You’ve Got Questions About Website Design; We’ve Got Answers!
A good website design comes off as uncomplicated and simple to use. But creating a design as beautiful as it is useful isn’t as easy as it looks! Here we answer the most common website design questions we field.
We hope that you are able to answer your questions here. If not, pick up the phone and call 888-886-0939. Our team would love to help you better understand how we design killer, conversion-rich websites.
- Page 3
Will my version of DSS work with my redesign?
Everyone who uses DSS is using the same version. However, what makes DSS unique and different is what happens behind the scenes. DSS is designed to have different functionality for different users, allowing each user to maximize their online marketing efforts.
When a website is redesigned, the functionality of DSS does not change. The redesign is just the skin over your website’s content. Foster Web Marketing changes this appearance to keep up to date with the current online trends.
As an example, Foster Web Marketing has redesigned its website five times. With DSS, this can be done without changing the backend coding, but only the appearance of the website.
When going from a version 1 site to a version 2 site, the backend of your website stays the same. This effectively keeps all of your marketing work in place and only changes the appearance of your website. As new features are rolled out, you can take full advantage of them.
Contact online attorney marketing firm Foster Web Marketing to learn more about our industry leading DSS platform and how it can be incorporated into your company’s website by calling 888.886.0939.
I have a little bit of experience with html and personal websites. Is there any real benefit to working with an attorney website design team if I can do it myself?
It depends. Building a website for your business is a lot different than building a personal website, and there are many considerations you need to keep in mind for your attorney website design. Here are just a few of the major considerations that make a business website different than a personal website:
- Search engine optimization. If you want your law firm website to be worth your time and money, then it needs to be findable. Using appropriate SEO tactics and staying up-to-date on Google’s changes can mean the difference between bringing in more cases and getting lost in the crowd.
- A professional feel that makes you look like an expert. With a business website, your potential clients will expect a more professional look and feel than you may be used to with your personal website. Any broken code, low-quality images, grammatical errors, etc. will only serve to make you look less professional and send your web visitors running.
- Directing clients to appropriate information. Although your visitors may be willing to dig through confusing menus to find what they need on your personal website, your potential clients won’t take the time to go digging on your business website. If they can’t find what they need within a click or two, then they’re likely to go look elsewhere.
Need help building an effective Web presence for your law firm? Speak with our attorney website design experts today at 1-888-886-0939, or fill our easy online contact form for more information!
I don’t really understand how redesigning a law firm website can bring in more clients. What does my design have to do with it?
Although content is important, even the best content will get lost in a bad design. An up-to-date site that puts an emphasis on providing a great user experience will always outshine a lackluster site that doesn’t have its users’ needs in mind.
In a nutshell, Google wants to connect its users with sites that provide a good user experience, and your users are more likely to reach out and contact you if you provide the information they need online. If your site doesn’t answer your potential clients’ questions, or if your design makes those answers hard to find and leaves your users frustrated, then it is pretty likely your page rankings will suffer.
Here are some tips for redesigning your lawyer website to create a better user experience:
- Make your site easy to navigate. Your content doesn’t matter if no one can get to it. Organize your menus and navigation so that your users can easily find what they need.
- Create links that make sense. Pay attention to the way you link your own lawyer website together. The more sense your internal links make and the longer users are on your page soaking up relevant information, the better it is for your page rankings.
- Use content to answer questions and build trust. Your content should focus more on solving your potential clients’ problems and answering questions, which makes you look like the expert to turn to when it’s time to take legal action.
- Make sure it’s easy on the eyes. Web users aren’t going to stick around on an ugly website. Choose colors and design elements carefully, take advantage of “white space,” and try to create a sharp-looking site for your users.
Need help getting more out of your lawyer website design? Speak with our law firm web design experts today at 1-888-886-0939, or fill out our easy online contact form for more information!
What is a back-end campaign?
A back-end campaign is made up of the marketing activities that you do after a potential client contacts you. To maximize the effectiveness of your marketing efforts, it is important to follow up with every lead that you generate. This can be a lot of work, but this work can be lessened by using our online tools.
Your website may generate leads through contact forms, your listed phone number, online chat, or free reports. With each different lead generation method, you always want to have a different and specific back-end campaign. This can be a lot of work if you try to manually track all of your leads, which is why automated and custom back-end campaigns are supported by Foster Web Marketing’s DSS system.
Sending out emails and newsletters to your leads can translate into more leads. Including links to your website on your newsletter or in your emails will drive interested visitors back to your site. Oftentimes, leads that do not turn into cases for you may refer their friends or family to your firm.
Because of the value of back-end campaigns, it is one of the attorney online marketing areas that we focus on. Many customers of Foster Web Marketing take advantage of our well-known and well-developed DSS system to manage their back-end campaigns.
Call Foster Web Marketing today at 888.886.0939 and take advantage of our powerful and customizable lawyer online marketing tools.
What are the disadvantages of only having a regular attorney website?
If you have a smartphone and have surfed the Web from your phone before, you probably know why it is important to have an attorney mobile website. However, if you aren’t familiar with mobile websites – or simply haven’t noticed a difference – it is important to understand the disadvantages of ignoring the mobile revolution.
Not having a mobile website means that your mobile visitors will:
- Deal with slow loading times. It only takes a few seconds of slow loading to discourage web surfers and cause them to navigate away from the page. Regular websites take much longer to load on phones than mobile websites.
