different than lawyers who advertised on television early on. They got all the cases, while other attorneys who did not embrace new technology ignored the new opportunities to market their business. Do not let this happen to you. Embrace change and become part of the social community to market your business in new ways.
Even the search results page in Google shows you why it is important to be social. Search engine giant Google is highlighting the importance of the social search and has started ranking Google+ at the top of the results to showcases sites that your social community has interacted with. What this means is that Google ranks pages that people like in your social community higher than other results.
Talk to the attorney website marketing experts at Foster Web Marketing today for help with your social media and SEO needs. Call 888.886.0939 today.
How should I follow up with a new website contact?
The entire point of your attorney website and online marketing campaign is to get potential new clients to contact you. But what do you do once the initial contact is made? It’s a fine line to walk between being helpful and being pushy – and between pressuring a person and ignoring their needs. How should you follow up after an initial website contact?
- Send them helpful information. Try not to pitch your business or your benefits over and over again. Instead, show them that you have the knowledge to help their with their legal issue – and that you continue to care about their needs.
- Don’t wait too long. Many people make the mistake of waiting a week or more to follow up with a potential client. During this time, they might have gone elsewhere or forgotten about their conversation with you. You can contact someone the day after an email or phone call without being pushy.
- Don’t follow up with a form email. The potential client will recognize a form letter or a courtesy call. Instead, be sure to talk specifically about their concerns and show that you have thought about their issue during the time between contacts.
Getting contacts is the hard part, but turning contacts into clients is not easy, either. To learn more about successfully marketing your law firm online, from creating an attorney website to keeping clients, call Foster Web Marketing today at 888-886-0939.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.