You’ve Got Questions About Website Design; We’ve Got Answers!
A good website design comes off as uncomplicated and simple to use. But creating a design as beautiful as it is useful isn’t as easy as it looks! Here we answer the most common website design questions we field.
We hope that you are able to answer your questions here. If not, pick up the phone and call 888-886-0939. Our team would love to help you better understand how we design killer, conversion-rich websites.
- Page 2
Should my mobile site look the same as my traditional site?
Your mobile site should resemble your traditional site, and they should complement one another. To achieve this, you will want to maintain:
- The same color scheme
- Similar icons
- The look of your logo
If you do this, your mobile and traditional websites will "feel" the same. Anyone who has visited your traditional site will feel at home on your mobile site. They will recognize many similar elements and appreciate it. When you are successful at maintaining consistency between the two, you will have advanced your brand recognition, which is an important step toward successful mobile web marketing for attorneys.
Then Why Can't I Have Just One Site?
If you don't have a mobile site, people will notice—and they won't like it. Why not? They won’t like it because they will have a very hard time using your traditional site on a phone or tablet. An attorney’s mobile website is a stripped-down, simple, and easy-to-navigate version of the standard site. If you don't have one, potential clients are likely to click away and find a site they can use from their phones.
Mobile use is now so popular that it's estimated about 50 percent of local searches are being done with a phone. This means that, if you don't create a mobile site, you could be missing out on nearly 50 percent of your market.
For help navigating the ever-changing world of attorney web marketing, call 888.886.0939. Our internet marketing team specializes in helping attorneys dominate the competition through SEO-friendly content, web design, and video. Don't settle for merely surviving—this is your year to thrive!
Do I really need a search box on my attorney website?
It really depends. Offering a search box can help you provide a more user-friendly experience for your web audience. But, on the other hand, a search box is pretty useless if you don’t have much in the way of content.
Keep in mind that a search box isn’t necessarily a critical element, especially for small attorney websites. Some sites only offer a search box for certain sections of the site, and others skip a search box entirely. However, you find adding a search box to your attorney website most beneficial if:
- You have (or plan to have) a long-running blog full of rich content.
- You have (or plan to have) a large library of informative articles.
- You want to encourage visitors to stick around on your site to find that they need.
There are, however, some websites that probably won’t really benefit from a search box. These might include:
- Websites that have very little content.
- Small websites that are very specifically focused.
- Websites that do not provide much in the way of regular, informative content or a blog.
Ultimately, it’s a matter of preference—but do keep your target audience’s needs in mind, too. If you have a wealth of information available on your site, a search box can really help your online audience dig deeper into your site and get to know you better!
If you have a question about attorney web design or online marketing, the team at Foster is here to help. Give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or simply fill out the easy online contact form on this page for more information.
What is responsive design, and how can it contribute to the success of my attorney web marketing campaign?
Responsive design allows people who visit your website to get the webpage most easily viewed on the device they are using. This means that mobile users will see your mobile site, and desktop users will see your full site.
Before responsive design, web designers had to create apps so that the correct site would be displayed on smartphones and tablets. As the number of different devices rose (now at 1,000 and counting), creating apps became tedious and ineffective. However, it is now possible for web users to get exactly what they want when they open your law firm’s website.
Responsive Design Is Popular, But It Takes a Little Work
Responsive design must be added to your website. This is not something Google is implementing – it is up to you to add it to each of your websites on your own. In addition, responsive design will not help you convert clients if you don't have a mobile website.
You must first create a mobile website for your law firm. Then you need to implement responsive design. With a mobile site and responsive design, you will be giving everyone who views your site the experience they expect. If, on the other hand, you stick with your traditional site, your site will remain difficult to navigate on a mobile device. And, with half of all web searches being done on smartphones, you will lose out on many potential clients.
Can you add responsive design on your own? Of course you can, but only if you have the time and knowledge to do so. If you'd like to focus on your practice rather than keeping up with the latest trends in attorney web design, call 888.886.0939 to speak with our team. We can help you improve the function of your site, turn browsers into clients, and realize your dream of a successful law practice.
How do I know when my attorney website is ready to go live?
