On this week’s episode of the World of Marketing, Chris Mullins is here to put it to you straight. Depression is rampant, and it’s not being taken seriously enough. Sometimes, you don’t even notice you have it yourself—that’s why we need each other. It’s also why Chris is passionate about eradicating the factors contributing to this disease.
Here’s what Chris has to say about how she manages it, how it’s impacting your business, and how to begin fixing it:
1. Trusted clients (managing partners, lawyers, intake specialists, etc.) share with me privately about their struggles with depression, mental health, and feeling like they aren’t good enough. Suicide rates for lawyers are now at an all-time high—overtaking dentists who used to rank at the top of the list.
2. I can relate. I struggle with depression and trauma.
3. Intake specialists, lawyers, and law firm staff struggle greatly with mental health, but NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT IT AT THE LAW FIRMS. NO LAW FIRMS THAT I KNOW OF ACROSS THE COUNTRY TALK ABOUT IT ON A REGULAR BASIS TO HELP THEIR TEAM MEMBERS GET THE SUPPORT THEY NEED. I want to help bring even more awareness to the link between depression and suicide and encourage law firms to take steps to address this critical issue—even if it’s a slow start for them. They need to be encouraged to just begin.
4. My private clients vent to me about this. I coach and guide them with the cultural changes they need to start making, and I keep it simple so they will just begin to focus on this epidemic.
5. Of course, it goes without saying that providing this type of support and help to all team members will absolutely help with staff retention as well as performance.
Watch the episode to get an inside look at the war on depression as Chris and Tom admit to battling it themselves. This is an interesting one you don’t want to miss!
Crisistextline.org text 741 - 741
Are You A Lawyer Or podiatrist Who Needs To Get More Clients?
If you've been trying to get more leads, more clients or patients, and you're not sure how to get there, Foster Web Marketing is here to help. Contact us online or call our office directly at 866.497.6199 to schedule your free consultation. We have been helping clients throughout the United States and internationally since 1998 and are confident we can help you not only reach, but exceed your goals.