With the rise of social media and mobile messaging, email is now an almost intimate interaction with your clients and contacts. If you do it right, you have the undivided attention of your audience away from the din of the rest of the Web. If you do it wrong or without respect for your contacts, you’re only one click away from ending up in the trash or getting a landslide of unsubscribes.
Email Marketing Services for Law Firms Looking to Stand Out in Crowded Inboxes
Email marketing can be such an effective marketing tool that everyone does it, so people's inboxes are bombarded with all kinds of marketing emails all the time. It takes something special to stand out—and that means that you have to develop a rock-solid strategy.
Your audience expects you to deliver relevant and valuable emails that benefit them. They will absolutely resent the contact if you just barge in to talk about yourself. When you partner with FWM for email marketing services, your email campaigns need to feature interesting and motivating content that is carefully crafted to generate clicks and leads, and those campaigns need to play nicely with your website and other marketing efforts.
When done right, email marketing services for law firms reinforces your brand, improves your follow-up customer service, convinces people that you’re the right choice for their needs, and can help convert undecided leads.
Our email marketing services also allow you to start building a willing audience that is ready to hear about your new offers, services, and announcements. At Foster Web Marketing, we work side-by-side with law firms, medical practices, and other businesses to create follow up email campaigns that are tailored to your personality and help you reach your goals.
Need a little guidance to get started?
What Email Marketing Services Does FWM Provide?
Our email marketing services for law firms take many different approaches:
- Automated follow-up emails. Automate the follow-up process so that you never leave a prospect hanging. Follow-up emails are sent automatically after a contact performs an action on your website, like downloading a free offer or subscribing to your newsletter.
- Email “blasts.” If there’s a major event, or you have big news to share, you can send a one-time “blast” of highly focused content to your target audience.
- Ongoing “drip” campaigns. “Drip” campaigns are automated email campaigns that are sent out in intervals, often after someone has filled out a contact form or requested an offer. These sets of emails can address common questions, prepare the contact for what to expect, or simply remind them that you’re ready to help.
- Teaser emails. When you have something new to share, send out brief emails that compel readers to click through to your website or a social media platform for an offer or more information.
- Email newsletters. Email newsletters keep contacts informed and offer a variety of content to appeal to your audience. They are sent out on an ongoing basis, and contacts can choose to subscribe or unsubscribe. Learn more about our newsletter services for attorneys and doctors (Link to newsletter practice area page).
What Kinds of Emails Should You Be Using to Boost Your Law Firm's Message?
First, decide what you want to accomplish with your email campaign. Next, think about what your audience has responded to on your website, on social media platforms, and through other marketing avenues.
Whether you want to stay in touch with a brief note or share in-depth information with your audience, we have hands-on experience crafting email campaigns that work.
How to Build an Effective Attorney Email Marketing Campaign
You need a strategy for your email campaigns and a good plan for how they will fit into the overall picture of your marketing plan and goals. As you craft your perfect email campaign, you should always aim to:
- Understand your perfect client
- Use language that is easy to understand
- Address fears and answer questions
- Leave your audience wanting more
- Link back to relevant website content and offers
Add a strong call to action, and be consistent in your follow-up efforts so that your audience knows what to expect.
Keep in mind that it’s not always the pitch that’s a problem, but the pitch that your readers weren’t expecting, weren’t set up for, or didn’t ask to hear. Remember to schedule content ahead of time so that you know everything is ready to go and don’t give the impression of moving in awkward stops and starts.
If you can’t manage it all in-house, look for a passionate marketing firm to help you develop an email strategy that will boost your success.
You don’t necessarily need to work with a marketing company to be successful with email and follow-up campaigns, but you should consider looking for guidance if you’re not getting the kinds of results you want to see.
DSS Makes Email Marketing Easy for Law Firms
DSS (Dynamic Self-Syndication™) helps you put together tailored templates and consistently produce professional-looking emails in continuity with your website and branding.
Using the DSS CRM you can easily schedule email blasts, create auto-responses, set up email follow-up campaigns, and stay top of mind with email newsletters.
DSS offers a convenient reporting of the performance of your email campaigns, including the number of opens, open rates, clicks, CTR, and opt-outs, giving you important insight into what’s working and what needs adjustment. DSS also makes it easy to edit and update the email content you create.