You’ve Got Questions About Web Marketing Services. We’ve Got Answers!
We strongly believe that there are no bad questions. However, there are bad answers. To combat the misinformation littering the web about Internet marketing, we’ve compiled a list of common marketing services questions and answers. You can rest assured that the answers you get—written by our in-house, U.S.-based team—are second to none.
- Page 1
How should I update my marketing in 2018?
Online marketing has changed a lot over the years, and those changes can happen fast. Are you ready for a fresh perspective? With the start of the new year, here are the three things to do that we believe will have the biggest impact on your online success in 2018.
Marketing to Your Perfect Client
Over the past few years, Google has set the pace for marketers to get back to the basics with their online marketing. It’s no longer about attempting to “game the system.” Instead, Google urges marketers to create websites, content, and ads that speak directly to the people they want to attract. Everything you do should be helpful and relevant to your perfect clients. While keywords and behind-the-scenes SEO still play a part, all the content you create should be created with your audience firmly in mind. From meeting your clients in online “micro moments” to creating targeted ads on social media, it’s all about knowing your audience and delivering something that will wow them.
Your current and potential clients should be impressed everywhere they run into you online. It’s up to you to create the content they want to see and to deliver that information quickly, conveniently, and smoothly. In practical terms, achieving this goal might mean updating your website to current standards, developing a stronger content strategy, changing up your paid ads, or simply spending some extra time meditating on exactly who your perfect clients are and how to reach them better. If you aim to deliver a perfect customer experience and user experience online, you’ll ultimately get more mileage out of your digital marketing dollars.
Marketing to Local Audiences
Google has put more emphasis on local SEO over the last few years, and we expect to see that trend continue. In fact, Google has been making a lot of adjustments to local search recently. With those changes, we've seen some clients suffer from not being in their target area in Google's eyes, so they aren't showing up as often in local packs. This is definitely something to keep an eye on over the next year. Local results will likely continue to grow in relevance and popularity, especially as mobile traffic continues to increase online.
Need a refresher on local SEO basics? Find out more about how to improve your performance in local search.
Marketing to Mobile Audiences
Mobile was important last year, and it’s going to be even more important this year. If we’ve learned anything at all about digital marketing in the last few years, it’s that mobile is here to stay. In terms of specifics, we believe it will be important to continue to emphasize mobile-first development. The AMP Project, an open-source initiative that aims to provide faster and better online performance across all devices, will be a part of this. Our goal is to roll out AMP across the board in 2018.
That’s not the only reason mobile search is important, though. Google also rewards mobile-friendly sites with better search rankings. It all ties back into providing a seamless and convenient user experience for your target audiences. Whether they choose to interact with business online via desktop computer or mobile smartphone, they are looking for a consistently excellent experience. If your mobile site doesn’t work right or is difficult to use, they will tap away to competitors who can give them what they want.
Online mobile technology is moving fast. If we haven't updated your mobile site in the last year or two, it could probably use an overhaul. Reach out to us for a free website analysis with our experts, and let’s talk about what it will take to update your mobile functionality and improve your website for better leads and more conversions in the new year.
How can I improve my marketing and get better quality patients or clients?
Stop marketing to clients or patients that you don't like dealing with. By identifying your less-than-ideal patient or client type—and focusing in on your ideal—you'll be able to get more of the cases and clients you want. To begin, we need you to get a little mean.
Who Were Your Least Favorite Clients or Patients?
It may seem like bad karma to focus on the bad, but to get a better idea of how to market to your perfect patient or client, you have to know who you don't enjoy working with. Here are some specific examples that we've gotten from clients. Do any of these sound familiar to you?
- Personal injury attorneys: Personal injury attorneys usually have at least one type of case or client that they're tired of taking on. Minor car accident injuries, people without proper insurance coverage, and those who overstate their injuries are all examples of less-than-ideal clients.
- Plastic surgeons: Every doctor has procedures or patients they'd rather not deal with, and plastic surgeons are no exception. Examples of this include invasive face lifts, patients who pay with credit, and patients who are extremely high maintenance.
We often speak with clients who complain that they only get cases they dislike. And while we would like to blame this on their local market, the truth is that they have brought it on themselves.
They have been marketing to a too-broad audience or, in many cases, to a demographic that they don't particularly care for. Why? Because they think it's the only way and that they must take on clients or patients that aren't fun or profitable.
Stop Selling Yourself Short
It's time to stop settling for second best. It's time to take the future of your practice into your own hands by defining your perfect client or patient and marketing directly to this person.
For help narrowing down exactly who this is and how to market to them, call 888-886-0939. We know how to help busy professionals build a practice with quality clients and patients that they love to work with. You can enjoy your job again, and we can help.
I don't have a lot of time. What do you think is the best way for me to learn more about marketing my law firm online?
