Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Website Design and Marketing for Attorneys, Doctors, and Other Professionals
Below are some questions many clients have when they first contact Foster Web Marketing about the online marketing world.
The questions below may address many initial concerns you may have. If you don't find your answers here, you should contact us for answers to any questions specific to your firm.
- Page 20
I don’t understand what to do with all the information I get through Google analytics. Is it really necessary for my attorney SEO?
Analytics is a crucial part of attorney SEO – the data you receive through analytics can tell you how effective your online attorney marketing is, what keywords are working, and where your law firm website could use some work. Used correctly, analytics can be a guiding force in building the kind of online presence that brings in more contacts, more clients, and is truly a benefit for your law firm.
Here are the questions that analytics software can help you answer:
- What keywords are bringing people to my site?
- Where is most of my traffic coming from?
- Are the people who find me finding what they need when they get here?
- What are my most popular pages?
Using analytics, you can fine-tune your online marketing plan, know what’s working (and what isn’t), give your potential clients what they’re looking for, and stay on top of the frequent changes to Google’s search algorithm.
Sound pretty good? It is! If you need help making better use of your analytics data, the online attorney marketing team with Foster Web Marketing can help! Speak with us today at 1-888-886-0939, or simply fill out our convenient online contact form for more information.
And, for more great information about beefing up your online marketing, request your FREE copy of our must-read book The 5 Biggest Mistakes 99% of Lawyers Make with Their Websites. This important guide explains more about the most common attorney website pitfalls and how effective use of “white hat” SEO can help you get seen.
Why is web video so important?
The popularity of web video has grown exponentially in the last several years, and it’s a trend that’s likely to remain popular—and even continue to grow—in the future. Here are just a few of the reasons great web video is so important to your online law firm marketing:
- Some people just prefer it. Some users prefer text, and some users prefer video. Using both text and video on your website means you appeal to everyone.
- YouTube helps drive traffic to your site. You can use your web video on your site, and you can also use it on YouTube. YouTube itself is the second biggest search engine in the world, and it’s owned by Google, the number-one search engine. Using YouTube to market your business means more traffic to your site.
- Google sees your site as potentially more relevant. Because you are offering more content in video format, Google takes notice and your rankings can soar.
- Users stick around on your site longer. If you create informative and effective online video for law firms, it’s likely that your audience will stick around on your site longer, making your site look even better to Google.
Need help creating an online video marketing plan for your business? Speak with the experts with Foster Web Marketing today at 888-886-0939, or use our easy online contact form for more information.
Want to learn more about the incredible power of web video? Request your FREE copy of our must read book How to Get Found by the World’s Most Aggressive Internet Users…And NEVER Miss Another Lead.
Why Are Our Competitors Ranking So High?
A lot of factors are behind why one website ranks higher than another. It is more than just a simple answer. In fact, it could be the name, how old the domain is, how long it has been on the web, how much content it has, how relevant that contact is to a search term, what links point to that page, how many links, how valuable are those links, and more.
While there can be a lot of complexity behind why, Foster Web Marketing has the tools to analyze these factors. Also, the tools can be used to specifically see what it is going to take to beat out your competition.
Search engine rankings matter, but there is more to it than just that. It is also important to ask the following questions about what your competitors are doing:
- Are their rankings high for relevant keywords?
- Is your competition answering the specific questions that potential clients have?
- Is your completion ranking well for long-tail search?
The reason that these questions matter is that high search rankings are not all that it takes to accomplish a high conversion rate and to generate quality leads. In fact, just because a site has a high ranking does not mean that it is even generating worthwhile leads.
Contact lawyer website marketing firm Foster Web Marketing today at 888.886.0939 to determine how to become top ranked for your high-impact search terms and to get the competitive edge that you have been looking for.
Why Do I Need a Book or Report?
You need a book or report because it is an important way of generating new leads and interacting with your potential clients.
Every visitor to your website is different and will have a different way of interacting with you and your site. Some will prefer to call you, while others will want to first see what you know. This group of visitors will start by downloading your book, so a book is a great way to generate high-quality leads and is another way to obtain a lead’s contact information.
While many attorneys have books, a way to stand out is by your cover and title. When people visit your website, their eyes will gravitate toward your book because of the design and title. So, it is important to make this high quality. Also, making the book focused and targeted—while at the same time marketing it as being available for free— can allow you to fully leverage this marketing tool.
If you would like help designing and writing your book or report, contact attorney website design firm Foster Web Marketing at 888.886.0939.
Why Isn’t My Attorney AdWords Ad Getting Any Clicks?
It’s important to understand that posting successful Google AdWords ads can be difficult and is often an ongoing practice in trial and error. People who don’t have much experience with pay-per-click advertising might struggle at first to correctly set up an ad, get impressions, get clicks, and see great results.
If you aren’t getting any clicks, or if you’re not getting as many as you expected, begin trouble-shooting by considering the following problems:
- Your ad isn’t showing up. Your ad might not have been approved yet, or it could be disapproved. Your ad also might not be showing up because you have not funded it. To ensure that your ad is being shown, make certain that it is getting impressions by checking your dashboard.
- Your ad copy isn’t effective. Is your ad appropriate for the keywords you have chosen? Did you check the spelling and grammar? Does it address the reader’s needs, questions, and concerns? Are you targeting the correct region and audience?
