Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Website Design and Marketing for Attorneys, Doctors, and Other Professionals
Below are some questions many clients have when they first contact Foster Web Marketing about the online marketing world.
The questions below may address many initial concerns you may have. If you don't find your answers here, you should contact us for answers to any questions specific to your firm.
- Page 24
Does My Website Need Facebook's "Like" and Twitter's "Tweet" Buttons?
The short answer is YES, but you may wonder why you really need social media sharing buttons on your website. Each time a web visitor clicks the "Like," "Tweet," or "+1" button, it is a natural, organic way of saying "Hey this is good stuff!" Facebook, Twitter, and search engines try to use this data to rank you in search engines and provide accurate ads for you on their sites.
In addition to data gathering, people trust their friends and followers on social media sites. When you share an article or blog post on a social network, it has a chance to be seen by thousands of people. It automatically creates a link back to your site that could be followed by any friend or follower of the person that "liked" it. Social media is proven to drive targeted traffic to websites that integrate on every page of their site.
It's very easy to add sharing buttons to your website. Just go to AddThis.com and sign up for an account. They will walk you through the very simple process of getting Facebook, Twitter, and Google +1 buttons on your site. If you are Foster Web Marketing client, you already have them! For more information on social media, get a free copy of our book Secrets of Social Marketing for Attorneys Revealed: Mission 101.
When sharing my personal information on the internet, how much is too much?
It doesn't matter whether you're posting comments on your personal or professional social media pages when it comes to sharing too much information. Just be sure that there's nothing that would deter possible prospects coming to the door of your legal firm. In fact, think of all posts as communication that directly affects your legal web marketing and your practice, and you'll be just fine.
Ask yourself these questions when posting information on Facebook, Twitter, or other legal web marketing outlets:
- Is your post friendly, interesting, and professional? Remember that social media is a place to let your hair down while still attracting potential clients.
- Would you feel comfortable directing clients or even your mother or father to your posts?
- Are you cognizant that the information you post online today will be available for a very, very long time, even if you try to remove it? The online risk protection company Symantec calls this phenomenon a "digital tattoo."
- Have you checked your privacy settings recently? Do it often, as the settings morph without warning.
If you feel like your web marketing strategy needs a boost, give the internet marketing experts with Foster Web Marketing a call for a consultation at 888-886-0939. Also, be sure to take a look at our book Explode Your Practice through Internet Marketing.
How Can Lawyers Increase Their Client Conversion Rate?
More cases are the point of the game, right? The whole reason you want an attorney website is to bring more cases to your firm. We started with that in mind and worked backwards to create a system that makes it as easy as possible for our clients to rank high in search results, get more website traffic, and ultimately get more cases.
How do lawyers use a website to increase the number of web visitors and convert them into real cases?
It all starts with content. You need to provide free information to anyone who is searching for it. This means blog posts, articles, news pieces, and especially video. Video is proven to keep web visitors on your site longer and convert more clients than text content. There is no such thing as too much content as long as it's interesting and helpful. Additionally, you need to make sure there is a "call to action" on every page of your website. Don't leave an interested visitor without direction. Capture their contact information by offering them a free book or report and continue to market to them.
Here is an important thing to consider about conversion rates: some of the most successful lawyers have the lowest conversion rates. How can that be? Because they have marketed themselves so well that they can no longer take on the number of cases they are presented with. Once you reach this point, you can raise your rates and won't need as many cases.
For more information, contact us online or give us a call at 888-886-0939.
Are There Apps to Help Boost My Productivity?
There are many different apps available for Android and iOS-based smartphones that can boost your productivity by offering easier ways to accomplish your daily tasks. These productivity apps also provide great opportunities for legal web marketers to cater to the ever-increasing number of smartphone users.