With our 10-CD/DVD set, you can choose when and where you listen or watch. If you don't have the time to attend the FWM Academy, consider purchasing and using our CD/DVD FWM Academy set. The set gives you the freedom to learn at your own pace when you do have time.
Use the set when you would usually be listening to the radio, your iPod, or watching TV. Soon enough, you'll have the tools you need to achieve your dreams of a highly successful law firm. Listen or watch:
- In the car
- At home
- Between appointments with clients
- On your long Saturday run (What could be more motivating than successful attorney marketing tips?!)
Attorney Marketing Information at Your Fingertips
To get the latest and greatest information for law firms, sign up for our RSS feed. Doing so will give you immediate access to every blog we post. There’s no need to visit the website—just read over the blog in e-mail form and move on with your day.
Also, browse our extensive library or watch some of our informative videos. If you have specific questions, head over to our FAQ section, and see if we have the answers you seek. And, as always, we are here answer your call or email.
At Foster Web Marketing, we don't just go through the motions. We love what we do. Our team is passionate about teaching attorneys the best ways to blow away their competition and take their firms to the next level.
If you're ready to embrace the latest and greatest in internet marketing for lawyers, call 888.886.0939. Let's get you on a path toward fulfilling that long-forgotten, but no less powerful, dream for a successful practice.
Is there a limit to the number of free books I can order from your site?
No. Order as many of the nine books and guides we are currently offering as you like. They are a great way to understand the current trends and best practices in legal marketing.
Once you've ordered the books you want, check back on a regular basis to ensure that you have the latest books and guides. Our team is continually penning new books and legal marketing guides. In this way, we can provide you with the information you need while it's still current and fresh.
Staying on top of current trends in attorney marketing is what we do, and it's who we are. And we don't hold on to "industry secrets." We share them with attorneys who are ready to take control of their websites and the success of their law firms.
Choose Your Destiny
Foster Web Marketing is built on the idea that attorneys are intelligent and sophisticated enough to run their own marketing campaigns. We want to give you all the tools you need, support you when you need us, and give you the freedom to manage your own website when you are ready to do so.
However, if you'd rather have us take the wheel, we certainly can. Our writing, design, and SEO teams are ready and willing to take over the design and maintenance of your site, shoot videos on your behalf, and even run your social media campaigns.
To learn more about your options, call 888.886.0939. We are here to answer your questions and provide top-notch attorney marketing services. Are you ready explode your practice, take control of your destiny, and realize the success you've only dreamed of?
What are the benefits of ordering and using the educational CD set?
The benefits are numerous, but the top three reasons to order your FWM CD and DVD learning kit are:
- The ability to learn at your leisure. You can learn when and where you want to. Listen to the CD's during your commute, or pop in the DVD while making dinner. Look over the workbook, and fill out the in-depth worksheets before bed. Soon enough, you have a handle on all things lawyer web marketing.
- Extensive information. We didn't skimp on the amount of information in the learning kit. We lay out all we know about running your website, writing effective content, starting a social media campaign, the best SEO practices, and much more. And, if you get done and still have questions, call us! We are happy to help.
- No sales pitch. We have no interest in hard sales, especially when you are trying to learn all you can about building and maintaining your own marketing campaign. The set is pure, unadulterated education for attorneys who want to run their own websites.
Ordering Your FWM Learning Kit
To get started, visit the FWM Learning Kit order page. We often run promotions on the kit, making ordering today a smart and economical decision.
If you're not quite ready to order, please feel free to call us. We can help you decide the best way to get the information you need. Don't forget that we offer monthly webinars for clients and run the FWM Academy, an intensive program designed to meet the specific needs of attorneys. You can take control of the success of your website and your practice. We can show you how.
How important is it to hire an outside SEO team to handle my online attorney marketing?
Well, how important it is to hire an outside SEO team depends entirely on your own goals and the needs of your law firm. It is possible to do all of your online marketing on your own, but, if you want it to be effective, it will probably require a large time commitment. If you don’t want to hire an outside SEO team to market your law firm online, you may look into:
- Handling your own online marketing. This is an attractive option, especially for small business owners who want to take an active hand in how they appear to potential clients. If you have the time to put in the research, create regular content, and adjust to new trends and changes, then we strongly encourage you to try it yourself!
- Training someone in your office to handle your online marketing concerns. If you don’t have time to handle your own SEO, you may consider training an in-house employee to do it for you. Be aware, though, that great online marketing can easily become a full-time job depending on the size of your business.
No matter what you choose or how much control you’d like to have over your online marketing, Foster Web Marketing is always here with guidance and support if you need a hand.
Ready to get started? If you’d like to learn more about why search engine rankings matter and how to start connecting with more clients and contacts on your own, the FWM Academy may be right for you. You can join us in person for a rigorous online marketing workshop, or you can take advantage of the convenience of our CD or DVD learning kits. To learn more, just give us a call at 1-888-886-0939, or fill out the online contact form on this page!
