Matthew D. Kaiser is an international sports attorney who works with athletes and sports groups. He handles matters related to doping, misconduct, ineligibility, governance issues, and generally represents athletes at the highest level. He is an influential member of the Global Sports Advocates (GSA) team in Portland, Maine, and has been a full-time sports attorney since 2017. Before working at GSA, he was a student in the International Sports Law Master’s program at the Instituto Superior de Derecho y Economía (ISDE) based in Madrid, Spain.
Here’s a Glimpse of What You’ll Learn
- Standards of Evaluation for Performance Enhancing Drugs
- Nuances in Advocating for Athletes Following Positive Drug Test Results
- GSA's Biggest Victories in the Sports Law Space
- A Sports Law Attorney's Take on a High-Profile Doping Case
- Staying Up to Date With Changes in the World Anti-Doping Code
- What It's Like Working With Global Sports Advocates
- The Elements of Advising Athletes in the Digital Space
In This Episode...
Understanding all elements of a successful doping case takes patience, research, unrelenting determination, and a strong moral compass. Matt's mentor, Paul Greene, says, "Even if there's a 0.001% chance of winning the case, there's still a chance and you can find that one slim corridor to run through and save the client. It's never over until it's actually over." Matt holds this principle as a guiding light in even his toughest cases, showing the world that GSA is the team any athlete would want when unfairly facing a potentially career-ending situation.
Speakers Featured in This Episode
This episode is brought to you by Foster Web Marketing.
Foster Web Marketing is dedicated to providing cutting-edge, highly customizable marketing and strategic solutions specifically designed for law firms and medical practices.
Our award-winning marketing and systems solutions are what sets us apart from everyone else.