If you’re reading this, you’re probably already proactive about keeping your website updated and maintained. You probably blog and add on-site articles regularly, and you’ve probably added new pages and offers as your practice has developed its services over time.
But are you starting to suffer from high bounce rates? Are your page rankings lagging over time? Has it been a while since your website has generated any solid contacts or clients? In short, do you feel like maybe you’ve hit a plateau?
It’s actually not uncommon to feel that way after your website has been around for a few years.
Although website content is important, even the best content will get lost in an outdated design. And, even though regular website maintenance is important, there’s only so much you can do to prop up a website that’s running on outdated technology.
So, if you really want to get a new edge on your traffic and conversions, it might be time to think about updating your site’s design.
5 Ways to Redesign a Website for More Attraction and Conversion Power
When you redesign your website, you get a chance to rethink what both you and your users want out of it. Whether your goal is to improve traffic, convert better leads, or create a more inviting user experience, here are some ways you can do it with a redesign:
- Make your site easier to navigate. People don’t want to spend a lot of time figuring out how to get to the information they need, but the menus and navigation on your website are some of the first elements that start to feel stale. With a redesign, you can update and reorganize these kinds of elements to make sure your users can more quickly and intuitively find what they need. This is a chance to streamline the way you link your website pages together, highlight the services you most want to attract new clients to, and generally make it easier for users to navigate your website. You can even add more mobile-friendly elements, like stylized buttons and click-to-call options, as well as conversion-friendly elements, like customized panels and contact forms.
- Funnel readers to the right goal. The blogs, articles, FAQs, and landing pages that make up your website are valuable resources that do a lot to attract, convert, and retain your clients and contacts. With a redesign, you can organize that content and link it together so that it starts a more cohesive “journey” for your readers. They follow the topic that most interests them, and they get more and more relevant suggestions and offers to pursue as they get informed. As soon as they self-select what they’re interested in on your homepage, they’re moving toward the offer or service that’s most relevant to their questions. This boosts conversions and improves the user experience, especially for practices that offer a range of different services!
- Build up trust signals. The look and feel of your website get a boost with a fresh redesign, and part of that “feel” is the trust signals you include. A redesign can highlight reviews, ratings, media involvement, accolades, testimonials, and case stories. It can also add easier ways for people to connect with you on social media, share your content, explore your practice, and get to know you and your team better. You can even build in better brand recognition! All these little signals show that you are a real business and a verifiable professional, and it all reinforces your track record of making clients happy.
- Get modernized. Your potential clients’ aesthetic and practical preferences can change rapidly online. Users notice when websites are still using the same design, security, and privacy standards from a few years ago, ESPECIALLY if they connect with a smartphone or mobile device. A redesign takes away any old “clunkiness” from outdated design and mobile features, and it brings you up to date with the industry standards that protect your users and make your website compatible with newer web technology.
- Speed up the experience. High-speed internet is the norm now, and users won’t wait around for an old website to load. Page speed is a well-known ranking factor for search engines, and it’s another element that especially affects mobile users. The good news is that a redesign often increases your loading speeds, which means users get an immediate, seamless experience. If you’ve noticed that your website is slow to load, you’re probably already losing users that don’t have time to wait around!
The above aren’t the only ways a redesign can give your attraction and conversion a boost. There are truly so many little things that can be improved, and so many potential options for the design, that you might want to meet with us for a website design consultation to really get into the details. It’s all about what you want to do with it!
Will a Website Redesign Interrupt What I’m Already Doing to Get New Clients?
DSS will work with your redesigned website, and there is usually little to no downtime involved in launching the new design. The functionality of DSS doesn’t change, and you won’t lose your content, contact lists, tags, email campaigns, or anything else that you’ve put into DSS.
With your redesigned site, your emails from DSS will still be hard at work driving new leads, and your best website content will still be capturing traffic. There is essentially no interruption of the rest of your marketing machine when you redesign!
The only changes you’ll see to your website and content are the changes you made with the redesign, and everything in DSS will still look, feel, and work the way you’re used to.
So, don’t worry about it! Your website will look and function better after your redesign, and you’ll still have the same, familiar access to everything you’ve built up in DSS over time.
Questions about DSS and your redesign? You can contact us at 888.886.0939.
Entice More Traffic and Conversions With a Fresh Website Redesign
If your website is already performing well, a redesign can focus on getting you up to current standards and maintaining your slow-and-steady increases over time. If your website is showing some deeper wear and tear, or if you want to explore new ways to capture potential clients, then a more intensive makeover might be in order. It all depends on your goals, your current performance, and the kinds of clients you want to attract!
But, if you think you’re already losing traffic and conversions to an outdated design, don’t wait any longer to do something about it. Let’s start talking about your goals in a website design consultation. When you work with a great team to accomplish clear goals, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
Are You Wondering If Your Law Firm Or Medical Practice Website Is Standing Up To The Competition? It's Likely Time For A Website Redesign.
If you're convinced your website is outdated, chances are it is. Help is available, however. Please contact us online or call our office directly at 888.866.0939 to schedule your free website redesign consultation with our experienced marketing team. We have been helping clients throughout the United States and internationally since 1998 and are confident we can help you not only reach, but exceed your goals.