For a long time, many marketers have yearned for a simple way to link their Google Analytics and Google AdWords accounts. Before the recent improvements, the process was confusing and difficult, discouraging people from linking the accounts. However, thanks to a new, simple linking process, you can easily link your Analytics and AdWords accounts. Now, the linking process can be done in just three steps:
- Enter the Admin section of your Analytics account.
- Click on "AdWords Linking" under the Accounts column.
- Click on "New Links,” which will bring you to the linking wizard.
The wise Linking Wizard will take you through the simple steps and, before you know it—Kazam!—your Google Analytics and Google AdWords accounts are forever linked. This may not seem like a big deal; however, as a marketing firm who loves helping our clients understand and use Google Analytics, the simplified process is fantastic.
Why You Should Link Your Accounts
According to Google, linking your AdWords and Analytics accounts will allow you to:
- Import Analytics goals and transactions into AdWords. This will let you define successes, most often without needing to retag your site.
- View site engagement stats that will help you better understand your marketing performance and how best to optimize.
- Reach new audiences through remarketing with data from Google Analytics.
- See data across many accounts.
Another benefit is that the linking permits Google Analytics to import information from AdWords, and vice-versa. This makes it easier for users of the two programs to have more of the data they need and better determine the effectiveness of their marketing and ROI.
For help linking your accounts—or getting Google Analytics and Google AdWords accounts to begin with—contact our web SEO analytics team at 888.886.0939.