What is Google Places?
Google Places is a service offered by Google that allows users to see results local to their area, which are then connected to a local business page with more information about you and directions via Google Maps. Some people have called Google Places “the new Yellow Pages” because this is increasingly the way that people are finding local businesses, including law firms.
Why is my ranking with Google Places important?
When users search for a local attorney, they will see the Google Places results on the first page—before they even get a chance to look at the usual organic search results that might display your lawyer website. Law firms that rank highly with Google Places for that local area will be displayed with a phone number and link to your site, if available.
Essentially, Google Places gives you an edge in getting to the very top of potential local clients’ search results. Ranking highly with Google Places means that you will be able to reach out to more potential clients who are both local to your area and searching for services you provide. And, as icing on the cake, Google Places is increasingly the first stop for smartphone users looking for local services!
If you need help with online marketing for your law firm, speak with one of our web marketing experts today at 888-886-0939. We can help you formulate an effective online marketing plan that makes your law firm shine, bringing in more leads and more cases. For more information about who we are and what we do, request your FREE copy of our book, The 5 Biggest Mistakes 99% of Lawyers Make With Their Websites.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
- Posted on 04/03/2020How Attorneys Can Pivot During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Posted on 03/04/2020Goodbye to Some Review Stars in Google Search
- Posted on 03/02/2020Get More Contacts and Clients With a Website Redesign
- South Dakota Attorney Scott Swier and his executive director, Sara Travis, talk about how Foster Web Marketing has helped them grow and continue to bring in new clients Scott Swier and Sara Travis
- Oklahoma Attorney Lee Berlin was running a successful criminal law practice, but he wasn’t happy with his website performance. Then he made the switch to Foster Web Marketing, and his business took off. Lee Berlin
- Ohio Attorney Ed LIttlejohn found success by following the tips of Great Legal Marketing and Ben Glass, as well as partnering with FWM. Those things have helped Ed grow his business and bring in more leads.
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.