Here is a list of the 4 most popular free productivity apps that offer an easy-to-use user interface, but handle some complex tasks as well:
- Wunderlist specializes in organizing your tasks, and it makes it easy to share them with others so you don't have to waste time trying to keep track of who needs to be reminded of what. Once you set up an account with Wunderlist, you can sync your smartphone and other devices through their cloud-based system. When you make changes or create new a new task, it is uploaded automatically. It can even send you emails about upcoming tasks.
- Evernote is an app which helps you create notes, organize them, and share them with all of your other devices. You can take notes, capture photos, create lists, record voice notes, and have all of these available to you on any device with Evernote installed. For example, if you have Evernote on both your smartphone and home computer, you can save your research with Evernote at your home computer and access it with your smartphone or vice versa. The key here is the cross-platform compatibility that it offers.
- Dropbox is another powerful app for storing your files and images. Like Evernote, Dropbox provides access on various devices. As the name suggests, you simply drop any file into its special folders and it'll be automatically uploaded to the Dropbox servers (they offer free 2GB storage) and downloaded to your other devices with Dropbox installed.
- Google Drive is by far the most popular of the four and may be the most useful as well. Google Drive is essentially the Microsoft Word of the internet, but free (until you hit your storage limit). It also works in tandem with google hangouts, as you might imagine, which is another impressive productivity booster. Drive has become a near-universal tool across the corporate industry. Definitely take a look at this option when considering productivity boosters.
By keeping up to date on the latest apps for smartphones, you are ensuring that your own web marketing strategies are up to date as well. If you've been wondering how your web marketing campaign stacks up against your competition, give us a call for a consultation at 888-886-0939. Don't forget to download a copy of our book "The 5 Biggest Mistakes 99% Of Lawyers Make with Their Websites."
Can I Track My Direct Mail Campaign In Google Analytics?
Using the resources available from Google Analytics, you can pretty much track any of your legal web marketing efforts. In regards to direct mail, you can place a Quick Response (QR) code in your mailings, which is a special barcode that can be scanned with smartphones and other barcode readers. When the recipient scans your QR code, the data can be sent to Google Analytics for your analysis. A good way to get the consumer to scan your QR code is to tie in a promotional offer along with it.
Another method is to create an alternative, promotional web page on your site, and use Google Analytics to embed a tracking code on the page. This will track promotional traffic referred by the direct mailings. Be sure to place the promotional URL in the mailings! Adding both the QR code and promotional URL gives you a good chance of tracking the results. You also want to make sure you are adding parameters to the URLs that you create.
Tracking direct mail and other offline marketing campaigns can save you money and time. And, if you're already using Google Analytics for tracking your online marketing, you can view your offline results with the same account.
If you're not using Google Analytics and you'd like to, or if you want to have a professional look over your web marketing campaign, give us a call today at 888-886-0939. Foster Web Marketing has been incorporated since 1998, and our mission has always been to provide attorneys with all of their web marketing needs. Also, don't forget to download a copy of our book The 5 Biggest Mistakes 99% of Lawyers Make with Their Websites and learn how to avoid these mistakes yourself.
Can You Offer Any Suggestions for Attracting Fans to My Facebook Business Page?
If you've been sitting there hoping that your Facebook's business page will generate fans on its own, you'll most likely be sitting there for a while. You must be proactive, just as you would with any other aspect of your attorney marketing campaign.
Here are some suggestions for you to try:
- There are a number of Facebook social plugins offered, and one of the best is the "Like Button" plugin. Facebook describes this plugin as allowing users to "...share pages from your site back to their Facebook profile with one click." You can put this plugin directly on your website, and visitors can "like" you directly from your website.
- If you haven't done so already, invite your email subscribers and/or clients who have provided you with an email address. It's a great idea to get email addresses from current and potential clients each and every time.
- Add a link to your email signature on your Facebook page.
- Be creative with your landing tab - give the visitor a reason to "like" you. Entice them with unique information.
- Include videos on your Facebook page. This is important since Facebook's video feature allows you to embed a "like" link within the video for viewers to click while they're watching! You can also take the source code for the video and embed it on your website.
- Set up a display at your office advertising your Facebook page and the special contents it offers.
