How you improve your social media marketing strategy really depends on what your goals for using social media really are. Think about what you want out of social media. Do you want more clients? More contacts? Do you want to provide better customer service and maintain relationships with prior clients? Once you clearly understand your goals, ask yourself this round of questions:
- What kind of content am I providing?
- How often am I adding new content?
- Am I responding to comments and messages in a timely manner?
- How active are social media users in following and sharing my content?
- Am I effectively engaging with my social media followers?
- Am I really meeting and maintaining relationships with potential and prior clients?
If your social media could use some work in one of more of these areas, start making real progress toward improvement while keeping your social media goals in mind. Think about ways you can increase your engagement with your social audience, and think about providing compelling content that would be more relevant to your ideal client.
It’s also worth noting that social media marketing takes a little time to gain momentum. You aren’t likely to see sizeable results immediately, but you should start to see better results over time—especially if you continue to provide interesting and shareable social media content!
If you need help improving your social media marketing, speak with the friendly, online attorney marketing team with Foster Web Marketing today. We’d be happy to take a look at your current campaign and put in the work to make it the powerful marketing tool it should be. Just give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or fill out the online contact form on this page for more information.