If your business listing isn’t accurate, potential clients will be unable to find you in local searches. That means lost business opportunities. The DSS™ Local Listing Builder tool is an add-on feature that will help you manage your business listing to create a more effective online presence. This tool provides syncing capabilities with 40 local listings and four major aggregators.
Build Your Local Listing Presence
To get started, access the Local Listing Builder tool at http:
The Overview Tab
The "Overview page" provides you with a snapshot of how easy it is for Google to find your business.
This page contains the following information:
- Business Profile Completed displays the percentage of data you have submitted for your profile. The more information you provide, the more complete your profile becomes. To edit your business profile, click on the "Edit Business Profile" button (labeled A) or click on the "Business Profile" tab.
- My Listing New Visits works in conjunction with the DSS Reputation Management tool and displays the number of site visits that occurred in the past 30 days. To edit your listing, click on the "Edit My Listing" button (labeled B) or click on the "My Listing" tab.
- Data Provider Accuracy is the number of data providers (out of the four major players) that have your complete and accurate business profile information. To review your listing details, click on the "Monitor Listing Distribution" button (labeled C) or click on the "Listing Distribution" tab.
- Sites Syncing gives you information on the number of local citations sites synced with your business listing information. To review your presence on business listing sites, click on the "Manage Listing Sync" button (labeled D) or click on the "Listing Sync" tab.
The My Listing Tab
The "My Listing" page is a convenient way to track how many site visits have occurred in the past 30 days. It works in conjunction with the DSS Reputation Management tool:
- If you have the DSS Reputation Management tool enabled, and use the default review generation settings for "Send users to my preferred sites," then clients will only be sent to this listing page if they had a negative experience and want to leave feedback.
- If you click the "Branding" tab while in the "My Listing" page, you can update your logo, favicon (the shortcut icon associated with your URL), and the business information that is displayed.
To edit your My Listing information, click on the "Edit" button at the bottom next to "Reviews."
To review how the "My Listing" function works, here's an example.
The Listing Distribution Tab
The "Listing Distribution" page displays how your information is accurately listed on the four main data aggregators in the United States: Acxiom, Factual, Infogroup, and Localeze. Search engines and local listing directories rely on reliable information from data aggregators.
When you review your listing distribution, you'll be able to quickly spot complete and incomplete information:
- If there's a
checkmark, then the information is correct on that data aggregator
- If there's an error, you'll see
- If the aggregator doesn't have key information, you'll see
- If you notice an icon, the information is
processing. It can take up to six weeks for your site information to completely sync with an aggregator.
If you discover incomplete information, return to the "Business Profile" tab and add any additional information to your listing information.
The Listing Sync Tab
The "Listing Sync" page provides information the number of local citations synced with your business listing information. Local citations indicate how many times your company is mentioned in some form on other websites, whether by company name, phone number, location, and so on. The more local citations you have, the higher the search rankings for your site.
If you have another local listing sync tool such as Yext, you'll see the icon, indicating the listing is claimed somewhere else.
The Business Profile Tab
The "Business Profile" page, shows the level of completion of the profile information. A more thorough profile will have a higher percentage; this makes it easier for local listings and aggregators to share accurate details about your business. It's beneficial to complete each field in the business profile so sites have more information to index, thus improving search rankings.
To learn more about the Local Listing Builder tool, watch the following training video:
This provides a brief overview of the Local Listings Builder tool. As always, Foster Web Marketing is dedicated to your success. If you need any help, please contact us using the DSS Need Help button, emailing [email protected], or calling 888-886-0939. We'll be happy to assist you!