Remember that your social media marketing campaign will always require tweaking from time to time. This isn't a bad thing, as a new strategy can work for your benefit if you allow it to. If you feel that your current web campaign needs a boost or if you're thinking about getting started, give our experts a call for a consultation at 888-886-0939. Be sure to take a look at our book How Really Smart Lawyers Are Using Video on the Web to Get More Cases.
Can I monitor the traffic to my mobile site?
You can monitor traffic to your mobile website for your law firm using the free service Google Analytics (GA). If you're familiar with GA, you already know that it's a great tool for tracking traffic and can help you tweak your legal web marketing campaign.
With so many smartphones in use today, many sites are offering a mobile version of their website. Using Google Analytics, you're able to see how many people have visited the mobile version of your site. It also gives you data on the type of smartphone the visitor used, including details on the operating system, such as Android or iOS.
This information isn't difficult to access, especially if you've been using GA. Once you're logged in, just click on “view reports.” It’ll display the report right away or, if you have more than one account, you can select the one you want. From here, click the “visitors” tab on the left part of the screen, then “mobile,” and finally “devices” – this should display the traffic for your mobile site.
You can take a look at a variety of data, which GA has gathered on your behalf, such as which smartphones were used and the number of mobile visitors. In addition to the basic data, you can also view more specific information regarding your visitors. If you browse around the page, you will see that there are various arrows and drop boxes available for you to click on. This shows you in-depth information about how visitors got there, where they are from, and what they looked at.
If you'd like to get more information on how to generate traffic to your website, give us a call for a consultation at 888-886-0939. Also be sure to download a copy of our report “The 5 Biggest Mistakes 99% of Lawyers Make with Their Websites.”
I have decided to open a solo practice. How should I market myself when I am operating on a small law firm budget?
The Internet should be at the center of your marketing campaign. Most people use the internet as a primary resource when looking for local service providers, including law firms. Smartphones, tablets and other devices are making it easier for consumers to access the information they need on the fly. Therefore, the Internet needs to be where you are focusing the majority of your efforts.
In our article, How Do You Market a New Practice Area or Law Firm?, we talk about the three main areas that should be included in any attorney Web marketing campaign – social media, online video and your own website. For instance, you need to spend time on social media sites, such as Twitter and Facebook, since it gives you the opportunity to interact directly with your target market. If social media is a new concept for you or if you haven’t used it yet to market your law practice, you should order a copy of our book, Secrets of Social Media for Attorneys Revealed.
Search engines also give a lot of weight to videos and reward them with top positions in search results. Make sure that you are producing video clips that are optimized to attract search engines and your potential clients.
Of course, you should never ignore the significance of new and relevant content. By adding blog posts, articles, frequently asked questions and other content pieces to your website on a regular basis, you are placing yourself in a position of authority. People will view you as an expert and the search engines will look at you as a trusted source of information.
To learn more about how you can create an effective Internet marketing campaign, contact us today at 888.886.0939.
I have a personal injury law firm. What kind of mobile application should I create?
Mobile applications are the hottest marketing trend. Both big and small businesses have realized the huge potential of the mobile market and have already jumped on the opportunity to reach new clients.
As a personal injury attorney, you have many options when it comes to mobile applications. You might choose to create an app that allows accident victims to store important information, like their medical bills, pictures of the accident scene and telephone numbers of witnesses. Your mobile application could also include helpful resources for those who have been injured.
There are numerous options when it comes to developing a mobile application, which is one of the reasons that this marketing tool is so great.
For additional mobile application ideas or to find out how to get the process started, contact one of our attorney Web marketing experts at 888-886-0939.
You can learn more about the benefits of mobile applications by reading our article, Every Attorney Should Have a Mobile Application - Here are 5 Reasons Why.
Make sure you order a FREE copy of the report, The 5 Biggest Mistakes 99% of Lawyers Make With Their Websites. This report is a must-read for any attorney who wants to create a powerful Web presence.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.