Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Website Design and Marketing for Attorneys, Doctors, and Other Professionals
Below are some questions many clients have when they first contact Foster Web Marketing about the online marketing world.
The questions below may address many initial concerns you may have. If you don't find your answers here, you should contact us for answers to any questions specific to your firm.
- Page 10
What kind of attorney website maintenance tasks can Foster Web Marketing help me with?
At Foster Web Marketing, we can be as involved—or uninvolved—in your attorney website maintenance as you are comfortable with. Here are just a few of the services we can offer to help you maintain a law firm website:
- Access to our Dynamic Self-Syndication™ (DSS™) system. DSS™ allows you to take control of your attorney website, and it makes many maintenance tasks a breeze. Add pages, delete pages, add blog posts, and edit pages all from the same place—without website downtime.
- Website content writing services. Our team of content writers can provide great copy for your website, and we can even create and post new and relevant content on a continuing basis!
- Performance data and analytics. We can show you how to find the information yourself, or we can keep an eye on where your site is doing well and where it could use a little help.
- Keyword research and SEO review. Our attorney SEO team will look into the most effective keywords for your practice areas, and we’ll keep tabs on how they perform. Additionally, we’ll tell you about (and incorporate) the latest changes to the SEO game and how to adjust in response.
- Help with link building and link maintenance. We can cultivate a great garden of links for your website using “white hat” techniques and keeping SEO in mind.
To learn more about creating an attorney website maintenance plan, or to find out more about our online marketing solutions, please reach out to the team at Foster Web Marketing today at 1-888-886-0939, or simply fill out the convenient online contact form on this page to learn more.
Will active participation on Facebook and other social media sites help boost my SEO power?
Yes. Increasingly, Google and other search engines are factoring social media activity into their ranking formulas. The ways social media factors in include:
- The number of times a site or a page on a site has been liked, shared, retweeted, stumbled upon, or +1'ed
- The number of mentions on Twitter
- The number of people who have you in their Google+ circle
- Increased brand awareness and loyalty
- More inbound links
- More positive reviews
- Decreased bounce rate
- Increased time on page
Because of this, our team encourages you to go out and embrace attorney social media. Besides being powerful, a major benefit of social media is that it's free! Create an account today. Or, if you already have an account, dust it off and begin using it again. Start by posting a link to your newest free offer or an interesting blog post. Follow up by asking a question of your audience or posting an updated picture of your office or staff. Facebook and other sites will make you appear accessible, easy to talk to, and knowledgeable. If you do it right.
But...There Is Always a But
Social media has the potential to boost your SEO power and increase awareness of your practice, but only if you do it right. Getting social media for attorneys just right isn't simple. But, once you get the hang of it, you will be able to quickly shoot out a new post or tweet, reaching potential clients who wouldn't have heard of you otherwise.
Call 888.886.0939 to speak with our social media super team about the right—and wrong—ways to engage your audience and attract new clients.
Should my mobile site look the same as my traditional site?
Your mobile site should resemble your traditional site, and they should complement one another. To achieve this, you will want to maintain:
- The same color scheme
- Similar icons
- The look of your logo
If you do this, your mobile and traditional websites will "feel" the same. Anyone who has visited your traditional site will feel at home on your mobile site. They will recognize many similar elements and appreciate it. When you are successful at maintaining consistency between the two, you will have advanced your brand recognition, which is an important step toward successful mobile web marketing for attorneys.
Then Why Can't I Have Just One Site?
If you don't have a mobile site, people will notice—and they won't like it. Why not? They won’t like it because they will have a very hard time using your traditional site on a phone or tablet. An attorney’s mobile website is a stripped-down, simple, and easy-to-navigate version of the standard site. If you don't have one, potential clients are likely to click away and find a site they can use from their phones.
Mobile use is now so popular that it's estimated about 50 percent of local searches are being done with a phone. This means that, if you don't create a mobile site, you could be missing out on nearly 50 percent of your market.
For help navigating the ever-changing world of attorney web marketing, call 888.886.0939. Our internet marketing team specializes in helping attorneys dominate the competition through SEO-friendly content, web design, and video. Don't settle for merely surviving—this is your year to thrive!
