You’ve Got Questions About Web Content. We’ve Got Answers!
Ask and ye shall receive! Here are the answers to the questions we get asked the most about content. Hopefully they answer some of the questions weighing on your mind! But if you’ve got a question that we didn’t answer here, please feel free to fill out the contact form on this page or call us at 888-886-0939.
- Page 3
What Is an Email Drip Campaign?
While it sounds like a nickname for your sick toddler, a drip campaign is actually a marketing technique that can improve the health of your overall marketing plan.
An email drip campaign, also known as a follow-up or back-end campaign, is a series of correspondences you send to those who request your free offer.
The most effective follow-up campaigns don't rely solely on emails—a common mistake many doctors and attorneys make. Instead, they vary greatly and can include:
- Mailed letters
- CDs of an interview you did
- DVDs of you speaking at a professional event
- Invitations to your yearly charity event or community function
Ideally, you should send at least 15 types of correspondence over a seven month period, which means reaching out every other week.
After the Email Drip Stops
Once your follow-up campaign has run its course, it's important to stay on the minds of your audience. The best way to do this is to continue to send out a monthly newsletter via snail mail or email.
Also, if you've done it right, there's a good chance that those who have been getting your follow-up campaign materials have chosen to follow you on social media. This means you will continue to be on their minds long after your last follow-up campaign letter comes in the mail.
If your law firm or medical practice doesn't have a drip campaign, I suggest you begin to implement one as soon as possible. We find that follow-up campaigns for attorneys and doctors significantly increase the success of their free offers.
For more information on how our marketing team can help you implement a conversion-boosting follow-up campaign, call 888-886-0939.
We can take over the process or show you the best way to create and deliver your custom-built free offer and follow-up campaign.
What makes attorney website content “good”?
“Good” attorney website content can be hard to define. If you’re not sure what makes attorney website content “good” or “bad,” think about the types of content you like to read online. What are the qualities of that content that keep you engaged? To give you a better idea, here are a few things that we think make attorney website content good—or even great:
- It’s well-written and has been edited for errors. No matter how compelling your point is, no one is going to struggle through your spelling errors or clunky grammar to get it. Your content should reflect your professionalism, so it’s worth taking the time to edit and proofread before you post.
- It’s relevant to your real-life clients’ needs. It’s easy to get lost in the excitement of Google rankings and search engine trends, but you should keep in mind that real people visit your website to find answers.
- It’s original and reflects the personality of your law firm. The best marketing content on the Web is fresh, original content that reflects the personality and values of the business. People use your website to get to know you, and they will be far more motivated to call if they know who you are and what you stand for.
- It’s part of an overall content marketing strategy. Truly effective content is part of an overall content strategy. Think about what you want from your online marketing and where your law firm is headed in the future, and then tailor your content to help you reach your goals.
Effective online content writing isn’t easy, and many busy professionals choose to hire an experienced online content writing team to help them succeed. Speak with the friendly team at Foster Web Marketing today at 1-888-886-0939 to find out how our services can help you whip your website content into shape.
What’s the best way to come up with new ideas for my attorney website content?
If you’re running out of ideas for great attorney website content, then it’s time to get creative. Here are a few simple things you can do to help you brainstorm new content ideas:
- Ask your friends, colleagues, and family. It’s easy to get stuck in a stale marketing hole, but simply talking with the people around you and asking for topics is sometimes all it takes to find a great, new idea or creative angle.
- Think about where you want to go next. Do you plan to focus on a new practice area or city? Do you offer a new service or have an old service that isn’t getting much interest? Think about the direction you want to take with your law firm, and use your content to create excitement.
- Read relevant books and publications. Taking a peek at what others are talking about and what you have to say about it can be a valuable source of new content ideas. Creating content based on popular trends can help direct traffic to your site and get conversations started on your social media pages or attorney blog.
- Find new ways to present popular content. If you have an older article that gets a lot of attention, consider expanding on that topic and related issues. It’s always easiest to simply give your online visitors what they’re really looking for.
- Ask your audience what they want. And, speaking of giving your website visitors what they’re looking for, consider just asking! Create a poll on your social media pages, have clients fill out a feedback form, and solicit input on your blog. Most of the time, you’ll find that your readers are more than happy to make constructive suggestions.
If you need help brainstorming new content ideas, or if you’re ready for our team of writers to handle your attorney website content for you, our friendly online content writing team is here to help. Reach out to us today at 1-888-886-0939.
How can I get more people to read my attorney website content?
No matter how good it looks, your attorney website is almost useless if visitors aren’t sticking around to read what you have to say. If you want to attract more potential clients with your attorney website content and encourage them to read more, make sure you’re:
- Optimizing your content. People can’t read your attorney website content if they can’t find it! Pay attention to search engine optimization trends and incorporate relevant keywords in your content.
- Providing content your potential clients want to read. It’s not really about attracting just any reader—you want to attract potential clients. Your content should be relevant and meaningful to the type of client you’d like to attract.
- Updating regularly. If you constantly post new content, it gives readers a reason to come back and check in. And, to really make a connection with your readers, consider getting involved with blogging and social media.
- Editing before you post. Even the most interesting website content can be frustrating and useless to visitors if it’s full of misspelled words and formatting errors. Take the time to proofread and edit your content before you post it so that you look like the professional you are.
Do you have questions about content marketing or how our website content writing services can help you attract more contacts and clients for your law firm? Give the friendly content writing team with Foster Web Marketing a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or simply fill out the easy online contact form on this page to learn more!
Where can I find good ideas for news items and current event articles?
When it comes to high-quality attorney website content, news and current events articles are a great way to increase traffic, establish yourself as a local legal authority, and get new clients. But where can you find material to write about?
