Sometimes, a single video is worth more than a hundred lines of text—or even a handful of photographs. Videos immediately engage visitors, and they can help inform potential clients and give them a peek into the personality and professionalism of your business. Now, add in the overwhelming popularity of YouTube with users of all kinds, and you have a match made in marketing heaven.
At Foster Web Marketing, we’ve made the choice to move the hosting of our website videos to YouTube. For us and our clients, it makes perfect sense to migrate our videos over to the most popular video-sharing site in the world. If you’re still on the fence about it, though, here is some information that will help you understand why you might also want to host your videos on YouTube. We think you might be surprised at just how many benefits come with making the switch.
Four Ways YouTube Hosting and Embedded Videos Benefit You
YouTube is free, easy, and offers a lot of ways to reach more people with your videos. While it might have been laughable to host a professional video on YouTube not all that many years ago, the Web changes—and so should you. While YouTube still offers a ton of funny cat videos and family bloopers, it also has a professional side that is increasingly taken advantage of by businesses both large and small.
These days, there is a ton of reasons that you should consider hosting your practice’s videos on YouTube, including benefits like:
- Popularity. YouTube is a major Google property. It is the second most popular search engine in the world, and it is the third most visited site. YouTube is popular with both desktop and mobile users, and it’s gained and maintained an incredible popularity with users of all kinds. People say that you can learn just about anything on YouTube, and “how to” terms make up a high volume of searches on the site. From how to install kitchen cabinets to the symptoms of an illness to what to do after a car accident, people are overwhelmingly turning to YouTube first for answers and engaging information.
- Improved visibility. The number of times a video has been embedded on outside websites is one of the many factors YouTube uses to rank videos. Embedding your YouTube videos on your site will help improve your “view” numbers, which will ultimately help to improve your YouTube visibility. The ability to embed your YouTube videos on your website is already convenient, and the visibility you gain in the process is a major bonus.
- Ease of use. YouTube is familiar, intuitive, and easy to use. People of all ages are familiar with the site, know how to use it, and trust the brand. YouTube is a great choice for video hosting because it makes it easy for you to add and optimize your videos, while also making it easy for new viewers to dig deeper, share what you have to say, or watch your other videos.
- Unlimited video bandwidth. Do you have a video that’s going viral? No problem! YouTube can handle the sudden spikes and heavy traffic that a popular video brings, meaning that you don’t need to worry about downtime or being punished for making a great video. No matter how many people show up to watch, your video will be available and visible as the buzz about it increases. There’s also no limit on the number of videos you can upload.
Keep in mind that videos on YouTube should still be optimized to perform well, so take a look at the options for making playlists, using paid ads, adding annotations, adding titles and descriptions, and adding captions and translations. You’ll also want to participate in the full extent of what the site has to offer by creating a channel, responding to comments and feedback, and uploading videos regularly. By taking a few extra steps to do it right, a move to hosting your videos on YouTube expands the reach of your marketing efforts, drives more traffic to your site, and boosts your brand in the eyes of your potential clients.
How to Get the Embed Code for a Video Hosted on YouTube
Your users won’t have to stop using your website and go to YouTube to watch your videos. You can keep viewers right where they are by embedding the video on your page. It’s as simple as pasting a little snippet of code, which YouTube will prepare for you. If you’re not sure how to get started, here are the instructions from Google Support for getting the embed code for a video:
- Get online, and pull up the YouTube video you want to embed.
- Under the video, click the Share icon, which looks like this.
- Click Embed.
- A box will appear with a snippet of HTML code for you to copy.
- Copy the code and paste it in the HTML for your blog or website.
If you need help embedding a YouTube video in DSS, or if you’d like to talk more about why hosting videos on YouTube is a great choice, reach out to the friendly professionals at Foster Web Marketing today at 888-886-0939.