Proper Web Development for Attorneys
How do you currently add content? Can you login and add something within the matter of minutes, or do you have to exchange e-mails with your web design company just to get something added or changed (and probably pay them every time you have this done)?
The amount of content that you have on your website is THE MOST important aspect to increasing search engine rankings, visits, and chances of generating leads online. The amount of inbound links that your website has, the on-page optimization, domain age.... all of these are important, but nowhere near as important as having informative and relevant content.
Next time you get a chance, go to Google and do a search for "site:http://www.yoursitedomain.com" (and of course plug in your websites domain). This will result in a list of how many pages from your website are indexed in Google (yes, we know Yahoo!, MSN, and other search engines are just as important, but usually, if you're doing well with Google, you'll also be doing well with the others). The more pages of content that you have, as long as these pages are relevant to your website offering, the better chances you have of obtaining more visitors. This is because:
1. The more content that you add to your website, the more authority that Google and other search engines will give your site. They don't care about a regular business site with 10 pages that talk about nothing but the business and their services. It's called the INFORMATION super highway, they care about web sites that bring something to the table. They care about sites that have content that people actually care about and can use.
2. Not everyone searches for the same keywords. The more content that you add, the better chances that you have of capturing visitors who are searching for variations of different keywords. Are you adding frequently asked questions, knowing that sometimes someone will search for something like "What should I do if I was just in a car accident"? If there was just a big case and someone searched for the names involved to find out if maybe they have a chance at something similar, do you have a blog post up offering your opinion and feedback? Do you offer information regarding anything relevant to your practice area(s) which is medical-related?
If you're not doing these things, you're already four steps behind the competition. The days where you pay a web design company a few grand to build a website and have it sit there for two years without making any updates are over, the attorneys and firms who are taking the initiative to add informative content on a regular basis and properly developing their web sites are the ones who are generating the most leads online.
Read more about DSS and Foster Web Marketing's content development options.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
- Posted on 02/08/2019What Clickbait Teaches Us About Attracting Attention Online
- Posted on 02/01/2019Critical Tips for Managing Your Email List
- Posted on 01/08/2019Different Types of Search Results for Attorneys
- "We are very happy with where we are and where we’re headed." Coy Browning
- “We have doubled, or even tripled, leads coming from the internet. Before, I was getting around 1,400 website sessions per month. Now, I’m getting 3,000 per month.” Brenda Geiger, Geiger Law Office P.C.
- "You guys exceeded my expectations! This was exactly what I wanted." Lucas Foust
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.