Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Website Design and Marketing for Attorneys, Doctors, and Other Professionals
Below are some questions many clients have when they first contact Foster Web Marketing about the online marketing world.
The questions below may address many initial concerns you may have. If you don't find your answers here, you should contact us for answers to any questions specific to your firm.
- Page 10
Why should I post my attorney marketing video to YouTube and other video sites?
You might be surprised at how many people are turning to video as a main source of news and information online. While some people may be directed to your website in search of videos about their legal issues, it’s more likely that a typical internet user will first turn to dedicated video search sites like YouTube. That’s why it’s so important not to limit your attorney video marketing to just your website!
Posting your video to YouTube as well as your own attorney website provides many important SEO benefits, including:
- Posting your video to dedicated video sites offers more ways for potential clients to find your video.
- It’s easy for viewers to comment on your video, post it to social media sites, and share with friends and family.
- Your overall search engine rankings could increase if you upload your video to YouTube.
- Video sites provide a built-in audience and can drive new traffic to your main attorney website or other videos and content.
Interested in getting started with attorney video marketing? The video SEO team with Foster Web Marketing can help! Give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or get started by filling out the online contact form on this page. To learn more about the wild world of online video marketing, please also request our helpful, FREE guide, The Small Business Guide to YouTube: How to Get Found by the World’s Most Aggressive Internet Users …And Never Miss Another Lead.
I've been hearing a lot about SMO. What is it, and how does it affect my marketing campaign?
Like search engine optimization for your website, social media optimization (SMO) is a big part of garnering attention for your business through social media sites. Just as in any marketing effort, SMO requires work. You need to think about the needs of your audience, stay in front of them, and treat the content you post on Facebook with the same care as the content you post on your website.
The Do's of SMO
For an effective social media campaign, follow this list of do's:
- Post regularly. On most sites, once a day is plenty. You can get away with several times a day on Twitter, but that many posts on Facebook would be seen as spammy.
- Edit your posts. Self-edit by reading posts out loud or, better yet, ask someone else to look them over.
- Promote your content. Warm up your audience by posting a quote from a blog or article the day before you post it.
- Respond. If you got a phone call or e-mail, you would respond. The same goes for your social media accounts. Respond to every comment or personal message in a timely manner—within 24 hours at the most.
- Set a goal. What do you want to get out of social media? Create long- and short-term goals to guide your social media efforts. An example of a short-term goal might be “get over 100 likes,” while a long-term goal may be “get more car accident injury clients.”
Need more help getting a law firm social media marketing plan in place? Call 888.886.0939. Our team can help you implement a plan, or we can take over your accounts and do the work ourselves. No matter what you choose to do, act soon. Social media is quickly becoming a powerful marketing tool for attorneys.
How can your attorney website content management system help me locate and fix underperforming landing pages?
At Foster Web Marketing, we understand how important it is to keep an eye on the analytics data for your site. After all, your online marketing efforts are just a gamble if you don’t know what you’re doing well and how you could improve. While some content management systems make you look elsewhere for clear analytics data, our Dynamic Self-Syndication™ (DSS™) system features key analytics data for every page on your site.
Locating Problem Pages with DSS™
With DSS™, it’s easy to see which pages aren’t performing well. Each time you log in, you’ll be able to quickly access the bounce rate, number of visits, time spent on page, and more. You’ll immediately be able to determine which pages need attention and which pages are creating a positive buzz among your visitors.
Fixing Unpopular Pages is Easy with DSS™
Beyond having analytics data at your fingertips, our content management system makes it easy to edit, update, or delete poorly performing content. You can easily search for a page, use the built-in text editor to make changes, and add videos, pictures, free offers, and links to make the page more appealing. And the best part is that you can make as many changes as you want while your main website stays live!
If you’d like to learn more about our all-in-one Dynamic Self-Syndication™ (DSS™) attorney website content management solution, reach out to the friendly team at Foster Web Marketing today. Just give us a call at 1-888-886-0939, or fill out the online contact form on this page to get started today!
Why does my attorney website content management system matter so much?
The content management system you use to maintain your attorney website is a key behind-the-scenes player in making your site a success. Your content management system is what allows you to make needed changes and updates to ensure that your website is working for you as online marketing trends and client needs change. If you choose the wrong content management solution, you may find that it’s difficult to use your website to its full effect, especially over time.
Not Every Website Content Management System Is the Same
Your content management system shouldn’t be a barrier to maintaining a great website. With the right content management system, you should be able to easily and quickly:
- Update your website with new articles
- Access and update your website’s internal blog
- Add video content and free offers
- Allow other representatives from your law office to make updates and changes
- Reorganize and delete old content
- Edit existing content
- Update and make minor changes without downtime
- Search for and locate pages that aren’t performing well
If you are looking for an all-in-one attorney website content management solution, try out our easy-to-use Dynamic Self-Syndication (DSS) system. It’s a benefit available to all of our Foster Web Marketing clients, and we’d be happy to show you and your office how to use it to maintain your attorney website. Give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or get started by filling out the easy online contact form on this page!
Is YouTube considered a social media site?
Yes. Though you may only be familiar with YouTube as a place to watch funny videos of laughing babies and puppies, YouTube has firmly established itself as a social media website.
What Social Media Is
Social media is any site that provides a network of people with a place to make connections. And, as we are talking about YouTube as a social media site, what better way to show you how social media works than this popular YouTube video describing social media in easy-to-understand terms.
Now that you understand social media—and, if you don't, please ask—we will cover the best ways to use YouTube as a social media platform.
Getting 1 Million Views Is Not the Goal
Let's hope you don't achieve this kind of infamy. As an attorney, any video of you that gets that much attention is likely a bad thing—think uncontrolled tirade in the courtroom or an embarrassing fall that lands you in the lap of a jury member. Instead, you want to use YouTube to build connections and establish yourself as an authority.
