They are certainly not the best thing for optimal attorney web marketing, but they are better than no links at all. A reciprocal link is when a site links to your practice site, and your site also has a link to their site. Sometimes these are known as these are known as "link swaps," "link exchanges," or "link partners."
- When the reciprocal links do not appear on the link page.
- They have the "smell" of an arranged link scheme or a trade.
- When the other site is not as reputable as your site
- A reciprocal link has a natural reduced value
- When reciprocal links are shared between related sites
- They do have the ability to increase traffic
- Good, solid links (think quality over quantity) can boost your rankings in search engines
- As stated above, they are better than nothing!
Be smart about your reciprocal links. Check out the sites you want to exchange links with, and make sure they are complementary to your site and of good quality. Then, place their link on one of your internal pages, not your home page. Next, email the owner of the reciprocal site, compliment their site, and ask if they will link back to your page. Remember, your reciprocal link partners should make sense. The other sites should be natural and within a related community. Do not let reciprocal links be the only links that bring in traffic or affect your attorney web marketing.
Is Your Law Firm Or Medical Practice Website Getting Enough Exposure? Foster Web Marketing Can Help With Our Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Services
Are you concerned that your website isn't pulling in enough traffic to keep you swimming in leads? Do you need help with SEO for your legal or medical website? If so, Foster Web Marketing can help! Please contact us online or call our office directly at 866.497.6199 to schedule your free consultation with our experienced marketing team. We have been helping clients throughout the United States and internationally since 1998 and are confident we can help you not only reach, but exceed your goals.