Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Website Design and Marketing for Attorneys, Doctors, and Other Professionals
Below are some questions many clients have when they first contact Foster Web Marketing about the online marketing world.
The questions below may address many initial concerns you may have. If you don't find your answers here, you should contact us for answers to any questions specific to your firm.
- Page 4
Why Do Lawyers Need to Use YouTube?
It is a fact that lawyers are getting cases from the videos they have posted online. It is also a fact that people think lawyers are intimidating, untrustworthy, and overwhelming. You may not like to hear that, but it's the truth. Video is your chance to change their perception and, if done properly, encourage them to pick up the phone and call your office.
You have likely heard about the Google Panda update, which has recently hurt many websites that publish "spammy" content. Studies have shown that since the Google Panda update, sites like YouTube are up to 18% more visible in Google search results.
Google is tracking the activity of visitors on your site and using that data to decide if it's worthy of top page ranking. How much time a user spends on your site is among the data they are tracking. Video is one of the best ways to keep visitors on your site longer. In addition to adding "Google juice" to your site, video builds trust with potential clients. Many of our clients note that when new clients come to their office, they feel like they already know each other because of their videos.
To learn more about how to get your firm found on YouTube and turn those viewers into clients, get a free hard copy of our book "The Small Business Guide to YouTube."
When sharing my personal information on the internet, how much is too much?
It doesn't matter whether you're posting comments on your personal or professional social media pages when it comes to sharing too much information. Just be sure that there's nothing that would deter possible prospects coming to the door of your legal firm. In fact, think of all posts as communication that directly affects your legal web marketing and your practice, and you'll be just fine.
Ask yourself these questions when posting information on Facebook, Twitter, or other legal web marketing outlets:
- Is your post friendly, interesting, and professional? Remember that social media is a place to let your hair down while still attracting potential clients.
- Would you feel comfortable directing clients or even your mother or father to your posts?
- Are you cognizant that the information you post online today will be available for a very, very long time, even if you try to remove it? The online risk protection company Symantec calls this phenomenon a "digital tattoo."
- Have you checked your privacy settings recently? Do it often, as the settings morph without warning.
If you feel like your web marketing strategy needs a boost, give the internet marketing experts with Foster Web Marketing a call for a consultation at 888-886-0939. Also, be sure to take a look at our book Explode Your Practice through Internet Marketing.
How Can I Ensure I'm Not Affected by Google's Latest Changes?
Google constantly updates their search algorithm to provide more relevant, higher quality results. Because Google is constantly making changes to their system, there is a common misconception that we should be constantly adapting our strategies, as well. Many marketers seem to think that Google is out just to shake things up, but that's simply not true.
What Google is trying to do with each update is minimize the effects of what's known as "content farms." These websites try their best to achieve the highest ranking by including as many keywords as possible, no matter how irrelevant they may be. They want the highest rankings so that they can throw all kinds of advertising at the people who click on their links. Essentially, these content farms offer poor quality content and try to make up for it with lists of irrelevant keywords.
For many years, content farms were highly successful, as it was difficult to filter quality with search algorithms. But Google has been working hard and has become very good at what it does. High quality, relevant content is what their new search algorithm looks for. Don't let Google's changes worry you. You should simply continue to write great content, as Google is looking for just that.
If you're concerned that Google's new system will affect traffic to your site, give us a call and let us assess your web marketing campaign. Foster Web Marketing has been providing attorneys with their web marketing campaigns since 1998. Give us a call for a consultation at 888-886-0939 and be sure to download and read our book "The 5 Biggest Mistakes 99% of Lawyers Make with Their Websites."
How Can Lawyers Increase Their Client Conversion Rate?
More cases are the point of the game, right? The whole reason you want an attorney website is to bring more cases to your firm. We started with that in mind and worked backwards to create a system that makes it as easy as possible for our clients to rank high in search results, get more website traffic, and ultimately get more cases.
How do lawyers use a website to increase the number of web visitors and convert them into real cases?
It all starts with content. You need to provide free information to anyone who is searching for it. This means blog posts, articles, news pieces, and especially video. Video is proven to keep web visitors on your site longer and convert more clients than text content. There is no such thing as too much content as long as it's interesting and helpful. Additionally, you need to make sure there is a "call to action" on every page of your website. Don't leave an interested visitor without direction. Capture their contact information by offering them a free book or report and continue to market to them.
Here is an important thing to consider about conversion rates: some of the most successful lawyers have the lowest conversion rates. How can that be? Because they have marketed themselves so well that they can no longer take on the number of cases they are presented with. Once you reach this point, you can raise your rates and won't need as many cases.
For more information, contact us online or give us a call at 888-886-0939.
Are There Apps to Help Boost My Productivity?
There are many different apps available for Android and iOS-based smartphones that can boost your productivity by offering easier ways to accomplish your daily tasks. These productivity apps also provide great opportunities for legal web marketers to cater to the ever-increasing number of smartphone users.
