Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Website Design and Marketing for Attorneys, Doctors, and Other Professionals
Below are some questions many clients have when they first contact Foster Web Marketing about the online marketing world.
The questions below may address many initial concerns you may have. If you don't find your answers here, you should contact us for answers to any questions specific to your firm.
- Page 21
Should I delete the older content from my attorney website and blog?
There are a range of opinions when it comes to whether you should delete content from your attorney website and blog. There really aren’t any hard and fast rules. However, here are a few basic guidelines to consider before you send your old content to the trash:
- Is the page bringing in a lot of traffic? If you use our DSS system for your lawyer website management, you can easily look at the numbers for any given page. If the page is bringing in a lot of new visitors, it might be worth keeping it and simply updating the information or rewriting the article.
- Have you covered the topic elsewhere on your site? If you have a more current or extensive discussion of the topic elsewhere on your site, then it might be reasonable to say goodbye to the older content.
- Is the information confusing or outdated? This is possibly the best reason to delete old content, but keep in mind that simply updating the information or making it more clear might be a better way to handle it.
- Will deleting the content wreak havoc on your links? Some attorneys choose to start deleting old content and end up wrecking a good part of the work they’ve put into link building. Make sure you take care of any broken links that deleting content might cause—including links to the page from other websites and links from within your own site.
Want to make adding and deleting your attorney website content easier? The online attorney marketing experts at Foster Web Marketing would be happy to talk with you about our DSS system, which will automatically handle content management issues like analytics and broken links. Give us a call today at 888-886-0939 to learn more!
Why should I let someone else manage my attorney website? Can’t I handle it myself?
You can, of course, handle your own lawyer website management—if you have the time. The problem many attorneys run into is that managing an attorney website can be a huge time sink, and it’s not necessarily as easy as it sometimes looks. For example, it may seem simple to delete an old article with outdated information, but that simple change can cause a ripple effect of problems if it’s not handled correctly, which could lead to a drop in your search engine rankings. And this doesn’t even take into account ongoing website management issues like security, broken elements, hosting, and small changes and tweaks.
At Foster Web Marketing, we understand that some people are more comfortable taking the reins when it comes to online attorney marketing. That’s why we try to make it as easy as possible for you—whether you’re the type who wants to do it all or the type who would rather have someone else handle it. Our powerful Dynamic Self-Syndication (DSS) system makes it easy to manage your lawyer website, and it puts all of your management tools in one place.
The best part is that you can take advantage of DSS and still have the full support of our SEO experts and development team if you run into trouble or decide that your lawyer website management is too much work to handle alone. At Foster Web Marketing, we are happy to tailor our services to your needs and help you make the most of your online attorney marketing.
Want to learn more? Give us a call today at 888-886-0939, or fill out our convenient online contact form for more information!
What features should a great attorney mobile website have?
A mobile website is different from a traditional website for a number of reasons: it is largely used by people on the go, it is largely used for local searches, and it is used on much smaller screens than traditional laptops and desktops. For these reasons, the design of a mobile website needs to be different than that of your regular attorney website:
- Easily accessible contact information. Many mobile web users are looking for information quickly, such as phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, and directions.
- Quickly loading pages. Studies have shown that mobile users quickly navigate away from pages that don’t load within a few seconds.
- Simple layout. Simplicity is good for all websites, but it is absolutely vital for mobile websites. Make sure your site doesn’t require horizontal scrolling, and make sure that your users aren’t overwhelmed by too much content, too many images, or other bells and whistles.
- Social media links. People often use their phones to be active on social networking websites like Facebook and Twitter. Be sure that they can access your social media pages and follow you from your mobile website.
- A chance to view your full site. In some cases, a user may want to visit your traditional homepage from their mobile device. For those people, make sure there is a well-placed button that offers that option.
Ready to design your law office mobile website? We can help. Call Foster Web Marketing’s mobile web design team today at 888.886.0939.
Will my version of DSS work with my redesign?
Everyone who uses DSS is using the same version. However, what makes DSS unique and different is what happens behind the scenes. DSS is designed to have different functionality for different users, allowing each user to maximize their online marketing efforts.
When a website is redesigned, the functionality of DSS does not change. The redesign is just the skin over your website’s content. Foster Web Marketing changes this appearance to keep up to date with the current online trends.
As an example, Foster Web Marketing has redesigned its website five times. With DSS, this can be done without changing the backend coding, but only the appearance of the website.
When going from a version 1 site to a version 2 site, the backend of your website stays the same. This effectively keeps all of your marketing work in place and only changes the appearance of your website. As new features are rolled out, you can take full advantage of them.
Contact online attorney marketing firm Foster Web Marketing to learn more about our industry leading DSS platform and how it can be incorporated into your company’s website by calling 888.886.0939.
I have a little bit of experience with html and personal websites. Is there any real benefit to working with an attorney website design team if I can do it myself?
It depends. Building a website for your business is a lot different than building a personal website, and there are many considerations you need to keep in mind for your attorney website design. Here are just a few of the major considerations that make a business website different than a personal website:
- Search engine optimization. If you want your law firm website to be worth your time and money, then it needs to be findable. Using appropriate SEO tactics and staying up-to-date on Google’s changes can mean the difference between bringing in more cases and getting lost in the crowd.
