Keywords are the foundation of great online marketing for attorneys, but it’s easy to make mistakes—especially if you’re just starting out. If you are new to online marketing, make sure you put the time and effort into choosing the best keywords for your campaign. Here are a few common keyword mistakes to avoid:
- Using keywords no one is searching for. Although it seems obvious, it’s worth mentioning. Make sure you monitor your keywords and understand which keywords are actually driving traffic.
- Using keywords that are too competitive. If you only choose popular and competitive keywords, then you could find yourself constantly fighting for ranking against tons of other sites.
- Using keywords that are too specific. Although there is less competition for more specific keywords, using keywords that are too specific can make it difficult for clients to find you.
- Using keywords that are too broad. If the keywords you choose are too broad, then you’re more likely to be wasting time and money on clicks from users who do not need your services.
- Using one-word keywords. One-word keywords are almost always both too broad and too competitive, meaning that they are rarely a good focus for your online marketing efforts.
If you need help with keywords or online marketing for attorneys, speak with the online marketing experts at Foster Web Marketing today. We’d be happy to help you choose great keywords for your marketing campaign, help you incorporate them effectively, and help you maintain your adjust your keywords as needed. Give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or fill out our online contact form for more information!