Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Website Design and Marketing for Attorneys, Doctors, and Other Professionals
Below are some questions many clients have when they first contact Foster Web Marketing about the online marketing world.
The questions below may address many initial concerns you may have. If you don't find your answers here, you should contact us for answers to any questions specific to your firm.
- Page 20
Why Isn’t My Attorney AdWords Ad Getting Any Clicks?
It’s important to understand that posting successful Google AdWords ads can be difficult and is often an ongoing practice in trial and error. People who don’t have much experience with pay-per-click advertising might struggle at first to correctly set up an ad, get impressions, get clicks, and see great results.
If you aren’t getting any clicks, or if you’re not getting as many as you expected, begin trouble-shooting by considering the following problems:
- Your ad isn’t showing up. Your ad might not have been approved yet, or it could be disapproved. Your ad also might not be showing up because you have not funded it. To ensure that your ad is being shown, make certain that it is getting impressions by checking your dashboard.
- Your ad copy isn’t effective. Is your ad appropriate for the keywords you have chosen? Did you check the spelling and grammar? Does it address the reader’s needs, questions, and concerns? Are you targeting the correct region and audience?
- Your budget is too low. If you are paying per click, and if Google stops showing your ad when you’ve reached your daily budget, you may be getting a very limited number of clicks each day. It might be obvious, but the more money you put into pay-per-click advertising, the more clicks you will get.
Google AdWords can be a very effective way to get traffic to your attorney website and find visitors who are truly interested in your legal services. However, if you don’t know how to correctly use AdWords, it can be expensive and unsuccessful. At Foster Web Marketing, we can help you set up successful campaigns. Call us today at 888-886-0939 to learn more.
What can a website content writer do for my attorney website?
Because there are many special tactics unique to writing for the Web, many law firms choose to hire an outside company to handle their attorney website content. If you’ve never considered hiring a website content writer, realize that an experienced writer can create content that:
- Informs your reader. A professional writer can produce content that helps answer your potential clients’ questions and addresses common concerns – which is exactly what most users are looking for when they turn to the Web.
- Engages with your reader. The best attorney website writing starts a conversation with potential clients and encourages them to comment and ask questions.
- Promotes your law firm. A skilled writer will produce content that lets your law firm’s personality shine through and makes you look like the expert to turn to for legal help. Including a well-crafted call to action in your website content also encourages users to reach out and contact you.
- Uses the right amount of SEO magic. Good content writers know that SEO tactics need to be incorporated wisely and naturally. Finding the right balance is crucial, and the guidelines change each time Google changes its algorithm – which is a great reason to leave it to the professionals who keep up with every new update.
- Is clear and easy to understand. Ultimately, your potential clients need information that is written in language that makes sense and is easy to understand. A great content writer can avoid complicated legal terms and write with a clear intention.
Creating and maintaining great website content is time consuming, and it’s not unusual to look to the professionals for help. If you need a website content writer, or if you just need help producing better attorney website content, reach out to our experienced online legal marketing team at 1-888-886-0939 or simply fill out our online contact form for more information.
Can I manage my law office’s social networking sites by myself or have someone internal do it?
Far too many marketing companies want you to think that you can’t possibly handle attorney online marketing on your own or that you won’t reap the full benefits of social media marketing unless you have a full-time expert managing your social networking accounts and campaigns. At Foster Web Marketing, we understand that, while outsourcing these tasks is ideal for some law offices, other law offices are may have good reason for managing their social media accounts on their own.
For those who wish to take personal control of sites like Facebook and Twitter – or who wish to have someone in their office handle social media – we offer education and training programs that help you learn what you need to know and allow you to take full advantage of the newest trends, information, and strategies available.
What are the benefits of handling your social networking accounts on your own?
If you educate yourself properly first, you can save money, secure better control over your accounts and strategies, give potential clients a more personal experience, and make certain that your law office is tapped in to the most current and local issues.
What are the downsides of handling your own social networking accounts?
Some attorneys do not like handling this aspect of their online marketing plan because it is time consuming, the best practices are ever-changing, they want to focus on their current clients, and because they simply want to leave it in the hands of the experts.
Do you want to learn about social media marketing so that you can take the reins at your law firm? Or do you want guidance from the experts at Foster Web Marketing? Call us today at 888-886-0939.
What is the Foster Web Marketing Academy?
The Foster Web Marketing Academy is a two-day intensive training program that we hold around the country several times throughout the year. The academy is geared toward attorneys who wish to have an in-depth knowledge of how internet marketing can improve their practice, get better cases, and streamline their overall lawyer marketing strategies.
Limited to small numbers to increase personal attention and free of sales pitches and vendors, the FWM academy is simply about “teaching a man to fish” – giving you or a representative in your office the tools and knowledge to execute a successful online marketing plan for your law office.
Some of the topics include:
- Understanding local online marketing and local SEO
- How to write high-quality and unique lawyer content
- How to break into attorney video marketing
- How to find the keywords that will lead your attorney website to success
- How to develop follow up sequences that work
- How to harness the power of social media marketing
- Understanding mobile device marketing
- How to build organic links that improve SEO
- How to establish yourself as a local legal authority
For those who can’t attend a FWM Academy in person, we offer a comprehensive 10-DVD set, complete with workbook, companion CD, and textbook that cover all of the most important lessons and points from the conferences. Click here to learn more and order your training system.
Should I hire someone to manage our social media accounts?
You may have decided that social media marketing is good for your law office and your attorney website. But you may not have decided who should be in charge of managing your social media accounts and developing a social media marketing plan.
