You’ve Got Questions About Website Design; We’ve Got Answers!
A good website design comes off as uncomplicated and simple to use. But creating a design as beautiful as it is useful isn’t as easy as it looks! Here we answer the most common website design questions we field.
We hope that you are able to answer your questions here. If not, pick up the phone and call 888-886-0939. Our team would love to help you better understand how we design killer, conversion-rich websites.
- Page 4
If I decide to work with you, how many pages can I have on my attorney website?
During your initial consultation with Foster, we’ll discuss just which pages we will create for you as part of your main attorney website – these pages usually consist of a home page, several practice area pages, an About Us page, a Contact Us page, a testimonials page, a video page, a blog page, and several library article pages. We also work with clients to add custom pages of their choice at this time if they choose.
However, it is important to understand that, in addition to this foundation of pages that will help improve your search engine optimization (SEO), we also give our clients the tools to add as many pages as they please through our Dynamic Self-Syndication (DSS) web content management system. During the process of creating your website, we will also teach you how to use this system to add your own pages to your attorney website quickly and easily – from adding blog entries and articles to uploading videos, testimonials, and recent case results.
At Foster Web marketing, we love to help attorneys from around the country develop new, effective websites – but we also love to help them learn how to improve and update those websites in the months and years to come. To partner with our web design team to develop your lawyer website, call 888-886-0939 today.
I know that mobile websites are generally preferred for smartphone users, but what about tablet users?
These days, there are lots of ways to access the Web, and it’s important that you are sensitive to the needs of all of the users who find you. You probably already have a traditional website and a mobile attorney website, but do you need to do anything different for tablet and iPad users?
What Makes Tablet Optimization Difficult
The problem with tablet optimization for websites is basically that tablet users’ needs are somewhere in between those of desktop and mobile users. While they are still navigating with their fingers and need simpler design elements like smartphone users, they are more likely to be looking for more detailed information and content like a desktop user.
Much of this is also dependent upon the size of the tablet – ranging from tiny, 5-inch tablets to much larger 10-inch tablets like the iPad. On a small tablet, user needs are closer to the needs of smartphone users; on a large tablet, users may be demanding an experience more like a desktop or laptop user.
So how do you provide a great user experience for the potential clients who find you via tablet? Tablet use is new enough that there are no easy answers yet. Some professionals decide to create a new mobile website for tablet users, and others choose to carefully tweak either their traditional or mobile websites to be tablet friendly.
If you need a hand deciding how to optimize your attorney website for tablet users, give our online attorney marketing experts a call today at 1-888-886-0939. We’d be happy to help you improve the tablet experience on your traditional site and help you build an effective mobile site for both tablet and smartphone users.
Why Are Our Competitors Ranking So High?
A lot of factors are behind why one website ranks higher than another. It is more than just a simple answer. In fact, it could be the name, how old the domain is, how long it has been on the web, how much content it has, how relevant that contact is to a search term, what links point to that page, how many links, how valuable are those links, and more.
While there can be a lot of complexity behind why, Foster Web Marketing has the tools to analyze these factors. Also, the tools can be used to specifically see what it is going to take to beat out your competition.
Search engine rankings matter, but there is more to it than just that. It is also important to ask the following questions about what your competitors are doing:
- Are their rankings high for relevant keywords?
- Is your competition answering the specific questions that potential clients have?
- Is your completion ranking well for long-tail search?
The reason that these questions matter is that high search rankings are not all that it takes to accomplish a high conversion rate and to generate quality leads. In fact, just because a site has a high ranking does not mean that it is even generating worthwhile leads.
Contact lawyer website marketing firm Foster Web Marketing today at 888.886.0939 to determine how to become top ranked for your high-impact search terms and to get the competitive edge that you have been looking for.
Why Do I Need a Book or Report?
You need a book or report because it is an important way of generating new leads and interacting with your potential clients.
Every visitor to your website is different and will have a different way of interacting with you and your site. Some will prefer to call you, while others will want to first see what you know. This group of visitors will start by downloading your book, so a book is a great way to generate high-quality leads and is another way to obtain a lead’s contact information.
While many attorneys have books, a way to stand out is by your cover and title. When people visit your website, their eyes will gravitate toward your book because of the design and title. So, it is important to make this high quality. Also, making the book focused and targeted—while at the same time marketing it as being available for free— can allow you to fully leverage this marketing tool.
If you would like help designing and writing your book or report, contact attorney website design firm Foster Web Marketing at 888.886.0939.
Do I need a tablet-friendly and iPad-friendly attorney website?
You’ve probably heard about the skyrocketing number of mobile device users – millions of people are surfing the Web on their smartphones across the country. But have you also heard that more and more people are using tablets like iPads? Experts say that tablet use will only increase in coming years and that tablet users expect a smooth experience on their devices. So do you need to worry about how your website looks on a tablet?
Yes! Unlike mobile devices, tablets do not in most cases require a new attorney website. However, you may need to make small changes to your existing website to make certain that tablet users have a positive experience. You should keep in mind that tablets often have smaller screens and that they lack a physical keyboard and mouse. These issues mean that users often require a simpler layout, larger buttons, and a bigger font when it comes to tablet design.
