You’ve Got Questions About Website Design; We’ve Got Answers!
A good website design comes off as uncomplicated and simple to use. But creating a design as beautiful as it is useful isn’t as easy as it looks! Here we answer the most common website design questions we field.
We hope that you are able to answer your questions here. If not, pick up the phone and call 888-886-0939. Our team would love to help you better understand how we design killer, conversion-rich websites.
- Page 5
What is a back-end campaign?
A back-end campaign is made up of the marketing activities that you do after a potential client contacts you. To maximize the effectiveness of your marketing efforts, it is important to follow up with every lead that you generate. This can be a lot of work, but this work can be lessened by using our online tools.
Your website may generate leads through contact forms, your listed phone number, online chat, or free reports. With each different lead generation method, you always want to have a different and specific back-end campaign. This can be a lot of work if you try to manually track all of your leads, which is why automated and custom back-end campaigns are supported by Foster Web Marketing’s DSS system.
Sending out emails and newsletters to your leads can translate into more leads. Including links to your website on your newsletter or in your emails will drive interested visitors back to your site. Oftentimes, leads that do not turn into cases for you may refer their friends or family to your firm.
Because of the value of back-end campaigns, it is one of the attorney online marketing areas that we focus on. Many customers of Foster Web Marketing take advantage of our well-known and well-developed DSS system to manage their back-end campaigns.
Call Foster Web Marketing today at 888.886.0939 and take advantage of our powerful and customizable lawyer online marketing tools.
What are some good ideas for my offline marketing?
An effective online marketing strategy for law firm websites can and should be strengthened by an active offline marketing plan. Traditional marketing tools and interaction with your local community can support and even bolster your lead generation and acquisition of customers.
Every local community is different and an offline marketing strategy should be targeted to acquire your ideal client in your area. There are several good ways to get started today. Here are a few:
- Distribute a newsletter – This is an effective marketing tool that has been used by a number of Foster Web Marketing clients. For example, attorney Ben Glass frequently sends out a newsletter and even has a dedicated website for it.
- Engage the local community – There are many ways to get involved locally, like sponsoring events, providing free presentations, or working with schools.
- Write for your local free newspaper or periodical – Many communities have free publications that are meant to serve the public. Writing articles related to your practice areas in these publications can help raise awareness of your firm and what you offer.
Navigating the many potential marketing channels that are available to your firm can be a daunting challenge—optimizing them can be just as challenging.
Contact Foster Web Marketing to get the help you need in optimizing your attorney website by calling 888.886.0939.
What are the disadvantages of only having a regular attorney website?
If you have a smartphone and have surfed the Web from your phone before, you probably know why it is important to have an attorney mobile website. However, if you aren’t familiar with mobile websites – or simply haven’t noticed a difference – it is important to understand the disadvantages of ignoring the mobile revolution.
Not having a mobile website means that your mobile visitors will:
- Deal with slow loading times. It only takes a few seconds of slow loading to discourage web surfers and cause them to navigate away from the page. Regular websites take much longer to load on phones than mobile websites.
- Deal with lots of scrolling and resizing. A regular website will require both vertical and horizontal scrolling – and possible resizing so that they can read the small fonts. Most will soon become too frustrated to continue.
- Leave to visit a competitor’s website. When a mobile device user is looking for a local lawyer on their smartphone, they will likely skip attorneys with traditional websites and find an attorney with a mobile website. If that’s not you, you will lose their business.
If you haven’t already, try viewing your lawyer website on a cell phone. How is the user experience? If you want to make it better, call our mobile website design team today at 888.886.0939.
I really want my new attorney website to look great. What should I be thinking about?
Choosing to build a new website is exciting. Although it’s not the only consideration, a lot of the fun in attorney website design is figuring out how your website will look when it is finished and live. No one wants to see an ugly website! You want a great-looking site that will invite your web visitors to come on in and take a look around. How can you build a website that’s easy on the eyes?
Here are a couple of things you should be thinking about:
- Layout. The layout of your website dictates how all the elements—text, graphics, buttons, etc.—fit together on your page. Small changes in the layout can make a big difference in how your website looks and performs. Think about what your web visitors will be looking for, and make sure those are the elements that stand out and are quickly accessible. Consider incorporating menus that are easy to read and navigate, and keep in mind that leaving a little white space makes it all seem a little more professional.
- Color. Color is more important than you might think. You need to use web-safe colors that will be consistent for your users, and you want to use color to set the tone of your attorney website. Think about relaxing blues or aggressive reds, but don’t go overboard. Choose colors that won’t clash or end up giving your web visitors a headache.
If you need help with attorney web design that will wow your web visitors, speak with the law firm website design experts at Foster Web Marketing today. Just give us a call at 888-886-0939, or fill out the quick online contact form available on this page.
My attorney website isn’t perfect, but does it really matter as long as I have a site out there?
This is a question our online attorney marketing team hears a lot. Many people believe that any website will do: toss up a slapdash attorney website, and call it good. The truth is, it would be better to have no website at all. In fact, crummy attorney website design can actually hurt your marketing efforts and send potential clients to your competitors’ sites.
Here are a few of the website mistakes that can send potential clients packing:
- Ugly or unprofessional. Let’s face it – if your site looks cheesy, crowded, unreadable, or the colors clash, then your potential clients are going to move on to a site that looks more professional and accessible.
