These days, just filling out a social media profile on Facebook is not enough. If you really want to explode your practice with the power of social media marketing for attorneys, you need to avoid making these common mistakes:
- You’re not making use of images and videos. If you’re not adding relevant images and videos to posts and profiles, you’re probably missing out. Adding these visuals can make your social media presence more interesting to your readers – and it helps create trust and comfort since they can see your face and hear your voice.
- Your profile and posts are full of typos. If your posts and your profile are full of typos and poor grammar, your readers will notice – and it will detract from the professional image you hope to project. Take the extra time to make sure your social media is as professional as you are.
- You never post or update. If you’ve made a profile but never post or Tweet or update, then your readers aren’t likely to keep checking back. With online marketing in general, and social media marketing in particular, more is better – make sure you’re updating on a regular schedule so your audience doesn’t forget you exist!
- You don’t respond when your audience reaches out. Don’t forget to put the “social” in “social media.” If users respond to your posts or ask questions, make sure you reach out with a prompt, appropriate, and personalized response. The real benefit of social media is the ability to reach out to your potential clients – if you’re not going to respond, then you’re almost better off not dabbling in social media at all.
- You spam the same information over and over. As much as we talk about regular posting and great content, there is such a thing as too much information. Don’t overload or annoy your friends and followers with a constant stream of spam.
- You can’t find the right balance between formal and informal. Although social media almost demands a more informal approach, it’s important to strike the right balance between professional and casual. While you might want to show your human side by talking a little about your hobbies outside of the office, you’ll want to stop short of duking out a family quarrel on your Facebook page.
Need help finding the right balance with your social media marketing for attorneys? Speak with the online marketing experts at Foster Web Marketing today to learn more about how to make social media work for you – or we’d be happy to talk about how we can handle it for you! Just give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or fill out our online contact form for more information.
While you’re at it, don’t forget to request your free copy of our helpful book 7 Biggest Mistakes Lawyers Make With Their Web Marketing That Cost Them Millions in Cases, Clients, and Profits. This informative guide is full of great tips for improving your attorney website and will start explaining the basics of bringing in more contacts and more clients with your law firm’s online presence. Just give us a call today to receive your complimentary copy!