Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Website Design and Marketing for Attorneys, Doctors, and Other Professionals
Below are some questions many clients have when they first contact Foster Web Marketing about the online marketing world.
The questions below may address many initial concerns you may have. If you don't find your answers here, you should contact us for answers to any questions specific to your firm.
- Page 9
What’s the simplest way to get more traffic to my mobile attorney website?
Getting more traffic—or, more importantly, more relevant clients and contacts—is a process that is a little different for each mobile website out there. Your mobile attorney website may benefit from a few simple fixes to improve traffic, but determining what those simple fixes might be takes a little time, a little research, and a lot of individual attention. If you really want to see your mobile website start working harder for your law firm, you might consider hiring a mobile SEO team to help review what you have and provide direction for moving ahead.
That being said, though, here are a few simple fixes that really can help more potential clients find your mobile website and contact you:
- Pare it down—or beef it up. Hitting the “sweet spot” for mobile content can be difficult, but it’s definitely simple to start experimenting with what works. If you have too much content, you can overwhelm a visitor. If you don’t have enough, visitors will move on to find what they need. Shoot for “just right.”
- Spend some time thinking about and researching keywords. The keywords that help people find your main website aren’t always the same keywords that help drive traffic to your mobile site. Keep an eye on your analytics data, and try focusing on shorter, location-specific keywords.
- Make contacting you easy. Remember that visitors to your mobile website are often actually using a phone to browse your site. Just adding a one-click-call button, clear contact information, and directions can encourage potential clients to make contact.
For more individualized help with your mobile attorney website, reach out to Foster Web Marketing today at 1-888-886-0939.
How can I offer a more professional online experience for the mobile visitors to my attorney website?
Since mobile websites are still a relatively new development, and trends are changing fast, it can sometimes be hard to provide a mobile experience for your website visitors that comes off as both professional and engaging. If your mobile site is a little older, or if it’s non-existent, potential clients who find you via smartphone or tablet may be chased off by the clunky navigation, out-of-date graphics, and irrelevant content.
If you want to work on giving your mobile attorney website a more professional makeover, here’s a quick idea of what most professional mobile sites have in common:
- The website displays properly on all mobile devices. If your website won’t work for mobile users, they are far more likely to move on to a site that does.
- The color scheme and logo match your other marketing materials. This is so simple, but it’s so often overlooked. Using a consistent color scheme and logo can go a long way toward providing a polished and professional impression.
- The mobile website is easy to navigate from a mobile device. This is probably the most frustrating part of browsing the Web on a mobile device—save your potential clients some frustration by making it easy to navigate on a small screen.
- The mobile site highlights the most important information. Mobile users can easily be overwhelmed with too many graphics, videos, buttons, and links. Instead, keep it simple and put the most important information at their fingertips.
Our friendly mobile site design team would be happy to talk with you about creating a new mobile website or polishing up the mobile attorney website you already have. Give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939 to learn more!
I don't have a lot of time. What do you think is the best way for me to learn more about marketing my law firm online?
With our 10-CD/DVD set, you can choose when and where you listen or watch. If you don't have the time to attend the FWM Academy, consider purchasing and using our CD/DVD FWM Academy set. The set gives you the freedom to learn at your own pace when you do have time.
Use the set when you would usually be listening to the radio, your iPod, or watching TV. Soon enough, you'll have the tools you need to achieve your dreams of a highly successful law firm. Listen or watch:
- In the car
- At home
- Between appointments with clients
- On your long Saturday run (What could be more motivating than successful attorney marketing tips?!)
Attorney Marketing Information at Your Fingertips
To get the latest and greatest information for law firms, sign up for our RSS feed. Doing so will give you immediate access to every blog we post. There’s no need to visit the website—just read over the blog in e-mail form and move on with your day.
Also, browse our extensive library or watch some of our informative videos. If you have specific questions, head over to our FAQ section, and see if we have the answers you seek. And, as always, we are here answer your call or email.
