You finally set up a Facebook page, uploaded a video to YouTube, and had a graphic design student build you a website...so why haven't you gotten any new clients?
Contrary to popular belief, an online marketing plan isn't one of those things where "if you build it, they will come." Your prospects need to be able to find you, understand why you're the most qualified to help them, and have a reason to pick up the phone and call you.
However, the process does not stop there. Online marketing involves so much more than putting your name out into cyberspace and trying to draw in new clients. It is an active process that truly never ends—that is, if you want to be successful.
Foster Web's Marketing Philosophy revolves around three main concepts:
Each concept is a step in the lifecycle of a client. First you need to attract him to your law firm, then you need to convert him into a paying customer and finally, you need to find ways to sustain brand awareness and retain him as a client of your firm.
So, how do you actually do all of this? Stick with us and we'll help you build your firm in ways you never thought were possible.
Cast the Line and Attract Your Perfect Client
The beautiful thing about marketing is that you don't have to strain to appeal to everyone. In fact, it's better if you don't appeal to everyone, because when those leads begin to roll in, a greater proportion will be the clients you want to attract.
You need to sit down and imagine your perfect client. Think about who he is, how he's feeling, where he lives, his level of education and anything else you think would be important. Once you know whom you're trying to attract, your marketing efforts will be a lot more effective. Keeping your ideal client in mind, you need to:
- Build a dynamic, beautifully designed website.
- Create engaging, interesting, and informative content.
- Invest in forms of paid advertising like Pay-Per-Click (PPC), banner ads, and online video commercials.
- Implement effective search engine optimization (SEO) techniques that get the attention of search engines like Google.
- Get social on sites like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Google+ and begin to build relationships and create a sense of community.
- Make sure you are measuring and analyzing whether your hard work is paying off, or if you need to tweak a few things.
Convert Those Leads into Loyal, Paying Clients
Congratulations! Everything you're doing to attract new clients is working and you've been getting more leads than you've seen in a very long time (or ever). Now is not the time to be lazy; your work has just begun. To successfully convert a lead into a client, you need to:
- Be ready for the surge in leads that are going to come across your desk. If you're not ready for them, they will find someone who is.
- Have a mobile version of your website available for people who prefer to surf the web on their smartphones.
- Write your website content in such a persuasive way that prospective clients can't help but reach out to you.
- Develop a well-designed free offer for your website.
- Create professionally produced videos for your top content.
- Consider building a mobile application.
- Look at the analytics for your website and see what is helping to convert clients—and what isn't working.
You've Worked So Hard! Make Sure You Retain Those Clients
Just because a person hired you as a service professional once does not mean he will do it again in the future. We live in a society where people are always looking for the newest, best thing—and that's just as true for doctors, lawyers, and other skill-based experts as it is for consumer goods. If you don't constantly remind your former clients that you're still in business and still looking out for their interests, they may disappear forever. There are, however, many different approaches you can take to reaching out and retaining individuals as clients of your business:
- Create an e-mail drip campaign that automatically contacts clients at pre-determined times and dates.
- Get involved in your community and local charitable organizations. You're able to do good while also interacting with all types of people and getting public recognition for your name.
- Create a culture of excellent customer service.
- Write free books and reports to position yourself as an expert in your field.
- Send out compelling direct mail. Not all marketing needs to take place online!
- Periodically distribute surveys or polls to customers as a way of discovering what you're doing well, and what you could do better.
- Maintain an up-to-date client database so that no one can slip through the cracks.
Foster Web Marketing Can Help Kick-start Your Company's Marketing Initiatives
The idea of undertaking all of these steps to attract, convert, and retain clients may seem a bit overwhelming and possibly even unrealistic for your firm. Who has that many hours in the day?
Not having time to market your business not a good excuse to let it completely fall by the wayside. When you work with Foster Web Marketing, we can jump right in as much or as little as you want. We will get your amazing website up and running, develop a rock-solid SEO plan, write engaging content that converts, and set you up for success when it comes to retaining clients.
We think our marketing philosophy is the best in the business and we want to show you firsthand how it can change your entire law firm for the better. Call us today at 888-886-0939 to discuss your firm's marketing needs or fill out our online contact form and a member of our team will contact you within 24 hours to arrange a conference call.