You’ve Got Questions About Website Design; We’ve Got Answers!
A good website design comes off as uncomplicated and simple to use. But creating a design as beautiful as it is useful isn’t as easy as it looks! Here we answer the most common website design questions we field.
We hope that you are able to answer your questions here. If not, pick up the phone and call 888-886-0939. Our team would love to help you better understand how we design killer, conversion-rich websites.
- Page 3
When is the right time to redesign my attorney mobile website?
Because mobile websites are a fairly new phenomenon, choosing the right time for an attorney mobile website redesign isn’t always clear. However, although there may not be a definite, set-in-stone answer to your question, here are some indicators that it might be time for a mobile site redesign:
- Your mobile website just isn’t bringing in the contacts and potential clients you want. Plain and simple—if your mobile website isn’t working for you, it’s time for a redesign.
- Your mobile website appears clunky or outdated compared to newer mobile sites. If your mobile website is starting to show its age in comparison to your competitors’ sites, it’s probably time for a makeover.
- Elements of your mobile website appear broken or distorted. If it doesn’t work right, mobile users aren’t going to stick around.
- Your mobile website isn’t optimized for the new generation of mobile devices. People use a range of mobile devices to access the Web. Make sure your potential clients can reach you no matter what type of tablet or smartphone they use.
- Your mobile website doesn’t match the tone or personality of your main site. For a more professional look, your mobile website and main website should keep a similar color scheme and personality.
- Your mobile website doesn’t take advantage of elements like social-media sharing or one-click calling. There are many features unique to the mobile web. If you’re not taking advantage of them, you’re probably missing out.
If you think you might be ready for an attorney website redesign, discuss your ideas and concerns with our friendly mobile marketing team at Foster Web Marketing today. We’d be happy to review your current site, make recommendations, and help you build a better mobile presence. Just give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or fill out the quick online contact form on this page for more information!
How can I tell if my attorney website is too cluttered?
When it comes to attorney website design, more is not always better. While some lawyer websites might suffer from being too plain, it is safe to say that more lawyer websites suffer from being too cluttered and busy.
To determine whether your website might be overcrowded, ask yourself the following questions:
- Does my website have a focal point – a place that naturally draws the eye?
- Do new visitors know where to click when they land on my page?
- Is it easy to find the most important information on my website?
- Is landing on my homepage overwhelming to visitors?
- Do users have to scroll to find vital information or contact information?
If you answered, “yes,” to any of the above questions, you may want to think about redesigning your website to make it easier to navigate and more inviting. If you still aren’t sure if your website and homepage are too cluttered, have a few honest friends be guinea pigs for you. Sit them down in front of your homepage and ask them about their experience.
If your website design is too cluttered, you might be increasing your bounce rate, hurting your page rank, and, most importantly, losing potential contacts and clients. To learn more about whether you might need an attorney website redesign, contact Foster Web Marketing today at 888.886.0939.
Why do people leave my site?
While we have many clients who are very satisfied with our attorney website marketing services, we also have had some clients who have been promised things by other individuals or companies looking to gain their business. Two examples of promises that other companies have made that have caused some people to leave Foster Web Marketing include:
- Lower rates – While other companies may be able to offer cheaper rates and lower fees, they may fail to produce the results we can. The saying ‘you get what you pay for’ is applicable here because lower costs may not get you the higher quality product that often requires higher costs. When companies or individuals are charging lower rates, it is most likely because their product isn’t as top notch. Smaller, cheaper companies do not have the number of senior coders, developers, and SEO experts working on your site behind the scenes like we do.
- Page one placement on Google – It takes a lot of work to maintain a website correctly and optimize content precisely to get you on page one of Google. Many of our clients are on page one of Google, and it’s mainly due to the money we have invested in DSS and the behind-the-scenes work to make sure your website is optimized correctly. If you are leaving Foster Web Marketing to save money, you most likely will not get these benefits from a lower-priced company.
Generally, clients who have left Foster Web Marketing have not had great success showing up in search results. To talk with an attorney website marketing expert at Foster Web Marketing for help with your website, call us at 888-886-0939 today.
Why don't I get many contacts even though I have a lot of visitors?
There are four top reasons why you may be getting many visitors, but they aren’t contacting your law firm after visiting your attorney website. These reasons include:
- Too focused on SEO – If you are too concerned about appealing to the search engines and not writing good, quality content that is interesting to your potential clients, then your website visitors will leave your site and continue their search. There is a balance between having optimized content and interesting, helpful content.
- Don’t have an offer or something compelling – If you are not setting yourself apart from your competitors, then potential clients may not be as enticed to call you. By providing a free book or guide, it may give them a reason to contact you instead of your competition.
- Not using chat – People want answers and help fast. This is why the live chat function is so helpful in converting web visitors into clients. If you aren’t using it, you should be.
- No trackable phone number – Clients may be calling you, but if no one is answering the phone beyond a certain hour of the day, and the number is not being tracked, then you may be losing leads.
In order to get contacted by potential clients, make sure you are answering their potential questions in your content and make it easy for them to contact you. If you have questions about this information or need additional attorney online marketing help, call Foster Web Marketing today at 888-886-0939.
Besides my written content, what elements of my attorney website are most important?