Here is a list of the 3 most popular free productivity apps that offer an easy-to-use user interface, but handle some complex tasks as well:
- 1. Wunderlist specializes in organizing your tasks, and it makes it easy to share them with others so you don't have to waste time trying to keep track of who needs to be reminded of what. Once you set up an account with Wunderlist, you can sync your smartphone and other devices through their cloud-based system. When you make changes or create new a new task, it is uploaded automatically. It can even send you emails about upcoming tasks.
- 2. Evernote is an app which helps you create notes, organize them, and share them with all of your other devices. You can take notes, capture photos, create lists, record voice notes, and have all of these available to you on any device with Evernote installed. For example, if you have Evernote on both your smartphone and home computer, you can save your research with Evernote at your home computer and access it with your smartphone or vice versa. The key here is the cross-platform compatibility that it offers.
- 3. Dropbox is probably the most popular of the three, and for good reason. Like Evernote, Dropbox gives you access through various devices. As the name suggests, you simply drop any file into its special folders and it'll be automatically uploaded to the Dropbox servers (they offer free 2GB storage) and downloaded to your other devices with Dropbox installed.
By keeping up to date on the latest apps for smartphones, you are ensuring that your own web marketing strategies are up to date as well. If you've been wondering how your web marketing campaign stacks up against your competition, give us a call for a consultation at 888-886-0939. Don't forget to download a copy of our book "The 5 Biggest Mistakes 99% Of Lawyers Make with Their Websites."
Can I Track My Direct Mail Campaign In Google Analytics?
Using the resources available from Google Analytics, you can pretty much track any of your legal web marketing efforts. In regards to direct mail, you can place a Quick Response (QR) code in your mailings, which is a special barcode that can be scanned with smartphones and other barcode readers. When the recipient scans your QR code, the data can be sent to Google Analytics for your analysis. A good way to get the consumer to scan your QR code is to tie in a promotional offer along with it.
Another method is to create an alternative, promotional web page on your site, and use Google Analytics to embed a tracking code on the page. This will track promotional traffic referred by the direct mailings. Be sure to place the promotional URL in the mailings! Adding both the QR code and promotional URL gives you a good chance of tracking the results. You also want to make sure you are adding parameters to the URLs that you create.
Tracking direct mail and other offline marketing campaigns can save you money and time. And, if you're already using Google Analytics for tracking your online marketing, you can view your offline results with the same account.
If you're not using Google Analytics and you'd like to, or if you want to have a professional look over your web marketing campaign, give us a call today at 888-886-0939. Foster Web Marketing has been incorporated since 1998, and our mission has always been to provide attorneys with all of their web marketing needs. Also, don't forget to download a copy of our book The 5 Biggest Mistakes 99% of Lawyers Make with Their Websites and learn how to avoid these mistakes yourself.
Can You Offer Any Suggestions for Attracting Fans to My Facebook Business Page?
If you've been sitting there hoping that your Facebook's business page will generate fans on its own, you'll most likely be sitting there for a while. You must be proactive, just as you would with any other aspect of your attorney marketing campaign.
Here are some suggestions for you to try:
- There are a number of Facebook social plugins offered, and one of the best is the "Like Button" plugin. Facebook describes this plugin as allowing users to "...share pages from your site back to their Facebook profile with one click." You can put this plugin directly on your website, and visitors can "like" you directly from your website.
- If you haven't done so already, invite your email subscribers and/or clients who have provided you with an email address. It's a great idea to get email addresses from current and potential clients each and every time.
- Add a link to your email signature on your Facebook page.
- Be creative with your landing tab - give the visitor a reason to "like" you. Entice them with unique information.
- Include videos on your Facebook page. This is important since Facebook's video feature allows you to embed a "like" link within the video for viewers to click while they're watching! You can also take the source code for the video and embed it on your website.
- Set up a display at your office advertising your Facebook page and the special contents it offers.
Remember that your social media marketing campaign will always require tweaking from time to time. This isn't a bad thing, as a new strategy can work for your benefit if you allow it to. If you feel that your current web campaign needs a boost or if you're thinking about getting started, give our experts a call for a consultation at 888-886-0939. Be sure to take a look at our book How Really Smart Lawyers Are Using Video on the Web to Get More Cases.
I have a personal injury law firm. What kind of mobile application should I create?
Mobile applications are the hottest marketing trend. Both big and small businesses have realized the huge potential of the mobile market and have already jumped on the opportunity to reach new clients.
As a personal injury attorney, you have many options when it comes to mobile applications. You might choose to create an app that allows accident victims to store important information, like their medical bills, pictures of the accident scene and telephone numbers of witnesses. Your mobile application could also include helpful resources for those who have been injured.
There are numerous options when it comes to developing a mobile application, which is one of the reasons that this marketing tool is so great.
For additional mobile application ideas or to find out how to get the process started, contact one of our attorney Web marketing experts at 888-886-0939.
You can learn more about the benefits of mobile applications by reading our article, Every Attorney Should Have a Mobile Application - Here are 5 Reasons Why.
Make sure you order a FREE copy of the report, The 5 Biggest Mistakes 99% of Lawyers Make With Their Websites. This report is a must-read for any attorney who wants to create a powerful Web presence.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.