For many attorneys, focusing on their cases and clients comes first, but delegating your social media marketing updates, your online promotions, and your social networking strategy can prove tricky. Giving the job to an intern can mean that your social media marketing strategies lack a long-term goal or big-picture thinking. Handing it to another employee in your office might mean that social networking tasks – like Tweeting news or communicating with potential clients on Facebook – gets put on the back burner.
Some companies, including law firms, choose to outsource their social media marketing. This option comes with benefits and drawbacks. Having someone who is fully invested in looking after your social media marketing plan can make a huge difference in the success of your online marketing strategies, but having someone not intimately connected with your law firm can make interactions less personal and less effective.
Whoever you put in charge of managing your social media accounts, be certain that you have a specific strategy in place and that each of your social networking sites are updated and checked on a daily basis. It can and will make a difference to your law firm.
Do you need more guidance on how to manage your social networking accounts? Call Foster Web Marketing today at 888.886.0939 to talk to one of our team members.
Do I need a tablet-friendly and iPad-friendly attorney website?
You’ve probably heard about the skyrocketing number of mobile device users – millions of people are surfing the Web on their smartphones across the country. But have you also heard that more and more people are using tablets like iPads? Experts say that tablet use will only increase in coming years and that tablet users expect a smooth experience on their devices. So do you need to worry about how your website looks on a tablet?
Yes! Unlike mobile devices, tablets do not in most cases require a new attorney website. However, you may need to make small changes to your existing website to make certain that tablet users have a positive experience. You should keep in mind that tablets often have smaller screens and that they lack a physical keyboard and mouse. These issues mean that users often require a simpler layout, larger buttons, and a bigger font when it comes to tablet design.
In addition, tablet users act more like smaller mobile device users: they are more likely to be on the go, they are more likely looking for quick information, and they are less likely to be patient with slow-loading websites.
Do you want to make certain that your law firm website is tablet friendly? Our team of expert designers can help. Call Foster Web Marketing today at 888.886.0939 to learn more.
Should I delete the older content from my attorney website and blog?
There are a range of opinions when it comes to whether you should delete content from your attorney website and blog. There really aren’t any hard and fast rules. However, here are a few basic guidelines to consider before you send your old content to the trash:
- Is the page bringing in a lot of traffic? If you use our DSS system for your lawyer website management, you can easily look at the numbers for any given page. If the page is bringing in a lot of new visitors, it might be worth keeping it and simply updating the information or rewriting the article.
- Have you covered the topic elsewhere on your site? If you have a more current or extensive discussion of the topic elsewhere on your site, then it might be reasonable to say goodbye to the older content.
- Is the information confusing or outdated? This is possibly the best reason to delete old content, but keep in mind that simply updating the information or making it more clear might be a better way to handle it.
- Will deleting the content wreak havoc on your links? Some attorneys choose to start deleting old content and end up wrecking a good part of the work they’ve put into link building. Make sure you take care of any broken links that deleting content might cause—including links to the page from other websites and links from within your own site.
Want to make adding and deleting your attorney website content easier? The online attorney marketing experts at Foster Web Marketing would be happy to talk with you about our DSS system, which will automatically handle content management issues like analytics and broken links. Give us a call today at 888-886-0939 to learn more!
Why should I let someone else manage my attorney website? Can’t I handle it myself?
You can, of course, handle your own lawyer website management—if you have the time. The problem many attorneys run into is that managing an attorney website can be a huge time sink, and it’s not necessarily as easy as it sometimes looks. For example, it may seem simple to delete an old article with outdated information, but that simple change can cause a ripple effect of problems if it’s not handled correctly, which could lead to a drop in your search engine rankings. And this doesn’t even take into account ongoing website management issues like security, broken elements, hosting, and small changes and tweaks.
At Foster Web Marketing, we understand that some people are more comfortable taking the reins when it comes to online attorney marketing. That’s why we try to make it as easy as possible for you—whether you’re the type who wants to do it all or the type who would rather have someone else handle it. Our powerful Dynamic Self-Syndication (DSS) system makes it easy to manage your lawyer website, and it puts all of your management tools in one place.
The best part is that you can take advantage of DSS and still have the full support of our SEO experts and development team if you run into trouble or decide that your lawyer website management is too much work to handle alone. At Foster Web Marketing, we are happy to tailor our services to your needs and help you make the most of your online attorney marketing.
Want to learn more? Give us a call today at 888-886-0939, or fill out our convenient online contact form for more information!
What features should a great attorney mobile website have?
A mobile website is different from a traditional website for a number of reasons: it is largely used by people on the go, it is largely used for local searches, and it is used on much smaller screens than traditional laptops and desktops. For these reasons, the design of a mobile website needs to be different than that of your regular attorney website:
- Easily accessible contact information. Many mobile web users are looking for information quickly, such as phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, and directions.
- Quickly loading pages. Studies have shown that mobile users quickly navigate away from pages that don’t load within a few seconds.
- Simple layout. Simplicity is good for all websites, but it is absolutely vital for mobile websites. Make sure your site doesn’t require horizontal scrolling, and make sure that your users aren’t overwhelmed by too much content, too many images, or other bells and whistles.
- Social media links. People often use their phones to be active on social networking websites like Facebook and Twitter. Be sure that they can access your social media pages and follow you from your mobile website.
- A chance to view your full site. In some cases, a user may want to visit your traditional homepage from their mobile device. For those people, make sure there is a well-placed button that offers that option.
Ready to design your law office mobile website? We can help. Call Foster Web Marketing’s mobile web design team today at 888.886.0939.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.