What is Google Places?
Google Places is a service offered by Google that allows users to see results local to their area, which are then connected to a local business page with more information about you and directions via Google Maps. Some people have called Google Places “the new Yellow Pages” because this is increasingly the way that people are finding local businesses, including law firms.
Why is my ranking with Google Places important?
When users search for a local attorney, they will see the Google Places results on the first page—before they even get a chance to look at the usual organic search results that might display your lawyer website. Law firms that rank highly with Google Places for that local area will be displayed with a phone number and link to your site, if available.
Essentially, Google Places gives you an edge in getting to the very top of potential local clients’ search results. Ranking highly with Google Places means that you will be able to reach out to more potential clients who are both local to your area and searching for services you provide. And, as icing on the cake, Google Places is increasingly the first stop for smartphone users looking for local services!
If you need help with online marketing for your law firm, speak with one of our web marketing experts today at 888-886-0939. We can help you formulate an effective online marketing plan that makes your law firm shine, bringing in more leads and more cases. For more information about who we are and what we do, request your FREE copy of our book, The 5 Biggest Mistakes 99% of Lawyers Make with Their Websites.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
- Posted on 02/08/2019What Clickbait Teaches Us About Attracting Attention Online
- Posted on 02/01/2019Critical Tips for Managing Your Email List
- Posted on 01/08/2019Different Types of Search Results for Attorneys
- "We are very happy with where we are and where we’re headed." Coy Browning
- “We have doubled, or even tripled, leads coming from the internet. Before, I was getting around 1,400 website sessions per month. Now, I’m getting 3,000 per month.” Brenda Geiger, Geiger Law Office P.C.
- "You guys exceeded my expectations! This was exactly what I wanted." Lucas Foust
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.