Do I really need a search box on my attorney website?
It really depends. Offering a search box can help you provide a more user-friendly experience for your web audience. But, on the other hand, a search box is pretty useless if you don’t have much in the way of content.
Keep in mind that a search box isn’t necessarily a critical element, especially for small attorney websites. Some sites only offer a search box for certain sections of the site, and others skip a search box entirely. However, you find adding a search box to your attorney website most beneficial if:
- You have (or plan to have) a long-running blog full of rich content.
- You have (or plan to have) a large library of informative articles.
- You want to encourage visitors to stick around on your site to find that they need.
There are, however, some websites that probably won’t really benefit from a search box. These might include:
- Websites that have very little content.
- Small websites that are very specifically focused.
- Websites that do not provide much in the way of regular, informative content or a blog.
Ultimately, it’s a matter of preference—but do keep your target audience’s needs in mind, too. If you have a wealth of information available on your site, a search box can really help your online audience dig deeper into your site and get to know you better!
If you have a question about attorney web design or online marketing, the team at Foster is here to help. Give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or simply fill out the easy online contact form on this page for more information.
What is responsive design, and how can it contribute to the success of my attorney web marketing campaign?
Responsive design allows people who visit your website to get the webpage most easily viewed on the device they are using. This means that mobile users will see your mobile site, and desktop users will see your full site.
Before responsive design, web designers had to create apps so that the correct site would be displayed on smartphones and tablets. As the number of different devices rose (now at 1,000 and counting), creating apps became tedious and ineffective. However, it is now possible for web users to get exactly what they want when they open your law firm’s website.
Responsive Design Is Popular, But It Takes a Little Work
Responsive design must be added to your website. This is not something Google is implementing – it is up to you to add it to each of your websites on your own. In addition, responsive design will not help you convert clients if you don't have a mobile website.
You must first create a mobile website for your law firm. Then you need to implement responsive design. With a mobile site and responsive design, you will be giving everyone who views your site the experience they expect. If, on the other hand, you stick with your traditional site, your site will remain difficult to navigate on a mobile device. And, with half of all web searches being done on smartphones, you will lose out on many potential clients.
Can you add responsive design on your own? Of course you can, but only if you have the time and knowledge to do so. If you'd like to focus on your practice rather than keeping up with the latest trends in attorney web design, call 888.886.0939 to speak with our team. We can help you improve the function of your site, turn browsers into clients, and realize your dream of a successful law practice.
How do I know when my attorney website is ready to go live?
If you’re building a new attorney website, it seems like there is always something else you can add. You may be envisioning a huge library of information, another practice area or two that might be helpful, more articles, more videos—more, more, more! But, if there is always more you can add to your website, how do you know when it’s “finished” enough to finally go live?
The great thing about modern website design is that a website is never really finished. Even after you go live, you should be regularly updating and adding to your site. Determining when to initially go live isn’t an exact science, but you should at least meet some minimum requirements, including:
- Your main landing pages and practice areas are ready to go.
- Your navigation system is in place and there are no broken links.
- Images, videos, and other page elements are working properly.
- Your text content is well written, relevant, and free of errors.
- Your contact information is correct and easy to find.
- You are able to easily add more later.
If your attorney website design is handled by Foster Web Marketing, we’ll help you get everything in shape to go live, make sure everything is in working order, and we’ll train you to use our easy Dynamic Self-Syndication™ (DSS™) system, which makes it easy to add, update, and delete content later!
For more information about designing websites for lawyers, or if you have questions about making your attorney website a success, reach out to the experienced team with Foster Web Marketing today at 1-888-886-0939.
How important is it to hire an outside SEO team to handle my online attorney marketing?
Well, how important it is to hire an outside SEO team depends entirely on your own goals and the needs of your law firm. It is possible to do all of your online marketing on your own, but, if you want it to be effective, it will probably require a large time commitment. If you don’t want to hire an outside SEO team to market your law firm online, you may look into:
- Handling your own online marketing. This is an attractive option, especially for small business owners who want to take an active hand in how they appear to potential clients. If you have the time to put in the research, create regular content, and adjust to new trends and changes, then we strongly encourage you to try it yourself!
