Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Website Design and Marketing for Attorneys, Doctors, and Other Professionals
Below are some questions many clients have when they first contact Foster Web Marketing about the online marketing world.
The questions below may address many initial concerns you may have. If you don't find your answers here, you should contact us for answers to any questions specific to your firm.
- Page 10
How do I monitor my Google AdWords account?
- Sign in to Google AdWords.
- Click the Campaigns tab located at the top of the page.
- Click the Ads tab located in the middle of the page.
Once in the ads section, you will want to check on the following columns:
- Status. The status of your ad will be located here and will contain one of the following words or phrases: under review, eligible, approved, disapproved, site suspended, paused, pending, or ended. If you want this ad active, the status should be either eligible or approved.
- CTR (Click-Through Rate). This rate is crucial to the success of your ads. A CRT under one percent shows you that your ads aren't targeting the right audience.
- Avg. CPC (Cost-Per-Click). This shows how much, on average, you are paying per click. It's the cost of all of your clicks divided by the number of clicks your ads received.
As long as your ads are active, the most valuable information available is the click-through rate. This is the pulse of your Google AdWords campaign. If it's under one percent, it's time to do something about it.
For help managing your attorney web marketing campaign, from Google AdWords to video production, call 888.886.0939. Our team can help you not just do well, but crush your competition. You can dominate your market, and we can show you how.
I’d like to add a few more videos to my attorney website, but I’ve already done some introduction videos, given a tour of the office, and answered some questions on video. What other ideas do you have for great lawyer video marketing?
The fun part of online videos for lawyers is that, within reasonable ethical and professional bounds, the sky’s the limit! You can get as creative or informative as you like, and you’ll hopefully keep your clients and potential clients coming back for more. If you’ve already created some basic videos and want to expand your online video library, here are some ideas:
- Consider video testimonials. Sometimes potential clients get to know you best through the words of other people. A series of videos that feature satisfied clients talking about the professional service you were able to provide can be a big motivator for your website visitors.
- Try a series. Create a series of short videos that all address facets of a particular topic or that continue a popular discussion that started on your website or social media pages.
- Start a video blog. If you really love making videos for your law firm, consider starting a video blog. You can address current events that relate to your clients, talk about upcoming events, or just answer a weekly or monthly question!
Or, if you come up with some ideas of your own, we’d be happy to work with you to make those ideas a reality!
To find out how creating a lawyer video for your website can benefit your law firm, please reach out to the friendly lawyer video marketing team with Foster Web Marketing today. You can reach us at 1-888-886-0939, or you can simply fill out the online contact form on this page to learn more about what we can do for you!
How does YouTube decide the ranking of my online attorney video?
Although many people forget about it when considering their attorney SEO plans, YouTube should also be recognized for the powerful search engine that it is. If you take the time and expense to produce a great online video, it’s worth submitting your video to YouTube and optimizing that video to be found by your potential clients.
Many factors go into the search ranking of your attorney YouTube video, including:
- Your titles, tags, descriptions, and keywords
- Annotations attached to your video
- How viewers have rated your video
- The number of views
- The number of channel views and subscribers
- Any video responses
- How many times the video has been shared or embedded
- How old your video is
- If your video has been flagged
- The comments that your video receives
Don’t get too stressed out about your YouTube video rankings, though. Ultimately, YouTube wants to connect users with videos that are relevant and high quality—so, if you’re producing relevant, high-quality videos, then you’re already most of the way there.
Please feel free to give the video marketing team at Foster Web Marketing a call today with any questions about marketing your online attorney videos on YouTube.
To learn more about video marketing for attorneys, please request your FREE copy of our informative book How to Get Found by the World’s Most Aggressive Internet Users and Never Miss Another Lead, which explains more about how businesses and professionals can make sure their marketing videos are seen on YouTube. You can request your complimentary copy of this book by giving us a call at 1-888-886-0939 or by filling out the convenient online contact form on this page.
Do I have to take my attorney website down in order to update it or perform maintenance?
Whenever possible, it is best to avoid taking your website offline. When your website is down, potential clients who find you are likely to be frustrated—and they’re also unlikely to come back later when your site is available again. Additionally, frequent downtime could end up hurting your Google rankings.
