Foster Web Marketing (FWM) has always taken careful measures to ensure the privacy of your website information. The security of your data is important to us, and we’re serious about protecting it. After Congress passed the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) that established regulations for the security and privacy of health data, we began addressing those challenging requirements. We spent a great deal of time, money, and effort to ensure that all protected health information (PHI) communicated through our clients’ websites was safe and secure.
We’ve made great strides in meeting these challenges, and we’re pleased to announce technical enhancements to our content management solution, DSS™, that are HIPAA compliant. Responding to these requirements means we will better safeguard your clients’ important and confidential information as it is communicated electronically. These enhancements have been designed for:
- Webmail. The client contact section on your website is fully secured, so there is never confidential webmail information traveling back and forth unprotected. Contact form details will now be sent to you via a link to access the information through DSS’s secure login portal. Even if you use a non-secure, third-party email solution, all client information entered into your website forms is fully encrypted and stored fully encrypted on our systems.
- Contact, book orders, and forms. We’ve implemented two types of important security features for clients who send information via your website:
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption, a standard security technology, establishes an encrypted link between a server and a client—such as a web server and a browser or a mail server and a mail client. It provides secured data transfer of all sensitive information between FWM and external, third-party companies used by our clients.
- Encrypted CRM tag labels provide security if you apply marketing labels to client or prospect contact records. This encryption protects against the exposure of any confidential information communicated when using this powerful segmentation tool if you divide your contact database into specific lists or groups. Access to this data is controlled even within our own FWM development environment.
- Passwords. We have implemented password controls that include mandatory password changes every 90 days; the requirement of strong passwords with specific character stipulations; and automatic disabling of logins not used in 90 days.
- DSS access. FWM has implemented an automatic logoff. For HIPAA users, any DSS session will expire after 15 minutes without activity. For non-HIPAA users, a session expires after 60 minutes without activity.
- Access to HIPAA compliance features. Clients can decide if they want FWM to activate these features for their websites.
- FWM servers. Our data servers are housed in a tier-one data center facility. This facility has controlled access, fire systems, gas- and natural gas-based generators, and uninterruptable power supplies.
In addition to these enhancements, we provide you with secure email communication within your own office. Using a few easy setting changes, you can make your email software programs and devices secure within your own working environment.
FWM always strives to be HIPAA compliant and believes that being compliant is not something you simply accomplish—it’s a way of doing business. We invested significant energy and time to enhance DSS with modifications to our technical infrastructure, and these security updates and changes make our DSS software HIPAA compliant and your customer data safer.
We Are Dedicated to Your Privacy and the Privacy of Your Clients
So, what does all of this mean for you? Safety. Privacy. Security. The technical changes we’ve made assure you that all the data we host for you on our servers and in DSS—your website and contact information and the marketing data about your clients—is more secure. Because we are always looking for ways to improve the quality of the products and service we provide, these changes are part of what you get for partnering with FWM, at no additional cost!
What’s more, providing additional security and privacy gives your clients more confidence when communicating details about their health concerns, problems, or conditions through your website.
We at Foster Web Marketing are proud of the HIPAA compliant work we’ve done and continue to do to make DSS the best, safest, and most secure content management solution available. As always, we are dedicated to making you more successful, and through our newly enhanced DSS features, we are providing you the privacy and security to help you be just that. If you have any questions about our new security features or the changes we’ve made toward HIPAA compliance, please contact our Customer Service team.