- Training someone in your office to handle your online marketing concerns. If you don’t have time to handle your own SEO, you may consider training an in-house employee to do it for you. Be aware, though, that great online marketing can easily become a full-time job depending on the size of your business.
No matter what you choose or how much control you’d like to have over your online marketing, Foster Web Marketing is always here with guidance and support if you need a hand.
Ready to get started? If you’d like to learn more about why search engine rankings matter and how to start connecting with more clients and contacts on your own, the FWM Academy may be right for you. You can join us in person for a rigorous online marketing workshop, or you can take advantage of the convenience of our CD or DVD learning kits. To learn more, just give us a call at 1-888-886-0939, or fill out the online contact form on this page!
I love the idea of “white hat” SEO, but I’d like to do it myself. Do you offer any hands-on online marketing workshops for the do-it-yourselfers?
If you’re just dipping your toes into the world of online marketing, or if you’d simply like to have more control when it comes to your attorney SEO, participating in one of our intensive online marketing workshops may be right for you!
Foster Web Marketing offers several options for the do-it-yourselfers out there, including:
- A hands-on, 2-day workshop. A few times throughout the year, we offer a rigorous, two-day FWM Academy workshop, which will run you through the basics of SEO, content creation, building a great attorney website, and more. This is a great option for the hands-on learner or the business owner who wants complete control.
- Monthly webinars. If you’re interested in just learning more about refining your online marketing plan and staying current with search engine changes, our monthly webinars can be a great option. We focus on a new and relevant topic every month, and we try to provide the most practical and effective information available.
- CD and DVD learning kits. If you don’t have time to join us in person, you can still reap the benefits of our training courses with the FWM Academy kit. The kit includes ten discs and an easy-to-use textbook that will have you ready to start taking the reins when it comes to your online presence.
If you’d like to learn more about our online marketing workshops, please feel free to give us a call at 1-888-886-0939 or fill out the convenient online contact form on this page for more information. While you’re at it, don’t forget to also request your FREE copy of one of our many informative books about attorney websites, social media marketing, and doing SEO right. Just give us a call to receive your complimentary copy today!
Where can I find good ideas for news items and current event articles?
When it comes to high-quality attorney website content, news and current events articles are a great way to increase traffic, establish yourself as a local legal authority, and get new clients. But where can you find material to write about?
Start with your local newspaper, especially if you practice locally or on the state level. If you take cases from across the country, national news sources will do as well. Look for any articles that are relevant to your practice areas and that you could imagine would interest your readers. If you are a personal injury attorney, you may write about a recent accident in your county. If you are a bankruptcy attorney, you might want to write about the latest news on the economy. If you are a divorce lawyer, you may want to write about the governor’s recent split.
Next, follow news sources and industry experts on social media websites like Facebook and Twitter. The media, other attorneys, and local government entities will often post news and relevant current events information. Use these guides to find great news stories and angles.
Do you want to learn more about creating quality content for the readers of your attorney website or lawyer blog? Or are you considering hiring a content writer to make certain your site is updated regularly with great articles? Contact Foster Web Marketing today at 888-886-0939.
I’m stumped. Where can I get good ideas for attorney website content?
Many of our clients are motivated and excited to get started writing their own attorney web content, but they then get stuck when they open a blank Word document. Where do great content ideas come from, and what can you do to start a good content brainstorm?
The best answer is to put yourself in the shoes of your reader and your potential client. What concerns them most when they are in need of legal services or when they are searching for the right lawyer? What questions weigh most heavily on their minds? And, perhaps most importantly, what questions and keywords do they type into the search engine to find your website?
Use your imagination (and your experiences with past clients) to think about what content would be most helpful. Next, hop over to Google Analytics to see what keywords are bringing people to your content. Are there patterns or themes?
If you are still stuck, we can help. At Foster Web Marketing, we have a talented stable of content writers who can help pad your website with relevant, optimized, and high-quality content. At the same time, we provide attorney training that can help you learn how to produce your own effective content. To get started, call 888-886-0939.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.