Let’s Get Technical! All of Your Most Pressing Website Management System Questions Answered
I can think of many subjects more interesting than website management software, but I can’t think of any more important! Proper management of your website can literally make or break your business. Because of this we created an in-depth cache of FAQs. Our goal is to educate you on even the most technical aspects of website maintenance. Dig through these answers, learn something new, and of course feel free to call us up or chat live on this page if you have any further questions.
- Page 1
How can your attorney website content management system help me locate and fix underperforming landing pages?
At Foster Web Marketing, we understand how important it is to keep an eye on the analytics data for your site. After all, your online marketing efforts are just a gamble if you don’t know what you’re doing well and how you could improve. While some content management systems make you look elsewhere for clear analytics data, our Dynamic Self-Syndication™ (DSS™) system features key analytics data for every page on your site.
Locating Problem Pages with DSS™
With DSS™, it’s easy to see which pages aren’t performing well. Each time you log in, you’ll be able to quickly access the bounce rate, number of visits, time spent on page, and more. You’ll immediately be able to determine which pages need attention and which pages are creating a positive buzz among your visitors.
Fixing Unpopular Pages is Easy with DSS™
Beyond having analytics data at your fingertips, our content management system makes it easy to edit, update, or delete poorly performing content. You can easily search for a page, use the built-in text editor to make changes, and add videos, pictures, free offers, and links to make the page more appealing. And the best part is that you can make as many changes as you want while your main website stays live!
If you’d like to learn more about our all-in-one Dynamic Self-Syndication™ (DSS™) attorney website content management solution, reach out to the friendly team at Foster Web Marketing today. Just give us a call at 1-888-886-0939, or fill out the online contact form on this page to get started today!
Why does my attorney website content management system matter so much?
The content management system you use to maintain your attorney website is a key behind-the-scenes player in making your site a success. Your content management system is what allows you to make needed changes and updates to ensure that your website is working for you as online marketing trends and client needs change. If you choose the wrong content management solution, you may find that it’s difficult to use your website to its full effect, especially over time.
Not Every Website Content Management System Is the Same
Your content management system shouldn’t be a barrier to maintaining a great website. With the right content management system, you should be able to easily and quickly:
- Update your website with new articles
- Access and update your website’s internal blog
- Add video content and free offers
- Allow other representatives from your law office to make updates and changes
- Reorganize and delete old content
- Edit existing content
- Update and make minor changes without downtime
- Search for and locate pages that aren’t performing well
If you are looking for an all-in-one attorney website content management solution, try out our easy-to-use Dynamic Self-Syndication (DSS) system. It’s a benefit available to all of our Foster Web Marketing clients, and we’d be happy to show you and your office how to use it to maintain your attorney website. Give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or get started by filling out the easy online contact form on this page!
Do I have to take my attorney website down in order to update it or perform maintenance?
Whenever possible, it is best to avoid taking your website offline. When your website is down, potential clients who find you are likely to be frustrated—and they’re also unlikely to come back later when your site is available again. Additionally, frequent downtime could end up hurting your Google rankings.
However, we all know that keeping your site properly maintained and updated is one of the keys to ranking highly with Google and other search engines. So what happens if you need to add an update or perform some kind of offline maintenance? For the most part, you should be able to prepare your updates ahead of time and update your site without ever taking it down—it all depends on how your attorney website is handled.
If your attorney website is with Foster Web Marketing, then you have access to our powerful Dynamic Self-Syndication™ (DSS™), which lets you update your website at any time—without any downtime for your visitors! You (or anyone in your office) can change your practice pages, add new practice pages, delete pages, update your blog, or add an article, even during your heaviest traffic times.
If, for some reason, you must take your website down for maintenance, keep in mind that it is best to do this during low-traffic times and keep the downtime as short as possible.
If you’d like more information about maintaining your attorney website or adding new content with our Dynamic Self-Syndication™ (DSS™) system, please give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or simply fill out the convenient online contact form on this page. Our talented online attorney marketing team would be happy to answer your questions and talk about solutions that will bring you more online contacts and clients.
What kind of attorney website maintenance tasks can Foster Web Marketing help me with?
At Foster Web Marketing, we can be as involved—or uninvolved—in your attorney website maintenance as you are comfortable with. Here are just a few of the services we can offer to help you maintain a law firm website:
- Access to our Dynamic Self-Syndication™ (DSS™) system. DSS™ allows you to take control of your attorney website, and it makes many maintenance tasks a breeze. Add pages, delete pages, add blog posts, and edit pages all from the same place—without website downtime.
- Website content writing services. Our team of content writers can provide great copy for your website, and we can even create and post new and relevant content on a continuing basis!
- Performance data and analytics. We can show you how to find the information yourself, or we can keep an eye on where your site is doing well and where it could use a little help.
- Keyword research and SEO review. Our attorney SEO team will look into the most effective keywords for your practice areas, and we’ll keep tabs on how they perform. Additionally, we’ll tell you about (and incorporate) the latest changes to the SEO game and how to adjust in response.
- Help with link building and link maintenance. We can cultivate a great garden of links for your website using “white hat” techniques and keeping SEO in mind.
To learn more about creating an attorney website maintenance plan, or to find out more about our online marketing solutions, please reach out to the team at Foster Web Marketing today at 1-888-886-0939, or simply fill out the convenient online contact form on this page to learn more.
How many people can help me manage my attorney website though DSS?