- Slow to load. Web users aren’t really known for their patience, and they’re not going to wait for a site that is bogged down with graphics and widgets or takes more than a few seconds to load.
- Lacking worthwhile content. Ultimately, people search the Web because they have questions and are looking for answers. Even if your lawyer website looks great, no one will stick around if you don’t have anything to offer.
If you are unhappy with your current website, or if you are ready to build a website from scratch, speak with the experts at Foster Web Marketing today. You can reach us at 888-886-0939 today to get started.
We also recommend you take a look at our powerful guide, The Five Biggest Mistakes 99% of Lawyers Make with Their Websites, which you can receive for FREE just by giving us a call or filling out our quick online contact form.
Why are mobile websites for lawyers so important? Can’t potential clients see my regular website on mobile devices?
Mobile websites for lawyers are more important than ever. While potential clients may be able to browse your traditional lawyer website from their smartphones, what they actually end up seeing could be hard to read or impossible to navigate. The unfortunate truth is that most websites are painful to use from a phone or other mobile device—and your mobile visitors will move on if the site isn’t optimized for mobile users.
It has been estimated that around 50% of all local searches are coming from smartphones now. While it seems like people are starting to prefer turning to their phones for a quick Google search, they have to balance convenience with a few drawbacks:
- Small screens. Smaller screen sizes mean users end up scrolling around to try to read most traditional websites—which quickly gets old. It’s also more difficult to read on such small screens.
- Tap controls. Any website that isn’t optimized for tap controls can be a headache to use, especially for users in a hurry.
- Bandwidth issues. Even LTE networks can have issues, making most websites really slow to load, and users won’t wait around. A dedicated mobile website can be optimized to load much more quickly on mobile devices.
Give us a call today at 888-886-0939 to talk about how mobile attorney marketing can work for you and connect you with more contacts and clients. The online marketing experts with Foster Web Marketing can help you with everything from building a mobile website to keeping it updated with fresh, informative content and social media integration.
If already offer a mobile app for my potential clients, do I still need a mobile attorney website?
Although a mobile app is a great place to start and is a creative way to reach out to your clients, mobile apps just can’t take the place of properly optimized mobile websites for lawyers. Consider the following:
- A mobile attorney website works on any platform, unlike apps.
- Apps have to be installed, but your lawyer website can be viewed instantly.
- Mobile websites are more likely to show up in Google results from mobile searches.
- An easy-to-navigate mobile website connects clients with information faster—and it makes it easier to find and install your app!
If you would like more information about mobile websites for attorneys or creating mobile apps to offer to your potential clients, give us a call today at 888-886-0939 or use the contact form on this page. We would be happy to help you build a strong mobile presence, bring in more contacts, and use your online attorney marketing to show your firm in its best light.
We’d also like to offer you a completely FREE copy of our must-read book, The 5 Biggest Mistakes 99% of Lawyers Make with Their Websites, which explains more about how to take advantage of the power of the Web and start converting your web visitors into contacts and clients.
Can I monitor the traffic to my mobile site?
You can monitor traffic to your mobile website for your law firm using the free service Google Analytics (GA). If you're familiar with GA, you already know that it's a great tool for tracking traffic and can help you tweak your legal web marketing campaign.
With so many smartphones in use today, many sites are offering a mobile version of their website. Using Google Analytics, you're able to see how many people have visited the mobile version of your site. It also gives you data on the type of smartphone the visitor used, including details on the operating system, such as Android or iOS.
This information isn't difficult to access, especially if you've been using GA. Once you're logged in, just click on “view reports.” It’ll display the report right away or, if you have more than one account, you can select the one you want. From here, click the “visitors” tab on the left part of the screen, then “mobile,” and finally “devices” – this should display the traffic for your mobile site.
You can take a look at a variety of data, which GA has gathered on your behalf, such as which smartphones were used and the number of mobile visitors. In addition to the basic data, you can also view more specific information regarding your visitors. If you browse around the page, you will see that there are various arrows and drop boxes available for you to click on. This shows you in-depth information about how visitors got there, where they are from, and what they looked at.
If you'd like to get more information on how to generate traffic to your website, give us a call for a consultation at 888-886-0939. Also be sure to download a copy of our report “The 5 Biggest Mistakes 99% of Lawyers Make with Their Websites.”
If I am getting a lot of traffic to my site, doesnt that mean that I have an effective attorney Web design?
Not necessarily. The goal of creating and maintaining a website is to attract quality leads. You have to think of your website from a marketing perspective. It should be drawing in the types of cases you want. If it is not, you need to re-examine your current attorney Web design.
In our article, My Website is Generating Traffic...Why Would I Need a New Attorney Web Design?, we talk about this subject in depth. For example, we discuss the factors that need to be incorporated into your website design, which will help you not only get Web traffic, but also convert those visitors into contacts. These components include relevant content, Web video and a free offer.
If you are not getting quality leads from your website, contact a marketing specialist at our office today by calling 888.886.0939 or filling out our online form.
Be sure to order a FREE copy of the report, The 5 Biggest Mistakes 99% of Lawyers Make With Their Attorney Website.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.