I love the idea of “white hat” SEO, but I’d like to do it myself. Do you offer any hands-on online marketing workshops for the do-it-yourselfers?
If you’re just dipping your toes into the world of online marketing, or if you’d simply like to have more control when it comes to your attorney SEO, participating in one of our intensive online marketing workshops may be right for you!
Foster Web Marketing offers several options for the do-it-yourselfers out there, including:
- A hands-on, 2-day workshop. A few times throughout the year, we offer a rigorous, two-day FWM Academy workshop, which will run you through the basics of SEO, content creation, building a great attorney website, and more. This is a great option for the hands-on learner or the business owner who wants complete control.
- Monthly webinars. If you’re interested in just learning more about refining your online marketing plan and staying current with search engine changes, our monthly webinars can be a great option. We focus on a new and relevant topic every month, and we try to provide the most practical and effective information available.
- CD and DVD learning kits. If you don’t have time to join us in person, you can still reap the benefits of our training courses with the FWM Academy kit. The kit includes ten discs and an easy-to-use textbook that will have you ready to start taking the reins when it comes to your online presence.
If you’d like to learn more about our online marketing workshops, please feel free to give us a call at 1-888-886-0939 or fill out the convenient online contact form on this page for more information. While you’re at it, don’t forget to also request your FREE copy of one of our many informative books about attorney websites, social media marketing, and doing SEO right. Just give us a call to receive your complimentary copy today!
Do you offer any in-person attorney marketing training sessions?
Yes! Several times a year, Foster Web Marketing holds 2-day educational and training sessions geared toward law offices of all sizes that wish to learn more about successfully marketing their services online. Called the “Foster Web Marketing Academy,” these intensive weekend sessions not only allow you to learn everything you need to know about online lawyer marketing, but also give you the opportunity to meet our team, talk with other attorneys from around the country, and ask questions about your marketing strategy in person.
It is important to understand that these Academy sessions are geared toward motivated, hands-on attorneys who want to actively participate in creating and managing their online marketing strategy – not for attorneys who wish to delegate their marketing needs to others (we have separate services for these lawyers!). While not all of our marketing plans and tips will work for every law firm, we find that every person who attends leaves smarter, more motivated, and ready to implement at least a few big changes.
Does the Foster Web Marketing Academy sound like the right choice for you? Or would you simply like to learn more about the training program? Call us today at 888-886-0939 to get the details, see if it is right for you, and connect with our marketing team.
How can Foster Web Marketing help me learn how to do my own attorney marketing?
At Foster Web Marketing, we believe that education is key to improving your marketing efforts – whether you simply want to understand the process and help with decision making, or whether you want to take control of your law firm marketing strategy completely on your own. We offer our attorneys a number of ways to get the education and training they need to gain knowledge and help themselves succeed.
We offer two official marketing training programs to attorneys and other professionals. The first is a series of two-day seminars in which you learn how to improve your business and get new leads through internet marketing. These training sessions help you understand every aspect of online marketing and how to take control by yourself. For those who cannot attend the seminar in person (or choose not to), we also offer a 10-disc DVD and CD collection that comes with a textbook and work book. This at-home program contains much of the information covered in our seminars.
In addition to these two training program offers, we also have a wealth of information in our online article library and our blog. If you need personalized assistance, our marketing team is also willing and ready to help on a one-on-one level. Just give us a call today at 888-886-0939, and let us know your goals and your needs.
What are the disadvantages of doing your own online attorney marketing?
In our last frequently asked question (FAQ), we listed the advantages of doing your own attorney marketing. Next, we will cover the disadvantages of tackling all of your marketing strategies by yourself:
- Marketing – especially doing marketing right – takes up a significant amount of time.
- You may have difficulty keeping up to date on the latest attorney marketing news and trends.
- Handling your own marketing plan may take time away from your primary job of helping clients with their legal issues.
- Doing your own marketing may mean less time away from work and with your family.
- While you can do your own marketing campaigns, you may not be able to do them as well as professionals who specialize in marketing for a living.
- Outsourcing your marketing needs may mean that your marketing projects get done faster.
- You will have to take time to learn the basics of marketing before you get started.
- You may have to hire an in-house employee to help you with marketing tasks.
- You may have difficulty measuring the success of your marketing efforts without help.
After reading about the pros and cons of choosing do-it-yourself marketing, some attorneys decide that they need help, while others decide that they’d like to learn the ropes and take control. Most lawyers take the middle path and choose to take on some marketing projects while outsourcing others. Whatever you decide, we can help. Call Foster Web Marketing today to learn about our marketing services and our marketing training opportunities at 888-886-0939.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.