Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Website Design and Marketing for Attorneys, Doctors, and Other Professionals
Below are some questions many clients have when they first contact Foster Web Marketing about the online marketing world.
The questions below may address many initial concerns you may have. If you don't find your answers here, you should contact us for answers to any questions specific to your firm.
- Page 8
How do I choose the right keywords for my website?
Determining the best keywords for a website used to be easy when search engines like Google put most of their ranking emphasis on whatever one- or two-word phrases you chose to hyperlink. Since then, virtually all businesses have jumped on the website bandwagon and become aware (if not savvy) about SEO.
Now things are much, much different. While content is still King, the phrases and words you use are now only helpful if they have actual substance and meaning.
This means that you now have to do a little leg work. You must research what keywords will best suit your practice and utilize them across the all of your marketing practices, including in your videos, your social media, and on your website.
But how exactly are you supposed to find the keywords you need when you don't even know where to start? We know that the process of maintaining SEO can be confusing and a huge challenge, which is why our FWM SEO gurus put together a list of the top ways to determine keywords:
- Searcher intent. Take an afternoon to sit down and really think about what went through your clients' heads immediately before they made the decision to contact you. If you're a personal injury attorney, perhaps it was figuring out who would pay for the medical bills after the car accident. If you are a doctor, perhaps it was their foot pain when running. Ask yourself "Why would they choose you over your competitor?" Once you put yourself in your potential client's shoes, you will soon realize that "Gotham City attorney" or "Metropolis plastic surgeon" no longer cuts it as a keyword phrase.
- Avoid highly competitive keywords. We've already established that vague keywords like "Gotham City attorney" are becoming useless, but another reason to avoid them is because they are overused. You wouldn't keep spending money on a raffle if the odds of winning were very slim, so why would you keep pumping time and effort (a.k.a. money) into keywords in which you might never be found due to stiff local or national competition?
- Use layman's terms and avoid legal, medical or business-specific jargon. After decades of working in your chosen field, you are more than familiar with terms you use everyday. But you must remember that many of the people you are trying to reach have never even needed your services before, so you must use common terminology in your content and keywords.
- Use tools like Google's Keyword Tool or Google Analytics to get a jump-start on what people are currently searching to find your site.
- Ask us! We'd be happy to help you determine the best keywords for your site, or simply take over the whole process for you. For more information on how FWM can help, call us at 888-886-0939 or fill out our online form today.
Should I create unique content that is only posted to my attorney social media accounts?
Although time restraints and a desire for consistency often mean that offering completely different content on your website, blog, and social media pages is nearly impossible, there are definitely benefits to offering at least a little unique content on your attorney social media pages. Here are just a few of the benefits of developing some unique, social-media-only content for your law firm:
- Social-media-only content helps bring your audience back for more. If your social media pages only offer the exact same information you already offer on your website or blog, then it is unlikely that your clients and potential clients will bother checking in.
- Social media content starts conversations. The best social media content tends to engage users, who will then “like,” share, and comment on your posts. You can respond to questions from potential clients, and you get a chance to actually ask your audience questions about what they want, need, or would like to see. Create your social-media-only content with a conversation in mind.
- Social media can be a great place to talk about current events. Most people these days check their social media accounts more often than they check their email. Talking about relevant local news or changes in the law can be more engaging and interactive when presented “live” through Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Do you need more content ideas or want to learn more about social media for attorneys? Reach out to the friendly attorney social media team with Foster Web Marketing today to learn more!
How can I get more “likes” for my attorney Facebook page?
Although it’s definitely not the only factor, the number of “likes” your attorney Facebook page collects can be a tangible (and, let’s face it, exciting) sign that your social media audience really does like what it sees. If it seems like interest in your social media content is waning, here are a few ways to encourage more people to read, “like,” and share your attorney social media content:
- Add social media sharing buttons to your attorney website and blog. It’s easy to add social media buttons to your law firm’s website, blog, or videos, and the buttons make it easy for your audience to “like” and share your content on social media site. Plus, it’s a great reminder that you’re available on social media sites, too.
- Offer some unique social media content. If you aren’t getting “likes,” it may be because you’re not offering anything special for those who go to the extra trouble of engaging with you via social media. Create some social-media-only content, and give people a reason to follow you on Facebook and click that “like” button.
