You’ve Got Questions About Web Content. We’ve Got Answers!
Ask and ye shall receive! Here are the answers to the questions we get asked the most about content. Hopefully they answer some of the questions weighing on your mind! But if you’ve got a question that we didn’t answer here, please feel free to fill out the contact form on this page or call us at 888-886-0939.
- Page 3
What tools can I use to track breaking news?
Do I have tools for you! Tracking breaking news has become easier and more customizable than ever. Below are my top five breaking news apps, alerts, and services:
- Twitter. Twitter is often the first place big news stories are announced. I suggest that you follow CNN (@cnnbrk), TMZ (@TMZ), and Anderson Cooper (@AC360). Also, be sure to follow your local news outlets and reporters.
- Google Alerts. Sign up for alerts that align with your areas of practice and your target geographic area. For example, if you are a podiatrist in St. Louis, be sure to sign up for the Google alert "foot injury St. Louis".
- Bing News App. As time goes by, more people are coming to distrust Google and are making the switch to Bing. Bing now offers an app which allows you to tailor the news you get, and it’s a good alternative to Google.
- TMZ App. If you download the TMZ app to your phone or tablet, you'll get instant access to all of their breaking news stories. This is a very good thing if you want to keep up with the latest drug cases, divorces, and crashes in Hollywood.
- Flipboard App. This app is as beautiful as it is effective. Flipboard offers "Magazines of the Web" and allows you to create your own magazines based on the news topics you are most interested in.
Why I Think You Need to Start Tracking News Today
Use one of the above services, or use them all. But whatever you do, you must begin tracking news. If you don't, there is every chance that you will miss the big news story, the one that could forever change your business. By taking a big news story and making it your own, you have the unique, sometimes once in a lifetime, opportunity to advance your image as an expert and garner both local and national attention.
Don't miss your 15 minutes of fame. Call 888-886-0939 to find out how our breaking news services can help you go from Average Lawyer to Celebrity Attorney—in 48 hours or less.
How can I tell if my content themes are working?
Right off the bat, I have to thank you for asking such an important question. Too many times, we talk to business owners who blindly create content for their websites, never taking the time to check and see if it's helping convert visitors. What a waste of time!
Are Your Themes Working?
Once you've created a killer content theme and posted it to your website, it's time to take a look at the effectiveness of your content. To do so, you need to be familiar with analytics. Luckily, this is easy to do when using DSS; it's all laid out there for you, with easy-to-follow instructions.
All you have to do to track your themes is:
- Create a custom advanced segment in analytics for your theme.
- Assign the URL of each piece in the content theme to the segment you created.
- Once you've created your segments and assigned your pieces, it's time to watch and wait. Check back on a regular basis to see which are performing the best. You're looking for high page views, low bounce rates, and lengthy visit durations.
Building on Effective Themes
Did one or more of your themes do really well and exceed your expectations? Great job! But instead of patting yourself on the back, you need to get back to work. Consider writing a few more pieces that connect to the successful theme. Dig deeper into the subject and, if you haven't yet, shoot a video to add to each of the pieces. Also, be sure that each piece in the theme has an effective call to action. Without a good call to action, you may be getting a lot of traffic without a lot of conversions.
If all of this sounds great, but you just don't have the time to write themed content and analyze your data, let us do it for you. We can take over at any point the process. From writing to loading to tracking, we've got you covered. Call 888-886-0939 to speak with a member of our crazy-good professional marketing team today.
What Is an Email Drip Campaign?
While it sounds like a nickname for your sick toddler, a drip campaign is actually a marketing technique that can improve the health of your overall marketing plan.
An email drip campaign, also known as a follow-up or back-end campaign, is a series of correspondences you send to those who request your free offer.
The most effective follow-up campaigns don't rely solely on emails—a common mistake many doctors and attorneys make. Instead, they vary greatly and can include:
- Mailed letters
- CDs of an interview you did
- DVDs of you speaking at a professional event
- Invitations to your yearly charity event or community function
Ideally, you should send at least 15 types of correspondence over a seven month period, which means reaching out every other week.
After the Email Drip Stops
Once your follow-up campaign has run its course, it's important to stay on the minds of your audience. The best way to do this is to continue to send out a monthly newsletter via snail mail or email.