At Foster Web Marketing, we don't just go through the motions. We love what we do. Our team is passionate about teaching attorneys the best ways to blow away their competition and take their firms to the next level.
If you're ready to embrace the latest and greatest in internet marketing for lawyers, call 888.886.0939. Let's get you on a path toward fulfilling that long-forgotten, but no less powerful, dream for a successful practice.
Is there a limit to the number of free books I can order from your site?
No. Order as many of the nine books and guides we are currently offering as you like. They are a great way to understand the current trends and best practices in legal marketing.
Once you've ordered the books you want, check back on a regular basis to ensure that you have the latest books and guides. Our team is continually penning new books and legal marketing guides. In this way, we can provide you with the information you need while it's still current and fresh.
Staying on top of current trends in attorney marketing is what we do, and it's who we are. And we don't hold on to "industry secrets." We share them with attorneys who are ready to take control of their websites and the success of their law firms.
Choose Your Destiny
Foster Web Marketing is built on the idea that attorneys are intelligent and sophisticated enough to run their own marketing campaigns. We want to give you all the tools you need, support you when you need us, and give you the freedom to manage your own website when you are ready to do so.
However, if you'd rather have us take the wheel, we certainly can. Our writing, design, and SEO teams are ready and willing to take over the design and maintenance of your site, shoot videos on your behalf, and even run your social media campaigns.
To learn more about your options, call 888.886.0939. We are here to answer your questions and provide top-notch attorney marketing services. Are you ready explode your practice, take control of your destiny, and realize the success you've only dreamed of?
What makes attorney website content “good”?
“Good” attorney website content can be hard to define. If you’re not sure what makes attorney website content “good” or “bad,” think about the types of content you like to read online. What are the qualities of that content that keep you engaged? To give you a better idea, here are a few things that we think make attorney website content good—or even great:
- It’s well-written and has been edited for errors. No matter how compelling your point is, no one is going to struggle through your spelling errors or clunky grammar to get it. Your content should reflect your professionalism, so it’s worth taking the time to edit and proofread before you post.
- It’s relevant to your real-life clients’ needs. It’s easy to get lost in the excitement of Google rankings and search engine trends, but you should keep in mind that real people visit your website to find answers.
- It’s original and reflects the personality of your law firm. The best marketing content on the Web is fresh, original content that reflects the personality and values of the business. People use your website to get to know you, and they will be far more motivated to call if they know who you are and what you stand for.
- It’s part of an overall content marketing strategy. Truly effective content is part of an overall content strategy. Think about what you want from your online marketing and where your law firm is headed in the future, and then tailor your content to help you reach your goals.
Effective online content writing isn’t easy, and many busy professionals choose to hire an experienced online content writing team to help them succeed. Speak with the friendly team at Foster Web Marketing today at 1-888-886-0939 to find out how our services can help you whip your website content into shape.
What’s the best way to come up with new ideas for my attorney website content?
If you’re running out of ideas for great attorney website content, then it’s time to get creative. Here are a few simple things you can do to help you brainstorm new content ideas:
- Ask your friends, colleagues, and family. It’s easy to get stuck in a stale marketing hole, but simply talking with the people around you and asking for topics is sometimes all it takes to find a great, new idea or creative angle.
- Think about where you want to go next. Do you plan to focus on a new practice area or city? Do you offer a new service or have an old service that isn’t getting much interest? Think about the direction you want to take with your law firm, and use your content to create excitement.
- Read relevant books and publications. Taking a peek at what others are talking about and what you have to say about it can be a valuable source of new content ideas. Creating content based on popular trends can help direct traffic to your site and get conversations started on your social media pages or attorney blog.
- Find new ways to present popular content. If you have an older article that gets a lot of attention, consider expanding on that topic and related issues. It’s always easiest to simply give your online visitors what they’re really looking for.
- Ask your audience what they want. And, speaking of giving your website visitors what they’re looking for, consider just asking! Create a poll on your social media pages, have clients fill out a feedback form, and solicit input on your blog. Most of the time, you’ll find that your readers are more than happy to make constructive suggestions.
