Think of your Google AdWords copy like you would a haiku: it’s short, and it is subject to rules and regulations, but it can be extremely creative, effective, and evocative. You only have four lines to convince a reader to visit your website, so every letter and space is important. And you want to attract the kind of reader that is looking for your services – another challenge entirely.
Here are seven tips on how to write the most effective Google AdWords copy for your attorney website:
- Be specific. A vague ad is a bad ad. The more specific your ad is, the more likely it is to get clicks from people who are actually looking for what you have to offer.
- Be creative. How are you going to separate yourself from the pack? Creativity can go a long way, and avoiding the same old copy that everyone else is using can help. Just understand that too much creativity can be confusing for readers. If you try a creative ad, be sure to follow up on how effective it is.
- Be clear. Clarity may be the most important aspect of your ad. Don’t sacrifice clarity to fit in a few extra words or make an extra point. And always be wary of grammar issues, spacing problems, and spelling mistakes. Always have someone else proofread your ads.
- Share your unique selling proposition (USP). Separating yourself from the competition is absolutely vital when it comes to Google AdWords – remember that their ads may be above or below yours. Be sure to include information about why your website and your law firm is different from the others.
- Use your display URL as an extra line of advertising. You only get four lines to advertise your attorney website with an AdWord ad. One entire line is your URL. Why not use your URL as a fourth line of advertising by making sure it contains your keyword or other important information?
- Remember a call to action. Although it is a violation of AdWords rules to encourage readers to click your URL, it is not against the rules to include a general call to action, such as encouraging your audience to talk to a lawyer, download an ebook, or schedule a meeting.
- Test and experiment. By far, the best way to write effective AdWords ads is to track how successful each of your ads is and to try out a few different strategies. Sometimes, it might not even be clear why certain words and tactics work better than others, but the numbers don’t lie.
Need assistance with your Google AdWords campaign or your attorney marketing strategy? Contact our team at Foster Web Marketing today at 888.886.0939.