Some people love to hate Google because of all its updates, changes, and rules. We acknowledge that this can be frustrating, but we also know how valuable the search tool is! And, every now and then, Google gives us a gift that doesn’t require a mad dash to fix our backlink profiles or clean up our over-stuffed content.
This time, we’re excited to receive Google’s gift called “Universal Analytics!” You should be excited, too.
Whether you have your own personal Google Analytics account set up for your website, or you use the information that Foster Web Marketing supplies (or both—bravo!), you should know that Google Analytics is upgrading to “Universal Analytics.”
Universal Analytics will give websites:
- Better mobile tracking
- The ability to track user IDs across all devices
- Demographic information
- “Lighter weight” for your website (performs in a less resource-intensive way so as to not slow down user experience)
- Better marketing integration
- Better forward compatibility
It’s important to note that if you’re a client of Foster Web Marketing, you automatically have a Google Analytics account set up for your website, and therefore your account has been already upgraded to Universal Analytics.
And even if you're not a client, Google has automatically upgraded most accounts, so chances are you don’t need to worry about doing it yourself. However, we operate by the philosophy “trust but verify,” so if you want to verify that your account is good to go, just follow these steps:
- Login to your personal Google Analytics account.
- Go to your Admin page.
- If you see “Tracking Info” under the “Property” column (the middle column), that means your account is already upgraded. You’re done!
- If you don’t see “Tracking Info” and instead see “Tracking Code,” then your account has not been upgraded. There should be an option in that same middle “Property” column that says “Universal Analytics Upgrade.” Click this and follow the steps.
As always if you need any help at all, or would like us to walk you through the new features, call 888-886-0939 or shoot us an email.