- Deal with lots of scrolling and resizing. A regular website will require both vertical and horizontal scrolling – and possible resizing so that they can read the small fonts. Most will soon become too frustrated to continue.
- Leave to visit a competitor’s website. When a mobile device user is looking for a local lawyer on their smartphone, they will likely skip attorneys with traditional websites and find an attorney with a mobile website. If that’s not you, you will lose their business.
If you haven’t already, try viewing your lawyer website on a cell phone. How is the user experience? If you want to make it better, call our mobile website design team today at 888.886.0939.
I really want my new attorney website to look great. What should I be thinking about?
Choosing to build a new website is exciting. Although it’s not the only consideration, a lot of the fun in attorney website design is figuring out how your website will look when it is finished and live. No one wants to see an ugly website! You want a great-looking site that will invite your web visitors to come on in and take a look around. How can you build a website that’s easy on the eyes?
Here are a couple of things you should be thinking about:
- Layout. The layout of your website dictates how all the elements—text, graphics, buttons, etc.—fit together on your page. Small changes in the layout can make a big difference in how your website looks and performs. Think about what your web visitors will be looking for, and make sure those are the elements that stand out and are quickly accessible. Consider incorporating menus that are easy to read and navigate, and keep in mind that leaving a little white space makes it all seem a little more professional.
- Color. Color is more important than you might think. You need to use web-safe colors that will be consistent for your users, and you want to use color to set the tone of your attorney website. Think about relaxing blues or aggressive reds, but don’t go overboard. Choose colors that won’t clash or end up giving your web visitors a headache.
If you need help with attorney web design that will wow your web visitors, speak with the law firm website design experts at Foster Web Marketing today. Just give us a call at 888-886-0939, or fill out the quick online contact form available on this page.
My attorney website isn’t perfect, but does it really matter as long as I have a site out there?
This is a question our online attorney marketing team hears a lot. Many people believe that any website will do: toss up a slapdash attorney website, and call it good. The truth is, it would be better to have no website at all. In fact, crummy attorney website design can actually hurt your marketing efforts and send potential clients to your competitors’ sites.
Here are a few of the website mistakes that can send potential clients packing:
- Ugly or unprofessional. Let’s face it – if your site looks cheesy, crowded, unreadable, or the colors clash, then your potential clients are going to move on to a site that looks more professional and accessible.
- Slow to load. Web users aren’t really known for their patience, and they’re not going to wait for a site that is bogged down with graphics and widgets or takes more than a few seconds to load.
- Lacking worthwhile content. Ultimately, people search the Web because they have questions and are looking for answers. Even if your lawyer website looks great, no one will stick around if you don’t have anything to offer.
If you are unhappy with your current website, or if you are ready to build a website from scratch, speak with the experts at Foster Web Marketing today. You can reach us at 888-886-0939 today to get started.
We also recommend you take a look at our powerful guide, The Five Biggest Mistakes 99% of Lawyers Make with Their Websites, which you can receive for FREE just by giving us a call or filling out our quick online contact form.
Why are mobile websites for lawyers so important? Can’t potential clients see my regular website on mobile devices?
Mobile websites for lawyers are more important than ever. While potential clients may be able to browse your traditional lawyer website from their smartphones, what they actually end up seeing could be hard to read or impossible to navigate. The unfortunate truth is that most websites are painful to use from a phone or other mobile device—and your mobile visitors will move on if the site isn’t optimized for mobile users.
It has been estimated that around 50% of all local searches are coming from smartphones now. While it seems like people are starting to prefer turning to their phones for a quick Google search, they have to balance convenience with a few drawbacks:
- Small screens. Smaller screen sizes mean users end up scrolling around to try to read most traditional websites—which quickly gets old. It’s also more difficult to read on such small screens.
- Tap controls. Any website that isn’t optimized for tap controls can be a headache to use, especially for users in a hurry.
- Bandwidth issues. Even LTE networks can have issues, making most websites really slow to load, and users won’t wait around. A dedicated mobile website can be optimized to load much more quickly on mobile devices.
Give us a call today at 888-886-0939 to talk about how mobile attorney marketing can work for you and connect you with more contacts and clients. The online marketing experts with Foster Web Marketing can help you with everything from building a mobile website to keeping it updated with fresh, informative content and social media integration.
If already offer a mobile app for my potential clients, do I still need a mobile attorney website?
Although a mobile app is a great place to start and is a creative way to reach out to your clients, mobile apps just can’t take the place of properly optimized mobile websites for lawyers. Consider the following:
- A mobile attorney website works on any platform, unlike apps.
- Apps have to be installed, but your lawyer website can be viewed instantly.
- Mobile websites are more likely to show up in Google results from mobile searches.
- An easy-to-navigate mobile website connects clients with information faster—and it makes it easier to find and install your app!
If you would like more information about mobile websites for attorneys or creating mobile apps to offer to your potential clients, give us a call today at 888-886-0939 or use the contact form on this page. We would be happy to help you build a strong mobile presence, bring in more contacts, and use your online attorney marketing to show your firm in its best light.
We’d also like to offer you a completely FREE copy of our must-read book, The 5 Biggest Mistakes 99% of Lawyers Make with Their Websites, which explains more about how to take advantage of the power of the Web and start converting your web visitors into contacts and clients.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.