You attorney website is often a potential client’s first impression of you and your law firm or practice. Although your content is important for informing your potential client, building a relationship, and urging them to call your office, most internet users won’t make it to your content if your website looks unprofessional or unreadable. When you’re building a website for a law firm and want to make a great impression, you should pay attention to the following website design elements:
- Your law firm’s logo. Your logo is one of the first things a user will see. Make sure it looks great and doesn’t clash with your overall color scheme.
- Your main image or video. Your homepage should have a prominent picture or video. Make sure it’s of high quality, not too big, and relevant to a potential client.
- How your website is organized and navigated. You should keep the most important information no more than a click or two away, and you should make sure that it’s easy to navigate through your site.
- Your color scheme. Colors give an idea of the overall tone of your attorney website. Choose colors that reflect your personality and look great together.
- How your text appears. Your great content should be inviting and easy to read. Pay attention to your text colors and font sizes.
- Ways to contact you and share with others. Some people just want to speak to a real person about their legal problems. Make sure they know how to contact you for more information, and consider adding social media buttons so your visitors can share with friends and family.
If you have questions about attorney website design, reach out to the experts at Foster Web Marketing. We can help you design an effective and attractive website that makes a great first impression on your potential clients, and we can help you build a library of great content and make sure your potential clients can find you online! Just give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or fill out our easy online contact form to learn more.
If I have a mobile website, do I have to update it separately from my main website?
At Foster Web Marketing, we fully integrate your mobile website with your traditional desktop website. This means that every piece of content that you add to your website via our Dynamic Self-Syndication (DSS) content management system will automatically also appear on your mobile website. This is true for a variety of content you may post, including:
- Library articles
- Blog posts
- News articles
- Frequently asked questions
- Case results
- Free offers
- Practice areas
- Homepage updates
Many people do not want to go mobile with their attorney website because they wrongly believe that it will be one more website to worry about, update, and manage. When you work with Foster Web Marketing, this is simply not the case. Once your mobile lawyer website is up, it will update in tandem with your main, traditional website every time. You can be reassured that any new content on the web can also be found, accessed, and read on a smartphone or tablet.
Are you ready to take your attorney website mobile and take advantage of the millions of new smartphone users across the country? Call our mobile web design team today to get started: 888-886-0939.
What is DSS?
DSS is known as Dynamic Self-Syndication, a content management and SEO tool that Foster Web Marketing created and developed. The purpose of DSS is to help business owners easily control their website by:
- Updating content – Once you learn DSS, it is easy to make fast changes to your site at any given time. If you want to change your headlines or page titles, DSS makes it simple to add keyword-rich titles and update your content within seconds.
- Adding content – You have complete control over your attorney website. This means that you can add content yourself or allow someone helping you with your marketing and SEO efforts to add an article, blog, frequently asked question or video right to your website in a matter of minutes. DSS makes adding page content to your site easy.
- Deleting content or a web page – When there is content on your website that you no longer want or is no longer pertinent, you can delete a website page without penalizing your site in search results. DSS creates a redirect link (directing web traffic to another relevant page on your site). This means that potential clients and search engines won’t see an error message if they land on a page that has been deleted – maintaining the integrity of your website.
This content management software will give you access to every page of your website so you can have complete control over it—adding pages, updating content or even deleting website pages.
For questions about DSS or for help with your attorney online marketing and SEO efforts, call Foster Web Marketing at 888.886.0939.
Why Do I Need Social Media?
You are not alone in asking this question. In fact, many small business owners often ask this same question. If you are trying to grow your business, then it is critical to your success to be involved in social media.
It may surprise you to know that many people turn to social media sites like Facebook and Twitter to find a doctor, chiropractor, personal injury lawyer, accident attorney or referral in their social communities. If your business does not have a Twitter or Facebook page, you will not be found. Thus, you will miss out on business. This is no different than lawyers who advertised on television early on. They got all the cases, while other attorneys who did not embrace new technology ignored the new opportunities to market their business. Do not let this happen to you. Embrace change and become part of the social community to market your business in new ways.
Even the search results page in Google shows you why it is important to be social. Search engine giant Google is highlighting the importance of the social search and has started ranking Google+ at the top of the results to showcases sites that your social community has interacted with. What this means is that Google ranks pages that people like in your social community higher than other results.
Talk to the attorney website marketing experts at Foster Web Marketing today for help with your social media and SEO needs. Call 888.886.0939 today.
How many pages should I have on my attorney website to make it successful?
Unfortunately, there is no right answer to this question – there’s no magic number of pages on your lawyer website that will secure you the number-one spot on the search engine, and there’s no limit to how many pages you can have. However, there are a few general guidelines: the more pages you have, the more chances you have of getting new visitors, getting new clients, and getting new contacts.
However, just because more pages are always better – both for search engine optimization and for your readers – it doesn’t mean that the quality of your pages should go down. Always make certain that each page you add is relevant to your practice, that each page contains accurate information, and that each page offers your reader something new and thoughtful. Repeating the same information on multiple pages, using duplicate content, or keyword stuffing will harm your page rank and your online reputation.
At Foster Web Marketing, we believe in making high-quality, effective attorney websites – and in training our clients to continue the success of their websites after the initial work is done. Through our Dynamic Self-Syndication (DSS) web content management system, you can add as many pages to your website as you wish. To learn more, contact our web design and marketing team by calling 888-886-0939 today.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.