Start with your local newspaper, especially if you practice locally or on the state level. If you take cases from across the country, national news sources will do as well. Look for any articles that are relevant to your practice areas and that you could imagine would interest your readers. If you are a personal injury attorney, you may write about a recent accident in your county. If you are a bankruptcy attorney, you might want to write about the latest news on the economy. If you are a divorce lawyer, you may want to write about the governor’s recent split.
Next, follow news sources and industry experts on social media websites like Facebook and Twitter. The media, other attorneys, and local government entities will often post news and relevant current events information. Use these guides to find great news stories and angles.
Do you want to learn more about creating quality content for the readers of your attorney website or lawyer blog? Or are you considering hiring a content writer to make certain your site is updated regularly with great articles? Contact Foster Web Marketing today at 888-886-0939.
I’m stumped. Where can I get good ideas for attorney website content?
Many of our clients are motivated and excited to get started writing their own attorney web content, but they then get stuck when they open a blank Word document. Where do great content ideas come from, and what can you do to start a good content brainstorm?
The best answer is to put yourself in the shoes of your reader and your potential client. What concerns them most when they are in need of legal services or when they are searching for the right lawyer? What questions weigh most heavily on their minds? And, perhaps most importantly, what questions and keywords do they type into the search engine to find your website?
Use your imagination (and your experiences with past clients) to think about what content would be most helpful. Next, hop over to Google Analytics to see what keywords are bringing people to your content. Are there patterns or themes?
If you are still stuck, we can help. At Foster Web Marketing, we have a talented stable of content writers who can help pad your website with relevant, optimized, and high-quality content. At the same time, we provide attorney training that can help you learn how to produce your own effective content. To get started, call 888-886-0939.
Why does the content on my lawyer website matter so much? Isn’t my website just a big online advertisement?
Great lawyer web marketing is about more than just providing an online billboard. Your potential clients expect relevant and engaging web content when they come to you online, and most people will immediately move on if your lawyer website provides nothing of substance – just a useless plug for your law firm.
Think about it this way. You would never sit down with a worried client in your office and spend the whole time showing off your degrees and awards or aggressively convincing them how great you are. Instead, you’d listen to their concerns, respond thoughtfully, and provide sympathy and guidance – like the professional you are. You should think about your lawyer website content the same way, especially as the nature of online communication becomes more and more social over time.
These days, most people turn to their laptops, desktops, or smartphones when they have questions or concerns. Someone with a legal problem is now more likely to turn to Google before they open a phonebook or contact anyone in person. Your lawyer website is your chance to make a great first impression, build trust, create a personal connection, provide crucial information, and encourage your potential clients to take the next step and contact you. And you just can’t do that with a static website that only functions as an advertisement.
If you’d like to learn more about effective attorney web marketing and creating great lawyer website content, reach out to the experienced online content team at Foster Web Marketing. You can reach us at 1-888-886-0939 for more answers, or you can simply fill out the quick contact form on this page for more information.
I’ve been told my lawyer website content is “thin.” How can I improve it?
If your current site is thin on content, you’ve probably noticed a huge decrease in your traffic over the last year or so. Google algorithm updates have put an increased emphasis on rich content, and many sites with thin or spammy content have watched their traffic plummet as a result. However, it is possible to improve your rankings and salvage a website that has been filled with thin content over time. Here are some ideas to help you get started:
- Start providing great content. Probably the most important thing you can do is to just start creating better online content. Update your lawyer website with rich and engaging content now, and post new content at least once a month – or, ideally, a few times a week.
- Improve old content. Go back through your website content and start fleshing out short articles, correcting errors, deleting duplicate content, and weeding out outdated or “black hat” optimization tactics.
- Delete the worst offenders. If you have a few landing pages that are particularly bad, it may be worth just deleting them entirely. Don’t forget to clean up any broken links this might cause or redirect traffic to a more relevant landing page.
To learn more about creating great attorney content for the web, request your FREE copy of our must-read book The Secret to Content That Gets You Cases, Plain and Simple.
And, if you need help improving your current lawyer website content, speak with our experienced online attorney marketing team today. You can reach us at 1-888-886-0939 to discuss your website content concerns, or you can simply fill out the quick contact form on this page to learn more.
How can I get more people to read my attorney blog?
So you’ve written a few blog posts for your attorney blog, but it doesn’t seem like anyone is showing up to read it. What can you do to bring in more readers? Here are a few easy things you can do to get the word out and share your blog with more potential clients:
- Make sure your blog is accessible from your attorney website. It seems simple, but making your blog accessible from your main website makes it easier for potential clients to get the information they need.
- Apply appropriate SEO techniques. If the search engines can’t find your blog, then it’s unlikely that your potential clients will. Apply SEO techniques to your blog the same way you use SEO for your attorney website content.
- Share it through social media. Use your social media sites, like Facebook or Twitter, to promote your new blog posts and get feedback from your audience.
- Network through other relevant blogs and forums. Consider writing a guest blog on a relevant site or posting helpful information on an appropriate forum. And, of course, tactfully include a link to your blog.
- Promote your blog in your other marketing materials. Promote your blog in your newsletter, mail campaign, or other marketing materials. Consider highlighting a particularly interesting post or a post you feel your clients could particularly benefit from reading.
If you think it sounds like a lot of work to promote your attorney blog, you’re right. But maintaining an informative and engaging blog can go a long way toward bringing in an online audience, reaching potential clients, and convincing those potential clients to pick up the phone and actually call you instead of your competitors. If you need a little assistance writing for the Web, reach out to our experienced online content writers today at 1-888-886-0939 to talk about how better content can help you and your law firm reach more paying customers.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want To Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.