You’ve Got Questions About Writing a Book for Your Business; We’ve Got Answers!
We encourage you to browse through our responses to the questions we get asked most about writing free website offers and books. Questions range from “Is it a good idea to have a ghostwriter write my book?” to “Do you have any tips for writing an interesting title for my e-book?”
If you have a question that isn’t answered here, please fill out a contact form with your question or call us at 888-886-0939. We’d love to help you make the best choices for your next promotional book or free offer.
- Page 2
What should I say in the introduction to my attorney book or free report?
An introduction is a first impression. In a legal guide, an introduction is in place to ground the reader in the material, let them know who you are, and let them know what they are about to read. An introduction shouldn’t be too long or wordy. Instead, it should be pithy, to the point, and filled with personality. Consider starting your introduction with a question, a story, or a statistic.
What should your introduction accomplish?
- It should hook your reader so that they continue to turn pages.
- It should outline what subjects you will cover in the body of your book.
- It should introduce common themes, terms, and subjects in your book.
- It should let your reader know who you are and why you are writing the book.
- It should establish you as an authority on the subject.
- It should speak to the needs and the emotions of the reader.
What should you avoid in your introduction?
- Don’t spend the entire introduction talking about you and your law firm.
- Don’t make the introduction too long or dense.
- Don’t use an academic or technical tone.
- Don’t ignore the wants and needs of your reader.
- Don’t overwhelm your reader with too much information.
Do you need assistance with your introduction – or would you like us to help write or edit a free legal guide for your website? Contact us today at 888-886-0939 to learn more about our attorney book writing services.
What is the process of writing an attorney ebook with Foster Web Marketing?
At Foster Web Marketing, we believe that attorneys should have the opportunity to be as involved (or not involved) in our marketing services as they wish. While some lawyers will bring us an almost-finished book or guide to edit, we understand that other attorneys would like us to take the reins on the project from beginning to end. Still, there is a general process that we follow no matter your chosen involvement level:
- You choose the topic or topics for your legal guide. (We can provide guidance and suggestions if you wish.)
- You meet with our marketing team and writer to discuss the details of your book.
- We write a first draft of your guide based on the decisions made at the meeting.
- You read the book and let us know what you would like added, removed, expanded, or changed.
- We send over a second and possibly final draft of your book.
- We perfect the book’s layout and design an effective cover to post on your website.
- You read the book one last time and make final changes.
- We add the book to your attorney website along with copy, banners, and buttons.
Are you ready to get started with the process and add great free offers to your lawyer website? Call our marketing and book writing team today at 888-886-0939.
Is it always a good idea to hire a ghostwriter for an attorney e-book, or is it better to write it myself?
It certainly doesn’t hurt to hire a ghostwriter for an attorney e-book, but we understand that there are many reasons why you might want to try to write it yourself. If you have both the time and inclination, we encourage you to try your hand at writing your own book – especially if you already engage in a lot of online content writing for your law firm’s website.
Here are just a few common reasons you might decide to write your own attorney e-book:
- You practice in a very specific or complicated area of law. You know your practice best, and you can use your book to showcase your expertise in a specific area.
- You enjoy the writing process. Some people just enjoy writing, and the process comes easily to them. If this sounds like you, it may be more rewarding to try writing your own book.
- You prefer to have complete control. If you have a very clear vision of what your book should accomplish and prefer to take the reins, then taking an active hand in the writing process is a great idea.
Book writing doesn’t have to be an all-or-nothing decision, however. With our attorney book-writing services, you can have as much or as little control as you’re comfortable with and still end up with a professional final product. We can even help with the editing and formatting processes when the writing is done!
For more information about hiring a ghostwriter for an attorney e-book, please give us a call at 1-888-886-0939 or fill out our easy online contact form today.
Can I use your attorney book-writing services to help me finish an attorney e-book I’ve already started to write?
At Foster Web Marketing, we understand that writing an e-book to offer on your website can be an overwhelming task. This is especially true for busy lawyers and other professionals who may possess the skills and knowledge to write effectively, but who simply do not have time to complete a polished final product. If you’ve already started writing your book and find yourself unable to finish it, you may want to enlist professional help rather than letting your ideas gather dust. No matter where you are in the writing process, we offer attorney book-writing services to suit your needs.
How Our Online Content Writing Team Can Help You With a Partially Finished Attorney E-Book
- I’ve jotted down some ideas. The online content writing team with Foster Web Marketing would be happy to talk about your ideas and help you narrow down your topics and clarify your goals.
- I have a pretty solid outline. Hiring a ghostwriter to flesh out your ideas can save you a lot of time, especially when you already have a clear idea of what you want.
- I’ve written a few chapters. We’d be happy to take a look at what you’ve written and offer as little or as much as you need to turn it into a finished product.
- It’s actually almost done. We have a team of skilled editors who can polish your manuscript and handle all the final touches. And we can help you format and upload your attorney e-book to share with your potential clients!