In addition, tablet users act more like smaller mobile device users: they are more likely to be on the go, they are more likely looking for quick information, and they are less likely to be patient with slow-loading websites.
Do you want to make certain that your law firm website is tablet friendly? Our team of expert designers can help. Call Foster Web Marketing today at 888.886.0939 to learn more.
What features should a great attorney mobile website have?
A mobile website is different from a traditional website for a number of reasons: it is largely used by people on the go, it is largely used for local searches, and it is used on much smaller screens than traditional laptops and desktops. For these reasons, the design of a mobile website needs to be different than that of your regular attorney website:
- Easily accessible contact information. Many mobile web users are looking for information quickly, such as phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, and directions.
- Quickly loading pages. Studies have shown that mobile users quickly navigate away from pages that don’t load within a few seconds.
- Simple layout. Simplicity is good for all websites, but it is absolutely vital for mobile websites. Make sure your site doesn’t require horizontal scrolling, and make sure that your users aren’t overwhelmed by too much content, too many images, or other bells and whistles.
- Social media links. People often use their phones to be active on social networking websites like Facebook and Twitter. Be sure that they can access your social media pages and follow you from your mobile website.
- A chance to view your full site. In some cases, a user may want to visit your traditional homepage from their mobile device. For those people, make sure there is a well-placed button that offers that option.
Ready to design your law office mobile website? We can help. Call Foster Web Marketing’s mobile web design team today at 888.886.0939.
Will my version of DSS work with my redesign?
Everyone who uses DSS is using the same version. However, what makes DSS unique and different is what happens behind the scenes. DSS is designed to have different functionality for different users, allowing each user to maximize their online marketing efforts.
When a website is redesigned, the functionality of DSS does not change. The redesign is just the skin over your website’s content. Foster Web Marketing changes this appearance to keep up to date with the current online trends.
As an example, Foster Web Marketing has redesigned its website five times. With DSS, this can be done without changing the backend coding, but only the appearance of the website.
When going from a version 1 site to a version 2 site, the backend of your website stays the same. This effectively keeps all of your marketing work in place and only changes the appearance of your website. As new features are rolled out, you can take full advantage of them.
Contact online attorney marketing firm Foster Web Marketing to learn more about our industry leading DSS platform and how it can be incorporated into your company’s website by calling 888.886.0939.
I have a little bit of experience with html and personal websites. Is there any real benefit to working with an attorney website design team if I can do it myself?
It depends. Building a website for your business is a lot different than building a personal website, and there are many considerations you need to keep in mind for your attorney website design. Here are just a few of the major considerations that make a business website different than a personal website:
- Search engine optimization. If you want your law firm website to be worth your time and money, then it needs to be findable. Using appropriate SEO tactics and staying up-to-date on Google’s changes can mean the difference between bringing in more cases and getting lost in the crowd.
- A professional feel that makes you look like an expert. With a business website, your potential clients will expect a more professional look and feel than you may be used to with your personal website. Any broken code, low-quality images, grammatical errors, etc. will only serve to make you look less professional and send your web visitors running.
- Directing clients to appropriate information. Although your visitors may be willing to dig through confusing menus to find what they need on your personal website, your potential clients won’t take the time to go digging on your business website. If they can’t find what they need within a click or two, then they’re likely to go look elsewhere.
Need help building an effective Web presence for your law firm? Speak with our attorney website design experts today at 1-888-886-0939, or fill our easy online contact form for more information!
I don’t really understand how redesigning a law firm website can bring in more clients. What does my design have to do with it?
Although content is important, even the best content will get lost in a bad design. An up-to-date site that puts an emphasis on providing a great user experience will always outshine a lackluster site that doesn’t have its users’ needs in mind.
In a nutshell, Google wants to connect its users with sites that provide a good user experience, and your users are more likely to reach out and contact you if you provide the information they need online. If your site doesn’t answer your potential clients’ questions, or if your design makes those answers hard to find and leaves your users frustrated, then it is pretty likely your page rankings will suffer.
Here are some tips for redesigning your lawyer website to create a better user experience:
- Make your site easy to navigate. Your content doesn’t matter if no one can get to it. Organize your menus and navigation so that your users can easily find what they need.
- Create links that make sense. Pay attention to the way you link your own lawyer website together. The more sense your internal links make and the longer users are on your page soaking up relevant information, the better it is for your page rankings.
- Use content to answer questions and build trust. Your content should focus more on solving your potential clients’ problems and answering questions, which makes you look like the expert to turn to when it’s time to take legal action.
- Make sure it’s easy on the eyes. Web users aren’t going to stick around on an ugly website. Choose colors and design elements carefully, take advantage of “white space,” and try to create a sharp-looking site for your users.
Need help getting more out of your lawyer website design? Speak with our law firm web design experts today at 1-888-886-0939, or fill out our easy online contact form for more information!
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.