A mobile website is different from a traditional website for a number of reasons: it is largely used by people on the go, it is largely used for local searches, and it is used on much smaller screens than traditional laptops and desktops. For these reasons, the design of a mobile website needs to be different than that of your regular attorney website:
- Easily accessible contact information. Many mobile web users are looking for information quickly, such as phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, and directions.
- Quickly loading pages. Studies have shown that mobile users quickly navigate away from pages that don’t load within a few seconds.
- Simple layout. Simplicity is good for all websites, but it is absolutely vital for mobile websites. Make sure your site doesn’t require horizontal scrolling, and make sure that your users aren’t overwhelmed by too much content, too many images, or other bells and whistles.
- Social media links. People often use their phones to be active on social networking websites like Facebook and Twitter. Be sure that they can access your social media pages and follow you from your mobile website.
- A chance to view your full site. In some cases, a user may want to visit your traditional homepage from their mobile device. For those people, make sure there is a well-placed button that offers that option.
Ready to design your law office mobile website? We can help. Call Foster Web Marketing’s mobile web design team today at 888.886.0939.