- Your budget is too low. If you are paying per click, and if Google stops showing your ad when you’ve reached your daily budget, you may be getting a very limited number of clicks each day. It might be obvious, but the more money you put into pay-per-click advertising, the more clicks you will get.
Google AdWords can be a very effective way to get traffic to your attorney website and find visitors who are truly interested in your legal services. However, if you don’t know how to correctly use AdWords, it can be expensive and unsuccessful. At Foster Web Marketing, we can help you set up successful campaigns. Call us today at 888-886-0939 to learn more.
What can a website content writer do for my attorney website?
Because there are many special tactics unique to writing for the Web, many law firms choose to hire an outside company to handle their attorney website content. If you’ve never considered hiring a website content writer, realize that an experienced writer can create content that:
- Informs your reader. A professional writer can produce content that helps answer your potential clients’ questions and addresses common concerns – which is exactly what most users are looking for when they turn to the Web.
- Engages with your reader. The best attorney website writing starts a conversation with potential clients and encourages them to comment and ask questions.
- Promotes your law firm. A skilled writer will produce content that lets your law firm’s personality shine through and makes you look like the expert to turn to for legal help. Including a well-crafted call to action in your website content also encourages users to reach out and contact you.
- Uses the right amount of SEO magic. Good content writers know that SEO tactics need to be incorporated wisely and naturally. Finding the right balance is crucial, and the guidelines change each time Google changes its algorithm – which is a great reason to leave it to the professionals who keep up with every new update.
- Is clear and easy to understand. Ultimately, your potential clients need information that is written in language that makes sense and is easy to understand. A great content writer can avoid complicated legal terms and write with a clear intention.
Creating and maintaining great website content is time consuming, and it’s not unusual to look to the professionals for help. If you need a website content writer, or if you just need help producing better attorney website content, reach out to our experienced online legal marketing team at 1-888-886-0939 or simply fill out our online contact form for more information.
Can I manage my law office’s social networking sites by myself or have someone internal do it?
Far too many marketing companies want you to think that you can’t possibly handle attorney online marketing on your own or that you won’t reap the full benefits of social media marketing unless you have a full-time expert managing your social networking accounts and campaigns. At Foster Web Marketing, we understand that, while outsourcing these tasks is ideal for some law offices, other law offices are may have good reason for managing their social media accounts on their own.
For those who wish to take personal control of sites like Facebook and Twitter – or who wish to have someone in their office handle social media – we offer education and training programs that help you learn what you need to know and allow you to take full advantage of the newest trends, information, and strategies available.
What are the benefits of handling your social networking accounts on your own?
If you educate yourself properly first, you can save money, secure better control over your accounts and strategies, give potential clients a more personal experience, and make certain that your law office is tapped in to the most current and local issues.
What are the downsides of handling your own social networking accounts?
Some attorneys do not like handling this aspect of their online marketing plan because it is time consuming, the best practices are ever-changing, they want to focus on their current clients, and because they simply want to leave it in the hands of the experts.
Do you want to learn about social media marketing so that you can take the reins at your law firm? Or do you want guidance from the experts at Foster Web Marketing? Call us today at 888-886-0939.
What is the Foster Web Marketing Academy?
The Foster Web Marketing Academy is a two-day intensive training program that we hold around the country several times throughout the year. The academy is geared toward attorneys who wish to have an in-depth knowledge of how internet marketing can improve their practice, get better cases, and streamline their overall lawyer marketing strategies.
Limited to small numbers to increase personal attention and free of sales pitches and vendors, the FWM academy is simply about “teaching a man to fish” – giving you or a representative in your office the tools and knowledge to execute a successful online marketing plan for your law office.
Some of the topics include:
- Understanding local online marketing and local SEO
- How to write high-quality and unique lawyer content
- How to break into attorney video marketing
- How to find the keywords that will lead your attorney website to success
- How to develop follow up sequences that work
- How to harness the power of social media marketing
- Understanding mobile device marketing
- How to build organic links that improve SEO
- How to establish yourself as a local legal authority
For those who can’t attend a FWM Academy in person, we offer a comprehensive 10-DVD set, complete with workbook, companion CD, and textbook that cover all of the most important lessons and points from the conferences. Click here to learn more and order your training system.
Should I hire someone to manage our social media accounts?
You may have decided that social media marketing is good for your law office and your attorney website. But you may not have decided who should be in charge of managing your social media accounts and developing a social media marketing plan.
For many attorneys, focusing on their cases and clients comes first, but delegating your social media marketing updates, your online promotions, and your social networking strategy can prove tricky. Giving the job to an intern can mean that your social media marketing strategies lack a long-term goal or big-picture thinking. Handing it to another employee in your office might mean that social networking tasks – like Tweeting news or communicating with potential clients on Facebook – gets put on the back burner.
Some companies, including law firms, choose to outsource their social media marketing. This option comes with benefits and drawbacks. Having someone who is fully invested in looking after your social media marketing plan can make a huge difference in the success of your online marketing strategies, but having someone not intimately connected with your law firm can make interactions less personal and less effective.
Whoever you put in charge of managing your social media accounts, be certain that you have a specific strategy in place and that each of your social networking sites are updated and checked on a daily basis. It can and will make a difference to your law firm.
Do you need more guidance on how to manage your social networking accounts? Call Foster Web Marketing today at 888.886.0939 to talk to one of our team members.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.