Putting almost any kind of video on your attorney website, social media sites, and YouTube can potentially add power to your marketing strategy. However, the real magic of video marketing comes into play when your videos compel people to watch, connect, take away something of value, and share your video content with their friends and families.
When done right, even one great video can go a long way to spread the word about your law firm!
Do you hit a roadblock when you try to think of topics? Are you having trouble figuring out what people are interested in or why they would care what you have to say? The trick is to step outside yourself and explore what's going on around you and what's of interest to your clients.
Ready to get started?
14 Ways to Find Inspiration for Your Website Videos
- Look at your existing content. You have already put the time and effort into blogs and articles for your website, so why not expand on that same information for a video? You could summarize a longer article, share a relevant anecdote, answer a relevant question, or explore one aspect of the article topic.
- Ask your staff. Few resources are as good as the people who work directly with your clients, day after day. Even if you’re stumped for ideas, your paralegals, legal assistants, and other staff members are probably harboring a wealth of ideas for video topics that would be helpful to your new and potential clients.
- Ask your clients. The people you serve are often overlooked as potential resources for video and content ideas. Since you are trying to go after people exactly like the clients you already help, who better to ask an opinion of than your existing clients? They will be able to give you insight on what they were looking for in a law firm and what they think would interest potential viewers. They can also tell you what they think would not work, which could end up saving you time and money in the long run.
- Check out your competitors. We aren't saying you should shoot word-for-word copies of your competitors’ videos, but it doesn’t hurt to look at what they’re doing to attract new clients. The bonus is that, by browsing through what has been tried by others in your region and industry, you are bound to come up with your own ideas or angles for compelling videos.
- Check out the news. Current news stories are great bases for videos, especially when you can easily make a connection between the cases your firm handles and what is going on in the world today. Done properly, that connection will position you in your viewers' minds as an authority in your field. Video is also easily picked up by news outlets, giving you a chance to really expand your reach.
- Answer and explain. This is one of the most basic and foundational ways to come up with video ideas that will connect you with more great clients and cases. Think about the most frequent questions you hear from your clients and potential clients, then try answering those questions on video. You could also explain a common legal issue in layman’s terms, talk about an important change in the law, or share clear information that will help potential clients with their concerns.
- Brainstorm from magazine headlines. Catchy magazine titles and stories can give you tons of ideas, as long as you are thinking far enough outside of the box to apply it to your own practice. For example, the headline, “Top 10 Must-Have Beauty Products to Use This Summer” can easily be transformed into, “Top 10 Must-Have Insurance Tips for Your Summer Vacation Home.”
- Debunk a myth. When researching a legal issue, many potential clients land on your website with common misconceptions about what attorneys are like, how much their case is worth, how the legal system works, etc. By using video to debunk these myths and inform your viewers, you save your visitor time and erase common doubts. These kinds of videos not only give vital information to your viewers, they also establish you as someone who has vital information to give in the first place.
- Give a tour. When you welcome guests into your home, you show them around. Welcoming online visitors to your website should be no different. Create a video that is a tour of the most useful pages on your attorney website or give them a behind-the-scenes tour of your office.
- Introduce yourself. Unlike text, video is instantly personal: viewers will see what you look like, how you sound, and what your personality is like. Take a few minutes to tell your viewers about yourself, why you became an attorney, and why you love being a lawyer. Share a few facts about your law office. Talk about your mission and mindset, or simply spend a moment welcoming your visitors and letting them know what you’re about.
- Try a series. Create a series of short videos that all address facets of a particular topic or that continue a popular discussion that started on your website or social media pages. If you really love making videos for your law firm, you might even consider starting a video blog. You can address current events that relate to your clients, talk about upcoming events, or just answer a weekly or monthly question!
- Connect with others and deepen relationships. Web users love to share videos that help them connect with others, and they love to watch videos from people and brands that they feel a connection with. Think about how your information and expertise can help your users reach out to other people with similar issues, and let your personality and passion show while you do it. When you think about your audience and are willing to share what you do best, you can make a lasting personal connection with your viewers.
- Create emotional impact and/or raise awareness. The stories of your past cases and clients help people connect emotionally with the information you share. Showing your dedication to raising awareness about the issues that are important to both you and your clients makes an impact that brings people together. While people sometimes have trouble retaining technical or complex information, they will usually remember the emotional impact of what you shared—and come back for more.
- Call your viewers to action! Don’t forget to include “calls to action” in your videos, just like you do in your written content and emails. For example, use your videos to let your viewers know that they can give your office a call anytime with questions, that they can check out your new book, or that they can use your contact form to schedule an appointment.
Need more ideas on how to come up with effective website video content? Call Foster Web Marketing at 888.886.0939 to start a conversation with our team—or choose your on-site video shoot package, and let’s get started right now.
Are You Considering Adding Customized, High Quality Videos To Your Legal Or Medical Website? You Should Be!
In today's fast-paced, highly technical online world, if you're not using unique, customized video to attract new leads and clients you're definitely missing a key component to your marketing strategy. Foster Web Marketing is here to help! Please contact us online or call our office directly at 888.866.0939 to schedule your free consultation with our experienced marketing team. We have been helping clients throughout the United States and internationally since 1998 and are confident we can help you not only reach, but exceed your goals.