So you made a great video. But then you just slapped it up on YouTube, and nothing happened. With very few hits and no referring traffic, it’s just your awesome video sitting there, all alone on the internet.
Wonder why your video is failing? More than likely it’s because you neglected a crucial aspect of video marketing: video optimization.
Five Steps to Video SEO Success
Luckily for you, Alecsy Christensen at Search Engine Watch created an extensive list of tips for video SEO beginners such as yourself. To ensure that you are making the most of your video SEO efforts, be sure to consider these top five video SEO tips when creating and loading your videos:
- Focused Content. When you are writing the scripts for your videos, be sure you consider your intent. You want to create short videos that entertain, inform, and lend themselves to sharing. Each of your videos should clearly be connected to your brand and build on current brand recognition efforts.
- Captivating Titles. Think hard before giving your video a title. It should be interesting and capture prospective clients’ attention, but the title should contain a key phrase if possible. Tip: Research to find your top keywords before titling your videos, and then weave them into an interesting, eye-catching title.
- Effective Tagging. Tagging your video is critical to its success. Tags should not contain technical terms and, instead, should reflect what people would type into a search bar to find a firm like yours. Tip: Look back at your list of keywords, and ensure that these are part of your tags.
- Dominant Description. Before people click on your video, they read its description. So make sure the description matches the theme of the video, is interesting, and contains those ever-important relevant keywords. Tip: The title and description of your video should harmonize. You want it to be obvious that they describe the same video, but they should not match exactly.
- Links. When uploading your video to sites such as YouTube and Vimeo, be sure to add links that point back to your site. Tip: The links you add should bring the viewer to appropriate landing pages on your site. So, if your video is about car accident prevention tips, the link on the page should take the viewer to your car accident practice area page.
As video and SEO experts, we understand that videos without proper optimization aren’t as effective as they can be, and we hope these tips help you make the most of your videos.
For more tips, or to speak with our team, please call 888-886-0939. We would love to help you realize video marketing success.