Building connections and networks on YouTube can be done in many ways, including:
- Posting quality videos on a regular basis. This keeps those who subscribe to your videos interested and helps establish you as an authority in your area of law.
- Making friends with others in your field. Much like Facebook, you can send out friend requests on YouTube.
- Getting subscribers and favorites. Ask people to subscribe to your channel and favorite the videos they like. Do the same for others.
- Responding to comments. Just like other social media users, people like it when you reply to their comments. As long as they seem to be legitimate comments—not spam or trolling—write a thoughtful response.
Not sure that you have a handle on the social media marketing efforts? Call us at 888.886.0939, and our social media experts will help you make the most of your social media accounts.
Should I be using different keywords for my mobile site?
While the research is still emerging on this subject, it seems that shorter keywords can help your mobile site rank better.
Pay Attention to Keyword Length and Search Engine Suggestions
People using a mobile device—be it a phone or tablet—are using a touchscreen to type. Most people do not type as fast this way and will therefore search using shorter words and phrases. So, while a good long-tail keyword (“attorney who handles car accident cases in Bucks County, PA”) is effective for a traditional site, focusing on shorter, geo-specific keywords (“car accident attorney Bucks County”) may help your mobile search engine rankings.
In addition, people using their phones for an internet search are more likely to use keyword suggestions that pop up when they begin typing in a search. So, if they start typing “Bucks County att...” and “Bucks County Attorneys” pops up, they are likely to abandon their search and choose this option. Get to know these pop-up suggestions, and create some of your mobile keywords based on them.
Now is most certainly the time to take the leap and create a mobile site. The going isn't always easy, and the rules are always changing. However, with help from our lawyer mobile website team, you can create a mobile site that capitalizes on the ever-growing population of mobile internet users.
Call 888.886.0939 and let us show you how mobile marketing for your law firm can help you crush your competition.
What are the biggest mistakes I can make with my attorney website design?
If you’re just getting started with a new website, you may be worried that you’re going to make a mistake that accidentally drives potential clients away, instead of inviting them in. The rules of the Web change all the time, and it can be overwhelming to keep track of all the details and current best practices—and you’re definitely not alone if you feel a creeping sense of dread that you’re going to “do it wrong.”
You Might Be Able to Fix It Later, But It Will Cost You Time and Money
Although small problems can usually be fixed later without too much trouble, major mistakes could cost you a lot of time and money in the long run. For example, here are three mistakes that can cause major headaches and actually make your website work against you:
- Ugly, obviously cheap, or distracting design choices. If your colors clash, your pictures are all low resolution, or your page is stuffed with confusing menus and widgets, then your potential clients are likely to click away without reading a word.
- Sparse or low-quality content. Your potential clients turn to Google for answers. If your website doesn’t have much relevant information to offer, then visitors are going to look elsewhere. Also keep in mind that spammy or poorly written content could reflect poorly on you as a professional.
- Poor construction and broken elements. Let’s face it—if the website doesn’t work, then it’s a waste of money. Make sure your website is in working order and looks great on a range of devices.
If you are ready to build a new attorney website, or if your old site could use some love, please reach out to the friendly attorney website design team at Foster Web Marketing today for guidance. Just give us a call at 1-888-886-0939, or fill out the easy online contact form on this page for more information!
Is there any difference between mobile SEO and desktop SEO?
Yes. There are actually many ways that mobile and desktop SEO strategies differ. Some of the keys to creating an effective SEO plan for your mobile site include:
- Shorter keywords. People using their phones to search type in shorter keywords. They are also more likely to choose a selection from the dropdown menu of suggested keywords that appears as they type.
- Streamlined design. A mobile website design for a law office should be stripped down to its basics. A click-to-call button and call to action should be easily visible. Users shouldn't need to zoom in order to read the text on the pages. White space should take up most of the screen, and each page should be clutter free.
- Fast loading. Ensure that your mobile site loads with minimal wait times. Optimally, it should operate as fast as your traditional site.
With these mobile website design aspects in place, your site can be easily viewed and navigated by potential clients. People no longer have the patience to "pinch and zoom." They are used to seeing mobile sites on their phones and will become frustrated if you don't have one.
Dominate Your Local Market
If you create an effective, easy-to-use mobile site, you can and will be able to compete with the "big dog" attorneys in your local market. In fact, if they haven't embraced a mobile website for their law firm, you may soon find yourself dominating your competition.
Don't wait to get on board with mobile web design. Call 888.886.0939 today to learn more about the importance of creating a mobile website for your law office.
How can I get more people to read my attorney website content?
No matter how good it looks, your attorney website is almost useless if visitors aren’t sticking around to read what you have to say. If you want to attract more potential clients with your attorney website content and encourage them to read more, make sure you’re:
- Optimizing your content. People can’t read your attorney website content if they can’t find it! Pay attention to search engine optimization trends and incorporate relevant keywords in your content.
- Providing content your potential clients want to read. It’s not really about attracting just any reader—you want to attract potential clients. Your content should be relevant and meaningful to the type of client you’d like to attract.
- Updating regularly. If you constantly post new content, it gives readers a reason to come back and check in. And, to really make a connection with your readers, consider getting involved with blogging and social media.
- Editing before you post. Even the most interesting website content can be frustrating and useless to visitors if it’s full of misspelled words and formatting errors. Take the time to proofread and edit your content before you post it so that you look like the professional you are.
Do you have questions about content marketing or how our website content writing services can help you attract more contacts and clients for your law firm? Give the friendly content writing team with Foster Web Marketing a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or simply fill out the easy online contact form on this page to learn more!
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.