When you use our Dynamic Self-Syndication™ (DSS™) system, you have the power to add and edit content on your attorney website as you see fit. Many of our users also wish to set up DSS accounts for other people who will be helping them manage their websites. Unlike many other content management services, Foster Web Marketing allows our clients to create unlimited DSS accounts so that everyone on their team can log into the system and add or edit content.
In the past, our clients have created accounts for:
- Other partners or attorneys at a firm
- Other staff members at a firm
- A marketing manager or marketing assistant
- Independent content writers (even if it's not someone from our company!)
- An SEO expert or consultant (even if it's not someone from our company!)
In addition, we are always happy to train any of the above people to use DSS successfully – and we will gladly conduct more training sessions each time you hire someone new. Everyone at your law office with an account can add content, ask questions in the DSS forum, or call us for assistance.
Does DSS sound like a content management system that could be right for your attorney website and law office? Give us a call at 1-888-886-0939 to learn more.
What kind of content should I feature on my mobile attorney website?
Your mobile attorney website is essentially a pared-down version of your main website, optimized with the needs and concerns of mobile-device users in mind. When it comes to content, the idea is to essentially translate the great content on your main site into effective mobile content.
Keep in mind that you don’t want to include every single bit of information from your regular site with your mobile site. Instead, you should be choosing to include the highlights that are most relevant to your mobile audience. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- A video that explains what to expect at your first legal consultation or answers a question
- Articles that answer common questions—especially if you include a catchy headline
- Eye-catching images that have been optimized for mobile viewing
- Instructions for obtaining more information or scheduling a meeting
For the most part, you can use much of the same content that’s already on your main website. It’s really just a matter of optimizing your content for smartphone and tablet users and choosing the very best of your main website to feature on the mobile Web.
If you need help designing a mobile attorney website, or if you’d like to talk about more ideas for great mobile content, reach out to the mobile marketing team at Foster Web Marketing today. You can reach us at 1-888-886-0939 or by filling out the quick contact form on this page.
What goes into managing an attorney website after it goes live?
You might have created an attorney website that looks great, is stocked with awesome content, and incorporates all the most current search engine optimization tactics, but that doesn’t mean you can just sit back and forget about it once the site is live. Websites need some regular love and attention to really perform well. If you’ve been neglecting your site, or if you have recently finished a new site, you should start putting some effort into maintaining it.
Here are some of the main things you should be doing to manage your website after it’s gone live:
- Adding new content regularly
- Updating old content
- Adjusting SEO tactics as algorithm changes are released
- Monitoring traffic to your landing pages, bounce rate, and other stats
- Fixing broken links, images, and design elements
How you manage your website after it has gone live can make a huge difference in how that marketing investment performs for you in the long run. Don’t let your hard work and marketing dollars go to waste – start managing your attorney website more effectively today.
The online attorney marketing team with Foster Web Marketing would be happy to help you manage your website – whether you want to learn to do it yourself or want our professionals to handle it for you. Our Dynamic Self-Syndication™ (DSS™) system makes it simple for busy professionals to manage their website content and add or update as needed. To learn more, give us a call at 1-888-886-0939 today!
Is there an easy way to add new pages to my attorney website or update existing pages?
Adding or updating pages on your attorney website can be a daunting task, especially if it’s your first site or you don’t know much about website design and maintenance. At Foster Web Marketing, we understand that fear and lack of knowledge can prevent many attorneys from taking an active hand in their online marketing – and we think that’s a shame.
We created our Dynamic Self-Syndication™ (DSS™) system to help attorneys and other professionals gain more control of their websites and online marketing campaigns, and we’ll even teach you and your staff how to use it to manage your website more effectively. With DSS™, you can:
- Quickly add or update content
- Access detailed analytics for each landing page
- Add offers and videos to your site
- Incorporate a built-in blog
- Easily create a follow-up campaign and newsletter
- Delete pages with just a few clicks
And the best part about it is that you can take advantage of all of those functions in the same place and with a simple user interface. If you’re already a client of Foster Web Marketing, you already have access to DSS™. If you’re not a client and want to learn more, feel free to give us a call!
At Foster Web Marketing, we understand that you only have so much time to manage your website. Our online attorney marketing team would be happy to help you create and maintain a site that works for you, whether you want to take the reins on your own or have us do it for you! To learn more about what our team can do for you, just give us a call at 1-888-886-0939 or fill out the online contact form on this page.
How should I follow up with a new website contact?
The entire point of your attorney website and online marketing campaign is to get potential new clients to contact you. But what do you do once the initial contact is made? It’s a fine line to walk between being helpful and being pushy – and between pressuring a person and ignoring their needs. How should you follow up after an initial website contact?
- Send them helpful information. Try not to pitch your business or your benefits over and over again. Instead, show them that you have the knowledge to help their with their legal issue – and that you continue to care about their needs.
- Don’t wait too long. Many people make the mistake of waiting a week or more to follow up with a potential client. During this time, they might have gone elsewhere or forgotten about their conversation with you. You can contact someone the day after an email or phone call without being pushy.
- Don’t follow up with a form email. The potential client will recognize a form letter or a courtesy call. Instead, be sure to talk specifically about their concerns and show that you have thought about their issue during the time between contacts.
Getting contacts is the hard part, but turning contacts into clients is not easy, either. To learn more about successfully marketing your law firm online, from creating an attorney website to keeping clients, call Foster Web Marketing today at 888-886-0939.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.