You’ve Got Questions About Website Design; We’ve Got Answers!
A good website design comes off as uncomplicated and simple to use. But creating a design as beautiful as it is useful isn’t as easy as it looks! Here we answer the most common website design questions we field.
We hope that you are able to answer your questions here. If not, pick up the phone and call 888-886-0939. Our team would love to help you better understand how we design killer, conversion-rich websites.
- Page 4
Will my version of DSS work with my redesign?
Everyone who uses DSS is using the same version. However, what makes DSS unique and different is what happens behind the scenes. DSS is designed to have different functionality for different users, allowing each user to maximize their online marketing efforts.
When a website is redesigned, the functionality of DSS does not change. The redesign is just the skin over your website’s content. Foster Web Marketing changes this appearance to keep up to date with the current online trends.
As an example, Foster Web Marketing has redesigned its website five times. With DSS, this can be done without changing the backend coding, but only the appearance of the website.
When going from a version 1 site to a version 2 site, the backend of your website stays the same. This effectively keeps all of your marketing work in place and only changes the appearance of your website. As new features are rolled out, you can take full advantage of them.
Contact online attorney marketing firm Foster Web Marketing to learn more about our industry leading DSS platform and how it can be incorporated into your company’s website by calling 888.886.0939.
How do I write a good page title?
Write a good page title by phrasing it to answer a question or at least promise to answer a question that a potential client would ask. What you do not want to do is focus on what the search engines will be looking for. Instead, focus on what people will be looking for.
Also, make sure to write an interesting and compelling title—write something that would make you want to click on the article and read it.
Again, it is important to not stuff the title full of keywords, but to focus on what a potential client would be interested in reading.
This approach of focusing on readability and relevance in the title is practiced by many successful news organizations. In fact, looking at other headlines can help you formulate your own effective headlines. Some places to look for ideas include People Magazine, TMZ, and Huffington Post.
Original content authoring, including title phrasing, is one of the focus areas of Foster Web Marketing. Call 888.886.0939 today to learn more about how you can take advantage of our industry-leading online attorney marketing services.
I have a little bit of experience with html and personal websites. Is there any real benefit to working with an attorney website design team if I can do it myself?
It depends. Building a website for your business is a lot different than building a personal website, and there are many considerations you need to keep in mind for your attorney website design. Here are just a few of the major considerations that make a business website different than a personal website:
- Search engine optimization. If you want your law firm website to be worth your time and money, then it needs to be findable. Using appropriate SEO tactics and staying up-to-date on Google’s changes can mean the difference between bringing in more cases and getting lost in the crowd.
- A professional feel that makes you look like an expert. With a business website, your potential clients will expect a more professional look and feel than you may be used to with your personal website. Any broken code, low-quality images, grammatical errors, etc. will only serve to make you look less professional and send your web visitors running.
- Directing clients to appropriate information. Although your visitors may be willing to dig through confusing menus to find what they need on your personal website, your potential clients won’t take the time to go digging on your business website. If they can’t find what they need within a click or two, then they’re likely to go look elsewhere.
Need help building an effective Web presence for your law firm? Speak with our attorney website design experts today at 1-888-886-0939, or fill our easy online contact form for more information!
How often should I update or redesign my attorney website?
It depends. When you are talking about updating or redesigning an attorney website, the process essentially can be broken down into two major concerns:
1. The Content
Google pays attention to sites that offer fresh and frequent content, so you should update your site as often as possible with a good variety of content. Take a look at your site, and consider adding a lawyer blog, new web videos, social media integration, regular news updates, or a series of informative articles on popular subjects. Don’t forget also to put in the effort to maintain the content you already have by keeping important and high-traffic areas up-to-date and easy to find.
2. The Design
There is no set schedule for updating your attorney website design, but don’t let that fool you into believing that design updates aren’t necessary. You should probably shoot for a site-wide redesign every few years. Time moves fast on the Web, so what was a beautiful site a year ago could look outdated and shoddy today.
Users also have evolving preferences for how they navigate and access your site as technology and tastes change, so it’s wise to pay attention to those trends and to accommodate by updating your menus and potentially add additional services, like a mobile site. And, of course, it’s a good idea to make sure all of your design elements are in working order and look good on the page!
Think your law firm website could use a spring cleaning? Get in touch with our attorney website design experts today at 1-888-886-0939, and read through our FREE book, The 5 Biggest Mistakes 99% of Lawyers Make with Their Websites.
I don’t really understand how redesigning a law firm website can bring in more clients. What does my design have to do with it?
Although content is important, even the best content will get lost in a bad design. An up-to-date site that puts an emphasis on providing a great user experience will always outshine a lackluster site that doesn’t have its users’ needs in mind.
In a nutshell, Google wants to connect its users with sites that provide a good user experience, and your users are more likely to reach out and contact you if you provide the information they need online. If your site doesn’t answer your potential clients’ questions, or if your design makes those answers hard to find and leaves your users frustrated, then it is pretty likely your page rankings will suffer.
Here are some tips for redesigning your lawyer website to create a better user experience:
- Make your site easy to navigate. Your content doesn’t matter if no one can get to it. Organize your menus and navigation so that your users can easily find what they need.
- Create links that make sense. Pay attention to the way you link your own lawyer website together. The more sense your internal links make and the longer users are on your page soaking up relevant information, the better it is for your page rankings.
- Use content to answer questions and build trust. Your content should focus more on solving your potential clients’ problems and answering questions, which makes you look like the expert to turn to when it’s time to take legal action.
- Make sure it’s easy on the eyes. Web users aren’t going to stick around on an ugly website. Choose colors and design elements carefully, take advantage of “white space,” and try to create a sharp-looking site for your users.