If you’re building a new attorney website, it seems like there is always something else you can add. You may be envisioning a huge library of information, another practice area or two that might be helpful, more articles, more videos—more, more, more! But, if there is always more you can add to your website, how do you know when it’s “finished” enough to finally go live?
The great thing about modern website design is that a website is never really finished. Even after you go live, you should be regularly updating and adding to your site. Determining when to initially go live isn’t an exact science, but you should at least meet some minimum requirements, including:
- Your main landing pages and practice areas are ready to go.
- Your navigation system is in place and there are no broken links.
- Images, videos, and other page elements are working properly.
- Your text content is well written, relevant, and free of errors.
- Your contact information is correct and easy to find.
- You are able to easily add more later.
If your attorney website design is handled by Foster Web Marketing, we’ll help you get everything in shape to go live, make sure everything is in working order, and we’ll train you to use our easy Dynamic Self-Syndication™ (DSS™) system, which makes it easy to add, update, and delete content later!
For more information about designing websites for lawyers, or if you have questions about making your attorney website a success, reach out to the experienced team with Foster Web Marketing today at 1-888-886-0939.
When is the right time to redesign my attorney mobile website?
Because mobile websites are a fairly new phenomenon, choosing the right time for an attorney mobile website redesign isn’t always clear. However, although there may not be a definite, set-in-stone answer to your question, here are some indicators that it might be time for a mobile site redesign:
- Your mobile website just isn’t bringing in the contacts and potential clients you want. Plain and simple—if your mobile website isn’t working for you, it’s time for a redesign.
- Your mobile website appears clunky or outdated compared to newer mobile sites. If your mobile website is starting to show its age in comparison to your competitors’ sites, it’s probably time for a makeover.
- Elements of your mobile website appear broken or distorted. If it doesn’t work right, mobile users aren’t going to stick around.
- Your mobile website isn’t optimized for the new generation of mobile devices. People use a range of mobile devices to access the Web. Make sure your potential clients can reach you no matter what type of tablet or smartphone they use.
- Your mobile website doesn’t match the tone or personality of your main site. For a more professional look, your mobile website and main website should keep a similar color scheme and personality.
- Your mobile website doesn’t take advantage of elements like social-media sharing or one-click calling. There are many features unique to the mobile web. If you’re not taking advantage of them, you’re probably missing out.
If you think you might be ready for an attorney website redesign, discuss your ideas and concerns with our friendly mobile marketing team at Foster Web Marketing today. We’d be happy to review your current site, make recommendations, and help you build a better mobile presence. Just give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or fill out the quick online contact form on this page for more information!
How can I tell if my attorney website is too cluttered?
When it comes to attorney website design, more is not always better. While some lawyer websites might suffer from being too plain, it is safe to say that more lawyer websites suffer from being too cluttered and busy.
To determine whether your website might be overcrowded, ask yourself the following questions:
- Does my website have a focal point – a place that naturally draws the eye?
- Do new visitors know where to click when they land on my page?
- Is it easy to find the most important information on my website?
- Is landing on my homepage overwhelming to visitors?
- Do users have to scroll to find vital information or contact information?
If you answered, “yes,” to any of the above questions, you may want to think about redesigning your website to make it easier to navigate and more inviting. If you still aren’t sure if your website and homepage are too cluttered, have a few honest friends be guinea pigs for you. Sit them down in front of your homepage and ask them about their experience.
If your website design is too cluttered, you might be increasing your bounce rate, hurting your page rank, and, most importantly, losing potential contacts and clients. To learn more about whether you might need an attorney website redesign, contact Foster Web Marketing today at 888.886.0939.
Why do people leave my site?
While we have many clients who are very satisfied with our attorney website marketing services, we also have had some clients who have been promised things by other individuals or companies looking to gain their business. Two examples of promises that other companies have made that have caused some people to leave Foster Web Marketing include:
- Lower rates – While other companies may be able to offer cheaper rates and lower fees, they may fail to produce the results we can. The saying ‘you get what you pay for’ is applicable here because lower costs may not get you the higher quality product that often requires higher costs. When companies or individuals are charging lower rates, it is most likely because their product isn’t as top notch. Smaller, cheaper companies do not have the number of senior coders, developers, and SEO experts working on your site behind the scenes like we do.