However, we all know that keeping your site properly maintained and updated is one of the keys to ranking highly with Google and other search engines. So what happens if you need to add an update or perform some kind of offline maintenance? For the most part, you should be able to prepare your updates ahead of time and update your site without ever taking it down—it all depends on how your attorney website is handled.
If your attorney website is with Foster Web Marketing, then you have access to our powerful Dynamic Self-Syndication™ (DSS™), which lets you update your website at any time—without any downtime for your visitors! You (or anyone in your office) can change your practice pages, add new practice pages, delete pages, update your blog, or add an article, even during your heaviest traffic times.
If, for some reason, you must take your website down for maintenance, keep in mind that it is best to do this during low-traffic times and keep the downtime as short as possible.
If you’d like more information about maintaining your attorney website or adding new content with our Dynamic Self-Syndication™ (DSS™) system, please give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or simply fill out the convenient online contact form on this page. Our talented online attorney marketing team would be happy to answer your questions and talk about solutions that will bring you more online contacts and clients.
What kind of attorney website maintenance tasks can Foster Web Marketing help me with?
At Foster Web Marketing, we can be as involved—or uninvolved—in your attorney website maintenance as you are comfortable with. Here are just a few of the services we can offer to help you maintain a law firm website:
- Access to our Dynamic Self-Syndication™ (DSS™) system. DSS™ allows you to take control of your attorney website, and it makes many maintenance tasks a breeze. Add pages, delete pages, add blog posts, and edit pages all from the same place—without website downtime.
- Website content writing services. Our team of content writers can provide great copy for your website, and we can even create and post new and relevant content on a continuing basis!
- Performance data and analytics. We can show you how to find the information yourself, or we can keep an eye on where your site is doing well and where it could use a little help.
- Keyword research and SEO review. Our attorney SEO team will look into the most effective keywords for your practice areas, and we’ll keep tabs on how they perform. Additionally, we’ll tell you about (and incorporate) the latest changes to the SEO game and how to adjust in response.
- Help with link building and link maintenance. We can cultivate a great garden of links for your website using “white hat” techniques and keeping SEO in mind.
To learn more about creating an attorney website maintenance plan, or to find out more about our online marketing solutions, please reach out to the team at Foster Web Marketing today at 1-888-886-0939, or simply fill out the convenient online contact form on this page to learn more.
Will active participation on Facebook and other social media sites help boost my SEO power?
Yes. Increasingly, Google and other search engines are factoring social media activity into their ranking formulas. The ways social media factors in include:
- The number of times a site or a page on a site has been liked, shared, retweeted, stumbled upon, or +1'ed
- The number of mentions on Twitter
- The number of people who have you in their Google+ circle
- Increased brand awareness and loyalty
- More inbound links
- More positive reviews
- Decreased bounce rate
- Increased time on page
Because of this, our team encourages you to go out and embrace attorney social media. Besides being powerful, a major benefit of social media is that it's free! Create an account today. Or, if you already have an account, dust it off and begin using it again. Start by posting a link to your newest free offer or an interesting blog post. Follow up by asking a question of your audience or posting an updated picture of your office or staff. Facebook and other sites will make you appear accessible, easy to talk to, and knowledgeable. If you do it right.
But...There Is Always a But
Social media has the potential to boost your SEO power and increase awareness of your practice, but only if you do it right. Getting social media for attorneys just right isn't simple. But, once you get the hang of it, you will be able to quickly shoot out a new post or tweet, reaching potential clients who wouldn't have heard of you otherwise.
Call 888.886.0939 to speak with our social media super team about the right—and wrong—ways to engage your audience and attract new clients.
Should my mobile site look the same as my traditional site?
Your mobile site should resemble your traditional site, and they should complement one another. To achieve this, you will want to maintain:
- The same color scheme
- Similar icons
- The look of your logo
If you do this, your mobile and traditional websites will "feel" the same. Anyone who has visited your traditional site will feel at home on your mobile site. They will recognize many similar elements and appreciate it. When you are successful at maintaining consistency between the two, you will have advanced your brand recognition, which is an important step toward successful mobile web marketing for attorneys.
Then Why Can't I Have Just One Site?