- Get involved with your audience. If you don’t respond to comments, ask for opinions, or create content that people want to talk about, then you’re missing out on a lot of what makes social media great. And, if you feel like your audience isn’t very excited about what you’ve tried so far, consider just asking them what you could do better!
Do you need help developing effective Facebook content for your law firm? Or are you interesting in learning more about social media for attorneys? Talk about it today with the friendly attorney social media team at Foster Web Marketing—just give us a call at 1-888-886-0939!
What is Facebook Graph, and how will it affect my law firm’s social media marketing efforts?
Facebook Graph Search is a way to search within Facebook. It takes data from Facebook, and only Facebook, to create custom search results.
Think of Facebook Graph Search as a hyper-local, hyper-personalized Google. Results are based only on information gathered from Facebook and, specifically, from your group of Facebook friends.
For example, if you wanted to find out which hairdresser friends in your city use, you could search for just that. You would then get personalized results based on the Facebook activities of your friends.
Facebook Graph Search is a big deal for small businesses like yours. More people are using Facebook to not only catch up with their long lost friends, but to connect to the products and services they use. And, now, their friends’ likes, comments, and check-ins will help determine if your law firm comes up in their search results.
Facebook Graph Should Affect Your Facebook Marketing Efforts
Because of Facebook Graph Search, you should be working harder to maintain your Facebook page. If you build an interactive, informative page on Facebook, more and more people will like, comment on, and share your posts. This will help you get found during a Graph Search.
For instance, if you have created a dynamic, interesting page and a friend of a fan asks Facebook Graph Search for "divorce attorney my friends in San Antonio like," your name will pop up first. As an attorney, this new way of searching holds great marketing potential.
With Graph Search, your name already comes with some serious street cred. The results show the searcher that their friends have already endorsed you and your law firm. And, if their friends and family members have been talking about you, you must be good.
Want to learn more about Facebook Graph and its impact on your law firm’s Facebook page? Call 888.886.0939. Our team specializes in social media marketing for lawyers and strives to provide up-to-the-second information for attorneys who want to dominate their markets and get more of their ideal clients to walk through the door.
What’s the simplest way to get more traffic to my mobile attorney website?
Getting more traffic—or, more importantly, more relevant clients and contacts—is a process that is a little different for each mobile website out there. Your mobile attorney website may benefit from a few simple fixes to improve traffic, but determining what those simple fixes might be takes a little time, a little research, and a lot of individual attention. If you really want to see your mobile website start working harder for your law firm, you might consider hiring a mobile SEO team to help review what you have and provide direction for moving ahead.
That being said, though, here are a few simple fixes that really can help more potential clients find your mobile website and contact you:
- Pare it down—or beef it up. Hitting the “sweet spot” for mobile content can be difficult, but it’s definitely simple to start experimenting with what works. If you have too much content, you can overwhelm a visitor. If you don’t have enough, visitors will move on to find what they need. Shoot for “just right.”
- Spend some time thinking about and researching keywords. The keywords that help people find your main website aren’t always the same keywords that help drive traffic to your mobile site. Keep an eye on your analytics data, and try focusing on shorter, location-specific keywords.
- Make contacting you easy. Remember that visitors to your mobile website are often actually using a phone to browse your site. Just adding a one-click-call button, clear contact information, and directions can encourage potential clients to make contact.
For more individualized help with your mobile attorney website, reach out to Foster Web Marketing today at 1-888-886-0939.
How can I offer a more professional online experience for the mobile visitors to my attorney website?
Since mobile websites are still a relatively new development, and trends are changing fast, it can sometimes be hard to provide a mobile experience for your website visitors that comes off as both professional and engaging. If your mobile site is a little older, or if it’s non-existent, potential clients who find you via smartphone or tablet may be chased off by the clunky navigation, out-of-date graphics, and irrelevant content.
If you want to work on giving your mobile attorney website a more professional makeover, here’s a quick idea of what most professional mobile sites have in common:
- The website displays properly on all mobile devices. If your website won’t work for mobile users, they are far more likely to move on to a site that does.
- The color scheme and logo match your other marketing materials. This is so simple, but it’s so often overlooked. Using a consistent color scheme and logo can go a long way toward providing a polished and professional impression.