- Page one placement on Google – It takes a lot of work to maintain a website correctly and optimize content precisely to get you on page one of Google. Many of our clients are on page one of Google, and it’s mainly due to the money we have invested in DSS and the behind-the-scenes work to make sure your website is optimized correctly. If you are leaving Foster Web Marketing to save money, you most likely will not get these benefits from a lower-priced company.
Generally, clients who have left Foster Web Marketing have not had great success showing up in search results. To talk with an attorney website marketing expert at Foster Web Marketing for help with your website, call us at 888-886-0939 today.
Why don't I get many contacts even though I have a lot of visitors?
There are four top reasons why you may be getting many visitors, but they aren’t contacting your law firm after visiting your attorney website. These reasons include:
- Too focused on SEO – If you are too concerned about appealing to the search engines and not writing good, quality content that is interesting to your potential clients, then your website visitors will leave your site and continue their search. There is a balance between having optimized content and interesting, helpful content.
- Don’t have an offer or something compelling – If you are not setting yourself apart from your competitors, then potential clients may not be as enticed to call you. By providing a free book or guide, it may give them a reason to contact you instead of your competition.
- Not using chat – People want answers and help fast. This is why the live chat function is so helpful in converting web visitors into clients. If you aren’t using it, you should be.
- No trackable phone number – Clients may be calling you, but if no one is answering the phone beyond a certain hour of the day, and the number is not being tracked, then you may be losing leads.
In order to get contacted by potential clients, make sure you are answering their potential questions in your content and make it easy for them to contact you. If you have questions about this information or need additional attorney online marketing help, call Foster Web Marketing today at 888-886-0939.
Besides my written content, what elements of my attorney website are most important?
You attorney website is often a potential client’s first impression of you and your law firm or practice. Although your content is important for informing your potential client, building a relationship, and urging them to call your office, most internet users won’t make it to your content if your website looks unprofessional or unreadable. When you’re building a website for a law firm and want to make a great impression, you should pay attention to the following website design elements:
- Your law firm’s logo. Your logo is one of the first things a user will see. Make sure it looks great and doesn’t clash with your overall color scheme.
- Your main image or video. Your homepage should have a prominent picture or video. Make sure it’s of high quality, not too big, and relevant to a potential client.
- How your website is organized and navigated. You should keep the most important information no more than a click or two away, and you should make sure that it’s easy to navigate through your site.
- Your color scheme. Colors give an idea of the overall tone of your attorney website. Choose colors that reflect your personality and look great together.
- How your text appears. Your great content should be inviting and easy to read. Pay attention to your text colors and font sizes.
- Ways to contact you and share with others. Some people just want to speak to a real person about their legal problems. Make sure they know how to contact you for more information, and consider adding social media buttons so your visitors can share with friends and family.
If you have questions about attorney website design, reach out to the experts at Foster Web Marketing. We can help you design an effective and attractive website that makes a great first impression on your potential clients, and we can help you build a library of great content and make sure your potential clients can find you online! Just give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or fill out our easy online contact form to learn more.
If I have a mobile website, do I have to update it separately from my main website?
At Foster Web Marketing, we fully integrate your mobile website with your traditional desktop website. This means that every piece of content that you add to your website via our Dynamic Self-Syndication (DSS) content management system will automatically also appear on your mobile website. This is true for a variety of content you may post, including:
- Library articles
- Blog posts
- News articles
- Frequently asked questions
- Case results
- Free offers
- Practice areas
- Homepage updates
Many people do not want to go mobile with their attorney website because they wrongly believe that it will be one more website to worry about, update, and manage. When you work with Foster Web Marketing, this is simply not the case. Once your mobile lawyer website is up, it will update in tandem with your main, traditional website every time. You can be reassured that any new content on the web can also be found, accessed, and read on a smartphone or tablet.
Are you ready to take your attorney website mobile and take advantage of the millions of new smartphone users across the country? Call our mobile web design team today to get started: 888-886-0939.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.