If you don't have a mobile site, people will notice—and they won't like it. Why not? They won’t like it because they will have a very hard time using your traditional site on a phone or tablet. An attorney’s mobile website is a stripped-down, simple, and easy-to-navigate version of the standard site. If you don't have one, potential clients are likely to click away and find a site they can use from their phones.
Mobile use is now so popular that it's estimated about 50 percent of local searches are being done with a phone. This means that, if you don't create a mobile site, you could be missing out on nearly 50 percent of your market.
For help navigating the ever-changing world of attorney web marketing, call 888.886.0939. Our internet marketing team specializes in helping attorneys dominate the competition through SEO-friendly content, web design, and video. Don't settle for merely surviving—this is your year to thrive!
Do I really need a search box on my attorney website?
It really depends. Offering a search box can help you provide a more user-friendly experience for your web audience. But, on the other hand, a search box is pretty useless if you don’t have much in the way of content.
Keep in mind that a search box isn’t necessarily a critical element, especially for small attorney websites. Some sites only offer a search box for certain sections of the site, and others skip a search box entirely. However, you find adding a search box to your attorney website most beneficial if:
- You have (or plan to have) a long-running blog full of rich content.
- You have (or plan to have) a large library of informative articles.
- You want to encourage visitors to stick around on your site to find that they need.
There are, however, some websites that probably won’t really benefit from a search box. These might include:
- Websites that have very little content.
- Small websites that are very specifically focused.
- Websites that do not provide much in the way of regular, informative content or a blog.
Ultimately, it’s a matter of preference—but do keep your target audience’s needs in mind, too. If you have a wealth of information available on your site, a search box can really help your online audience dig deeper into your site and get to know you better!
If you have a question about attorney web design or online marketing, the team at Foster is here to help. Give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or simply fill out the easy online contact form on this page for more information.
What is responsive design, and how can it contribute to the success of my attorney web marketing campaign?
Responsive design allows people who visit your website to get the webpage most easily viewed on the device they are using. This means that mobile users will see your mobile site, and desktop users will see your full site.
Before responsive design, web designers had to create apps so that the correct site would be displayed on smartphones and tablets. As the number of different devices rose (now at 1,000 and counting), creating apps became tedious and ineffective. However, it is now possible for web users to get exactly what they want when they open your law firm’s website.
Responsive Design Is Popular, But It Takes a Little Work
Responsive design must be added to your website. This is not something Google is implementing – it is up to you to add it to each of your websites on your own. In addition, responsive design will not help you convert clients if you don't have a mobile website.
You must first create a mobile website for your law firm. Then you need to implement responsive design. With a mobile site and responsive design, you will be giving everyone who views your site the experience they expect. If, on the other hand, you stick with your traditional site, your site will remain difficult to navigate on a mobile device. And, with half of all web searches being done on smartphones, you will lose out on many potential clients.
Can you add responsive design on your own? Of course you can, but only if you have the time and knowledge to do so. If you'd like to focus on your practice rather than keeping up with the latest trends in attorney web design, call 888.886.0939 to speak with our team. We can help you improve the function of your site, turn browsers into clients, and realize your dream of a successful law practice.
How do I know when my attorney website is ready to go live?
If you’re building a new attorney website, it seems like there is always something else you can add. You may be envisioning a huge library of information, another practice area or two that might be helpful, more articles, more videos—more, more, more! But, if there is always more you can add to your website, how do you know when it’s “finished” enough to finally go live?
The great thing about modern website design is that a website is never really finished. Even after you go live, you should be regularly updating and adding to your site. Determining when to initially go live isn’t an exact science, but you should at least meet some minimum requirements, including:
- Your main landing pages and practice areas are ready to go.
- Your navigation system is in place and there are no broken links.
- Images, videos, and other page elements are working properly.
- Your text content is well written, relevant, and free of errors.
- Your contact information is correct and easy to find.
- You are able to easily add more later.
If your attorney website design is handled by Foster Web Marketing, we’ll help you get everything in shape to go live, make sure everything is in working order, and we’ll train you to use our easy Dynamic Self-Syndication™ (DSS™) system, which makes it easy to add, update, and delete content later!
For more information about designing websites for lawyers, or if you have questions about making your attorney website a success, reach out to the experienced team with Foster Web Marketing today at 1-888-886-0939.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.