If you’d like to learn more about our attorney book-writing services, please give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or fill out our easy online contact form for more information. And, if you’d like to learn more about writing great content for the Web, request your FREE copy of our informative book The Secret to Content That Gets You Cases, Plain and Simple.
How much should I prepare before I meet with your attorney ghostwriting team?
Although we’re happy to work with you at any stage of the attorney book writing process, there are a few pieces of information that will help us get started more quickly. Before your meeting, think about your answers to these questions:
- Do I want to create a single book or a series of books?
- Do I know what I want the book to be about, or do I need help coming up with ideas?
- Do I have a timeline in mind for publication?
- Do I want the tone of my book to come across as friendly, caring, aggressive, or formal?
- Do I already have some resources or written content I’d like to incorporate?
Jot down your answers to these questions and any additional concerns you may have, and be ready to talk about it with our attorney ghostwriting team. We’ll help you clarify and expand your ideas and set you up with a professional writer who can make those ideas a reality.
Need more writing help? For more information about creating great content for your potential clients, take a look at our own FREE book for attorneys, The Secret to Content that Gets You Cases, Plain and Simple. This important resource will help you write better content for your online audience and really reach out to your potential clients.
And, as always, if you need a hand with any part of book writing for lawyers, give our attorney ghostwriting team a call at 1-888-886-0939 or use our quick online contact form.
I want to offer a free attorney e-book on my site, but I have no idea what to write about. Do I have to have a clear idea before I take advantage of your book writing for lawyers service?
Offering a free e-book on your law firm’s website is a great way to build trust with potential clients and promote your services, but we understand how hard it can be to come up with ideas. At Foster Web Marketing, we’d be happy to help you brainstorm from scratch or look over ideas you’ve jotted down. Then, we can work together to create a book that will be a great resource for your potential clients and make you look like an expert in your field.
If you’re new to book writing for lawyers, take a few minutes to think about what kind of information you’d like to share and the message you want to convey. Here are some ideas to get you thinking:
- Walk readers through a common legal process in your practice area. For example, you might give a timeline and more information about how a personal injury case proceeds or talk about the steps in bankruptcy and loan modification.
- Expand upon current news and events. Have there been recent changes to the law in your practice area? Has a case related to your practice area had a lot of media coverage? Write a book that explains or expands upon popular subjects in words your readers can understand.
- Help your readers handle a crisis and make the legal process easier. For example, a personal injury lawyer might write a book about what to do at the scene of an accident, or a criminal defense lawyer might want to write about what you should do if your loved one is arrested.
If you need a hand creating an attorney e-book for your law firm’s website, feel free to give us a call today at 1-888-886-0939 or fill out our easy online contact form. We have a team of attorney ghostwriting experts ready to talk to you about book writing for lawyers and support you through the process of becoming a published author in your field.
Why is offering an attorney ebook an effective call to action?
You may have noticed that almost all attorney websites offer a free consultation as their call to action. However, only having one call to action – and having the same call to action as everyone else – isn’t as effective as multiple calls to action and multiple offers.
Offering a free legal guide or ebook as one of your calls to action is an excellent choice for a number of reasons. First, an ebook offer allows you to collect information from your website visitors when they fill out a request form. Secondly, an ebook is an effective way to show your visitors that you are an authority on the legal issue they need help with. Thirdly, an ebook is a more unique way of reaching your website visitors than a passive offer of a complimentary consultation.
Ebooks also help educate the reader – they ensure that when your potential client calls, they have already learned something about their claim or case. This can help save everyone time and ultimately make your job easier.
Would you like to offer a free legal guide or ebook on your attorney website, or would you just like to learn more about book writing for lawyers? Our marketing and writing team at Foster Web Marketing can help you brainstorm ideas, make your project a reality, and get you the new clients you are looking for. Call today to schedule an appointment or (of course!) check out our selection of free ebooks on online attorney marketing.
Is it wrong to have an attorney website book ghostwritten for you?
Some people are under the misconception that, when it comes to writing lawyer ebooks – or any kind of book – hiring a ghostwriter is cheating or untruthful. However, this is simply not the case. Unfortunately, some people confuse ghostwriting (when someone helps you put your ideas into words) with plagiarism (when someone steals writing and calls it their own). The truth is that ghostwriting is widely accepted in the publishing industry and used by many experts and non-fiction writers.
Large numbers of books are ghostwritten – including many best sellers – especially when the author is an expert in something other than writing. In addition, readers are educated enough about ghostwriting to understand that attorneys and other experts often don’t have the free time or the background to write a long-form publication. Ghostwriting is simply a way to transform your ideas into words on a page with the help of a writing professional who can help you organize your thoughts, clarify your points, and ultimately help your reader.
Would you like to add informative, unique attorney ebooks to your website, or do you just want to learn more about book writing for lawyers? Meet with a professional writer at Foster Web Marketing and share your vision. Call us today at 800.886.0939 to learn more.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.