- The mobile website is easy to navigate from a mobile device. This is probably the most frustrating part of browsing the Web on a mobile device—save your potential clients some frustration by making it easy to navigate on a small screen.
- The mobile site highlights the most important information. Mobile users can easily be overwhelmed with too many graphics, videos, buttons, and links. Instead, keep it simple and put the most important information at their fingertips.
Our friendly mobile site design team would be happy to talk with you about creating a new mobile website or polishing up the mobile attorney website you already have. Give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939 to learn more!
I don't have a lot of time. What do you think is the best way for me to learn more about marketing my law firm online?
With our 10-CD/DVD set, you can choose when and where you listen or watch. If you don't have the time to attend the FWM Academy, consider purchasing and using our CD/DVD FWM Academy set. The set gives you the freedom to learn at your own pace when you do have time.
Use the set when you would usually be listening to the radio, your iPod, or watching TV. Soon enough, you'll have the tools you need to achieve your dreams of a highly successful law firm. Listen or watch:
- In the car
- At home
- Between appointments with clients
- On your long Saturday run (What could be more motivating than successful attorney marketing tips?!)
Attorney Marketing Information at Your Fingertips
To get the latest and greatest information for law firms, sign up for our RSS feed. Doing so will give you immediate access to every blog we post. There’s no need to visit the website—just read over the blog in e-mail form and move on with your day.
Also, browse our extensive library or watch some of our informative videos. If you have specific questions, head over to our FAQ section, and see if we have the answers you seek. And, as always, we are here answer your call or email.
At Foster Web Marketing, we don't just go through the motions. We love what we do. Our team is passionate about teaching attorneys the best ways to blow away their competition and take their firms to the next level.
If you're ready to embrace the latest and greatest in internet marketing for lawyers, call 888.886.0939. Let's get you on a path toward fulfilling that long-forgotten, but no less powerful, dream for a successful practice.
Is there a limit to the number of free books I can order from your site?
No. Order as many of the nine books and guides we are currently offering as you like. They are a great way to understand the current trends and best practices in legal marketing.
Once you've ordered the books you want, check back on a regular basis to ensure that you have the latest books and guides. Our team is continually penning new books and legal marketing guides. In this way, we can provide you with the information you need while it's still current and fresh.
Staying on top of current trends in attorney marketing is what we do, and it's who we are. And we don't hold on to "industry secrets." We share them with attorneys who are ready to take control of their websites and the success of their law firms.
Choose Your Destiny
Foster Web Marketing is built on the idea that attorneys are intelligent and sophisticated enough to run their own marketing campaigns. We want to give you all the tools you need, support you when you need us, and give you the freedom to manage your own website when you are ready to do so.
However, if you'd rather have us take the wheel, we certainly can. Our writing, design, and SEO teams are ready and willing to take over the design and maintenance of your site, shoot videos on your behalf, and even run your social media campaigns.
To learn more about your options, call 888.886.0939. We are here to answer your questions and provide top-notch attorney marketing services. Are you ready explode your practice, take control of your destiny, and realize the success you've only dreamed of?
What makes attorney website content “good”?
“Good” attorney website content can be hard to define. If you’re not sure what makes attorney website content “good” or “bad,” think about the types of content you like to read online. What are the qualities of that content that keep you engaged? To give you a better idea, here are a few things that we think make attorney website content good—or even great:
- It’s well-written and has been edited for errors. No matter how compelling your point is, no one is going to struggle through your spelling errors or clunky grammar to get it. Your content should reflect your professionalism, so it’s worth taking the time to edit and proofread before you post.
- It’s relevant to your real-life clients’ needs. It’s easy to get lost in the excitement of Google rankings and search engine trends, but you should keep in mind that real people visit your website to find answers.
- It’s original and reflects the personality of your law firm. The best marketing content on the Web is fresh, original content that reflects the personality and values of the business. People use your website to get to know you, and they will be far more motivated to call if they know who you are and what you stand for.
- It’s part of an overall content marketing strategy. Truly effective content is part of an overall content strategy. Think about what you want from your online marketing and where your law firm is headed in the future, and then tailor your content to help you reach your goals.
Effective online content writing isn’t easy, and many busy professionals choose to hire an experienced online content writing team to help them succeed. Speak with the friendly team at Foster Web Marketing today at 1-888-886-0939 to find out how our services can help you whip your website content into shape.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.