If you need help brainstorming new content ideas, or if you’re ready for our team of writers to handle your attorney website content for you, our friendly online content writing team is here to help. Reach out to us today at 1-888-886-0939.
Is it okay to include images in my book?
It's more than okay; it's encouraged!
Images are a powerful tool. We often talk about the power of images on your website and the types of images you should be posting on social networks. However, images are also an integral part of the free book or guide you offer on your law firm’s website. In your book, images are an excellent way to make a point or highlight important information. Examples of images to use in your free offer include:
- "Clip art"
Choose Images Carefully
The right image at the right time can make your book more effective. However, the wrong image can distract the reader and make your book or offer appear cheap and cheesy. Too many images are worse than too few, as they can be confusing and can clutter a page.
Therefore, you have to choose carefully when selecting images for your book. A good idea is to write the text first, and then decide where you want images to appear. If, while writing, you think an image would drive home an important point, note it and look back on these notes when you are finished.
If it still feels right to place a graph or image near the text, go for it! As with any writing project, be sure that someone—preferably a person experienced in editing—looks over your book. They can help ensure that the images you choose fit just right and help clarify the thrust of your message.
For help with book writing for attorneys, call 888.886.0939. We can help edit your final draft and choose the best images for your book, or we can start from scratch and ghostwrite a book for you; the choice is yours.
Should my book offer or legal guide include a call to action?
Your book can and should contain a call to action—but just one, near the end. Even this should be a soft call to action. As in, "If you would like to learn more about how to protect yourself from foreclosure, call 1.888.888.8888 and speak with one of our experienced attorneys."
This way, the reader has your phone number and knows that you are ready to help. It extends the thrust of the book and reinforces that this law firm knows what they are talking about and can help me with my legal troubles.
Nobody Likes a Hard Sale
A book can make a sale without the used car salesman push. You don't want your book to sound like a sales pitch. You want to offer up useful information, give your phone number, and allow potential clients to make their own decision.
If each chapter or each page includes a hard sale, readers will toss it to the side. After all, they requested the book to learn more about their specific legal needs—not to get a lecture about why your law firm is so awesome.
Awesome attorneys don't have to say that they are awesome. Their knowledge speaks for itself. This is why a book is an excellent marketing tool for lawyers. It shows that the attorney is a true expert in his or her field and that he or she is willing to share knowledge—even give it away for free—just to ensure that the rights of the people are protected.
If you need help during any part of the legal marketing book writing process, call 888.886.0939 to speak with a member of our team. We can help you achieve your dream of a successful law firm.
How can I maintain my attorney website’s SEO success?
If your attorney website is already performing well in the search engine rankings and drawing in contacts and clients for your law firm, then it’s a good time to sit down and think about how you can maintain that SEO success. One of the biggest mistakes that people make is to start slacking on their SEO as soon as they start to reap the benefits of the groundwork they’ve put in. Effective search engine optimization is an evolving beast, and great search engine rankings aren’t a one-time achievement—your SEO campaign needs sustained attention if you want it to keep working for you.
Here are a few things you can do to keep your online attorney marketing campaign going strong:
- Create additional content related to popular topics. If you’ve had a lot of success with certain keywords and types of content, continue to build on your success by expanding on what has been popular in the past.
- Engage with your potential clients through social media. There’s no doubt that the Web is social, and engaging with your audience through Facebook or Twitter can be a great way to continue driving traffic to your site. If you’re not already involved in social media for your business, it’s definitely time to get started.
- Post relevant content regularly. If you aren’t posting new content regularly, you’re probably missing out on some visibility. Google rewards frequent posters, so it’s worth taking the time to create and schedule content each month.
- Keep current with current “white hat” SEO trends. Old or manipulative SEO tactics can harm your site’s ranking in the blink of an eye. Make sure you understand the most current SEO guidelines and adhere to them.
If you need help building a successful online attorney marketing campaign, or if you are looking for help managing your SEO needs, our friendly attorney SEO team can help. Give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939 with any further questions or concerns.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.