Does the idea of collaborating with a fun, creative marketing team on strategies to make clients successful—both online and off—sound like a great career? We’re looking for an experienced Digital Marketing Strategist to join our fast-growing internet marketing and software company.
If you have experience with inbound marketing, on-page/organic SEO, local optimization, and PPC, we want to talk with you.
This is a full-time position for a motivated and very detail-oriented person in our Fairfax, VA office. You must be able to commute and work in our Fairfax, VA office to be eligible for this position.
To be the best fit for our team, you’ll need more than just the technical skills. We’re looking for a candidate who can provide white hat SEO and digital marketing services for several simultaneous client accounts. You will act as account executive to assure that client needs are being met, deliverables are completed on time, and performance milestones are achieved.
Digital Marketing Strategist Duties:
- Day-to-day communications as primary point of contact for client, via email or phone calls
- Developing a mutually-agreed-upon SEO plan for each individual client
- Executing tasks based on the marketing plan. Tactics involved include but are not limited to:
- On-site content optimization
- Content auditing
- Local SEO optimization
- Link building and backlink auditing
- Coaching clients on reputation management strategies and best practices for review generation
- Directory listing creation, set-up and/or clean-up
- Creating and implementing marketing email blasts, drip campaigns, and eNewsletters
- Social media consulting and posting
- Paid advertising in Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Facebook and others
- Offline PR and/or marketing assistance
- Delivering monthly calls with clients to provide updates on existing tasks, review performance data, plan for future projects, etc.
- Monitoring key performance indicators (KPIs) on a per-client basis to judge efficacy of current tactics, plan future strategies, and grade campaign performance.
- Overseeing the production and publication of new content, or the editing of existing content by the content department.
- Providing research for—and participating in—monthly webinars or other similar proceedings.
- Preparing and/or delivering presentations at public events on digital marketing/SEO topics.
- Attending, when requested, industry trade shows and conferences for continuing education.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2 or more years of SEO experience; preferably within the legal or medical fields
- Experience with PPC management in AdWords and Bing Ads
- Google AdWords Certification and/or Bing Ads Accreditation a plus
- High level working knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Bing Webmaster Tools
- Google Analytics Certification a plus
- Experience utilizing SEO industry tools such as Moz, Majestic, and others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive and ambitious
How to Apply for the Digital Marketing Specialist Position:
To apply for this position, email us your resume and cover letter here. In your cover letter, mention whether you prefer Star Trek or Star Wars and why.