Need help getting more out of your lawyer website design? Speak with our law firm web design experts today at 1-888-886-0939, or fill out our easy online contact form for more information!
What is a back-end campaign?
A back-end campaign is made up of the marketing activities that you do after a potential client contacts you. To maximize the effectiveness of your marketing efforts, it is important to follow up with every lead that you generate. This can be a lot of work, but this work can be lessened by using our online tools.
Your website may generate leads through contact forms, your listed phone number, online chat, or free reports. With each different lead generation method, you always want to have a different and specific back-end campaign. This can be a lot of work if you try to manually track all of your leads, which is why automated and custom back-end campaigns are supported by Foster Web Marketing’s DSS system.
Sending out emails and newsletters to your leads can translate into more leads. Including links to your website on your newsletter or in your emails will drive interested visitors back to your site. Oftentimes, leads that do not turn into cases for you may refer their friends or family to your firm.
Because of the value of back-end campaigns, it is one of the attorney online marketing areas that we focus on. Many customers of Foster Web Marketing take advantage of our well-known and well-developed DSS system to manage their back-end campaigns.
Call Foster Web Marketing today at 888.886.0939 and take advantage of our powerful and customizable lawyer online marketing tools.
What are some good ideas for my offline marketing?
An effective online marketing strategy for law firm websites can and should be strengthened by an active offline marketing plan. Traditional marketing tools and interaction with your local community can support and even bolster your lead generation and acquisition of customers.
Every local community is different and an offline marketing strategy should be targeted to acquire your ideal client in your area. There are several good ways to get started today. Here are a few:
- Distribute a newsletter – This is an effective marketing tool that has been used by a number of Foster Web Marketing clients. For example, attorney Ben Glass frequently sends out a newsletter and even has a dedicated website for it.
- Engage the local community – There are many ways to get involved locally, like sponsoring events, providing free presentations, or working with schools.
- Write for your local free newspaper or periodical – Many communities have free publications that are meant to serve the public. Writing articles related to your practice areas in these publications can help raise awareness of your firm and what you offer.
Navigating the many potential marketing channels that are available to your firm can be a daunting challenge—optimizing them can be just as challenging.
Contact Foster Web Marketing to get the help you need in optimizing your attorney website by calling 888.886.0939.
What are the disadvantages of only having a regular attorney website?
If you have a smartphone and have surfed the Web from your phone before, you probably know why it is important to have a separate attorney mobile website. However, if you aren’t familiar with mobile websites – or simply haven’t noticed a difference – it is important to understand the disadvantages of ignoring the mobile revolution.
Not having a mobile website means that your mobile visitors will:
- Deal with slow loading times. It only takes a few seconds of slow loading to discourage web surfers and cause them to navigate away from the page. Regular websites take much longer to load on phones than mobile websites.
- Deal with lots of scrolling and resizing. A regular website will require both vertical and horizontal scrolling – and possible resizing so that they can read the small fonts. Most will soon become too frustrated to continue.
- Leave to visit a competitor’s website. When a mobile device user is looking for a local lawyer on their smartphone, they will likely skip attorneys with traditional websites and find an attorney with a mobile website. If that’s not you, you will lose their business.
If you haven’t already, try viewing your lawyer website on a cell phone. How is the user experience? If you want to make it better, call our mobile website design team today at 888.886.0939.
I really want my new attorney website to look great. What should I be thinking about?
Choosing to build a new website is exciting. Although it’s not the only consideration, a lot of the fun in attorney website design is figuring out how your website will look when it is finished and live. No one wants to see an ugly website! You want a great-looking site that will invite your web visitors to come on in and take a look around. How can you build a website that’s easy on the eyes?
Here are a couple of things you should be thinking about:
- Layout. The layout of your website dictates how all the elements—text, graphics, buttons, etc.—fit together on your page. Small changes in the layout can make a big difference in how your website looks and performs. Think about what your web visitors will be looking for, and make sure those are the elements that stand out and are quickly accessible. Consider incorporating menus that are easy to read and navigate, and keep in mind that leaving a little white space makes it all seem a little more professional.
- Color. Color is more important than you might think. You need to use web-safe colors that will be consistent for your users, and you want to use color to set the tone of your attorney website. Think about relaxing blues or aggressive reds, but don’t go overboard. Choose colors that won’t clash or end up giving your web visitors a headache.
If you need help with attorney web design that will wow your web visitors, speak with the law firm website design experts at Foster Web Marketing today. Just give us a call at 888-886-0939, or fill out the quick online contact form available on this page.
My attorney website isn’t perfect, but does it really matter as long as I have a site out there?
This is a question our online attorney marketing team hears a lot. Many people believe that any website will do: toss up a slapdash attorney website, and call it good. The truth is, it would be better to have no website at all. In fact, crummy attorney website design can actually hurt your marketing efforts and send potential clients to your competitors’ sites.
Here are a few of the website mistakes that can send potential clients packing:
- Ugly or unprofessional. Let’s face it – if your site looks cheesy, crowded, unreadable, or the colors clash, then your potential clients are going to move on to a site that looks more professional and accessible.
- Slow to load. Web users aren’t really known for their patience, and they’re not going to wait for a site that is bogged down with graphics and widgets or takes more than a few seconds to load.
- Lacking worthwhile content. Ultimately, people search the Web because they have questions and are looking for answers. Even if your lawyer website looks great, no one will stick around if you don’t have anything to offer.
If you are unhappy with your current website, or if you are ready to build a website from scratch, speak with the experts at Foster Web Marketing today. You can reach us at 888-886-0939 today to get started.
We also recommend you take a look at our powerful guide, The Five Biggest Mistakes 99% of Lawyers Make with Their Websites, which you can receive for FREE just by giving us a call or filling out our quick online contact form.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.