Last Updated: December 2018
The main purpose of your home page is to highlight the resources you offer and get your audience to dig deeper. It should provide a taste of your brand and personality in simple language, give the most important information front and center, and make it easy to get to relevant pages on your site. To that end, the content on your home page should include:
- Your contact information
- A brief overview of who you are, what you do, and why it matters
- The types of problems you can help with
- Basic information with pointers to more in-depth articles and pages
- Headers that are direct and address common concerns
- Calls to action that encourage readers to explore the site further or reach out to you
Don’t overwhelm your audience by telling potential clients everything you want to say at once. Keep your home page clean and concise, and focus on using it as a way to funnel readers to the specific pages they’re really looking for.
Access the Home page under the Content section of your navigation. You will see all of the standard content fields for the home page of your website, but you may notice more items on the live page than you see in DSS. Your Practice Areas and Locations will automatically populate here.
Need help navigating this section of DSS? Give us a call at 888-886-0939.