- A professional feel that makes you look like an expert. With a business website, your potential clients will expect a more professional look and feel than you may be used to with your personal website. Any broken code, low-quality images, grammatical errors, etc. will only serve to make you look less professional and send your web visitors running.
- Directing clients to appropriate information. Although your visitors may be willing to dig through confusing menus to find what they need on your personal website, your potential clients won’t take the time to go digging on your business website. If they can’t find what they need within a click or two, then they’re likely to go look elsewhere.
Need help building an effective Web presence for your law firm? Speak with our attorney website design experts today at 1-888-886-0939, or fill our easy online contact form for more information!
How Can I Promote My Attorney YouTube Channel?
If you’ve made a number of attorney videos, edited them, and posted them on your law office’s YouTube channel, then you are already on your way to finding success through online video marketing. However, there are a number of things that you can do to promote your YouTube channel and promote your videos.
First and foremost, make sure your videos have SEO titles, keywords, and annotations. A great number of people find videos through search engines, so having keyword-rich titles and descriptions is key to getting new, unique visitors who are actively seeking legal information. Second, be sure to share your videos on your website, your blog, and your social media outlets, so that all of your readers have a chance to see your video, repost it themselves, and read about it. Third, be sure to stay active on YouTube by leaving interesting, knowledgeable comments on other people’s similar videos or even making response videos.
If you consistently promote your videos in the three ways mentioned above, you should see an increase in your video views and your YouTube channel subscribers. If you still need assistance with your lawyer videos or lawyer video marketing, give Foster Web Marketing a call today at 888.886.0939.
How Can I Get More YouTube Subscribers?
Building a successful YouTube channel can help establish your law office as an authority in your area, increase your video views, and ultimately get you more cases and better cases. Part of building a successful YouTube channel is getting regular subscribers – but how do you achieve that?
Here are some quick tips:
- Put a clickable subscribe button in your attorney videos.
- Search engine optimize your title and description.
- Become active in the YouTube community.
- Link to your YouTube channel and videos from your website.
- Link to your YouTube channel and videos from your social media accounts.
- Subscribe to relevant YouTube channels in your industry.
- Create a network of relevant YouTube friends.
- Create a video that is an overview of your YouTube channel and law firm.
- Post new material consistently.
- Create calls to action that encourage people to subscribe to your channel.
- Add a YouTube subscribe widget to your blog and website.
- Ask your followers on other social networks (Facebook, Twitter) to subscribe.
- Make your videos and your YouTube channel unique – offer content that no one else does.
- Make sure your videos are always helpful, short, and relevant.
- Make sure the quality of your videos is high!
Need more assistance with your online marketing or attorney videos? Call Foster Web Marketing today at 888.886.0939.
How much should I prepare before I meet with your attorney ghostwriting team?
Although we’re happy to work with you at any stage of the attorney book writing process, there are a few pieces of information that will help us get started more quickly. Before your meeting, think about your answers to these questions:
- Do I want to create a single book or a series of books?
- Do I know what I want the book to be about, or do I need help coming up with ideas?
- Do I have a timeline in mind for publication?
- Do I want the tone of my book to come across as friendly, caring, aggressive, or formal?
- Do I already have some resources or written content I’d like to incorporate?
Jot down your answers to these questions and any additional concerns you may have, and be ready to talk about it with our attorney ghostwriting team. We’ll help you clarify and expand your ideas and set you up with a professional writer who can make those ideas a reality.
Need more writing help? For more information about creating great content for your potential clients, take a look at our own FREE book for attorneys, The Secret to Content that Gets You Cases, Plain and Simple. This important resource will help you write better content for your online audience and really reach out to your potential clients.
And, as always, if you need a hand with any part of book writing for lawyers, give our attorney ghostwriting team a call at 1-888-886-0939 or use our quick online contact form.
I want to offer a free attorney e-book on my site, but I have no idea what to write about. Do I have to have a clear idea before I take advantage of your book writing for lawyers service?
Offering a free e-book on your law firm’s website is a great way to build trust with potential clients and promote your services, but we understand how hard it can be to come up with ideas. At Foster Web Marketing, we’d be happy to help you brainstorm from scratch or look over ideas you’ve jotted down. Then, we can work together to create a book that will be a great resource for your potential clients and make you look like an expert in your field.
If you’re new to book writing for lawyers, take a few minutes to think about what kind of information you’d like to share and the message you want to convey. Here are some ideas to get you thinking:
- Walk readers through a common legal process in your practice area. For example, you might give a timeline and more information about how a personal injury case proceeds or talk about the steps in bankruptcy and loan modification.
- Expand upon current news and events. Have there been recent changes to the law in your practice area? Has a case related to your practice area had a lot of media coverage? Write a book that explains or expands upon popular subjects in words your readers can understand.
- Help your readers handle a crisis and make the legal process easier. For example, a personal injury lawyer might write a book about what to do at the scene of an accident, or a criminal defense lawyer might want to write about what you should do if your loved one is arrested.
If you need a hand creating an attorney e-book for your law firm’s website, feel free to give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939 or fill out our easy online contact form. We have a team of attorney ghostwriting experts ready to talk to you about book writing for lawyers and support you through the process of becoming a published author in your field.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.