Also, if you've done it right, there's a good chance that those who have been getting your follow-up campaign materials have chosen to follow you on social media. This means you will continue to be on their minds long after your last follow-up campaign letter comes in the mail.
If your law firm or medical practice doesn't have a drip campaign, I suggest you begin to implement one as soon as possible. We find that follow-up campaigns for attorneys and doctors significantly increase the success of their free offers.
For more information on how our marketing team can help you implement a conversion-boosting follow-up campaign, call 888-886-0939.
We can take over the process or show you the best way to create and deliver your custom-built free offer and follow-up campaign.
What makes attorney website content “good”?
“Good” attorney website content can be hard to define. If you’re not sure what makes attorney website content “good” or “bad,” think about the types of content you like to read online. What are the qualities of that content that keep you engaged? To give you a better idea, here are a few things that we think make attorney website content good—or even great:
- It’s well-written and has been edited for errors. No matter how compelling your point is, no one is going to struggle through your spelling errors or clunky grammar to get it. Your content should reflect your professionalism, so it’s worth taking the time to edit and proofread before you post.
- It’s relevant to your real-life clients’ needs. It’s easy to get lost in the excitement of Google rankings and search engine trends, but you should keep in mind that real people visit your website to find answers.
- It’s original and reflects the personality of your law firm. The best marketing content on the Web is fresh, original content that reflects the personality and values of the business. People use your website to get to know you, and they will be far more motivated to call if they know who you are and what you stand for.
- It’s part of an overall content marketing strategy. Truly effective content is part of an overall content strategy. Think about what you want from your online marketing and where your law firm is headed in the future, and then tailor your content to help you reach your goals.
Effective online content writing isn’t easy, and many busy professionals choose to hire an experienced online content writing team to help them succeed. Speak with the friendly team at Foster Web Marketing today at 1-888-886-0939 to find out how our services can help you whip your website content into shape.
What’s the best way to come up with new ideas for my attorney website content?
If you’re running out of ideas for great attorney website content, then it’s time to get creative. Here are a few simple things you can do to help you brainstorm new content ideas:
- Ask your friends, colleagues, and family. It’s easy to get stuck in a stale marketing hole, but simply talking with the people around you and asking for topics is sometimes all it takes to find a great, new idea or creative angle.
- Think about where you want to go next. Do you plan to focus on a new practice area or city? Do you offer a new service or have an old service that isn’t getting much interest? Think about the direction you want to take with your law firm, and use your content to create excitement.
- Read relevant books and publications. Taking a peek at what others are talking about and what you have to say about it can be a valuable source of new content ideas. Creating content based on popular trends can help direct traffic to your site and get conversations started on your social media pages or attorney blog.
- Find new ways to present popular content. If you have an older article that gets a lot of attention, consider expanding on that topic and related issues. It’s always easiest to simply give your online visitors what they’re really looking for.
- Ask your audience what they want. And, speaking of giving your website visitors what they’re looking for, consider just asking! Create a poll on your social media pages, have clients fill out a feedback form, and solicit input on your blog. Most of the time, you’ll find that your readers are more than happy to make constructive suggestions.
If you need help brainstorming new content ideas, or if you’re ready for our team of writers to handle your attorney website content for you, our friendly online content writing team is here to help. Reach out to us today at 1-888-886-0939.
How can I get more people to read my attorney website content?
No matter how good it looks, your attorney website is almost useless if visitors aren’t sticking around to read what you have to say. If you want to attract more potential clients with your attorney website content and encourage them to read more, make sure you’re:
- Optimizing your content. People can’t read your attorney website content if they can’t find it! Pay attention to search engine optimization trends and incorporate relevant keywords in your content.
- Providing content your potential clients want to read. It’s not really about attracting just any reader—you want to attract potential clients. Your content should be relevant and meaningful to the type of client you’d like to attract.
- Updating regularly. If you constantly post new content, it gives readers a reason to come back and check in. And, to really make a connection with your readers, consider getting involved with blogging and social media.
- Editing before you post. Even the most interesting website content can be frustrating and useless to visitors if it’s full of misspelled words and formatting errors. Take the time to proofread and edit your content before you post it so that you look like the professional you are.
Do you have questions about content marketing or how our website content writing services can help you attract more contacts and clients for your law firm? Give the friendly content writing team with Foster Web Marketing a call today at 1-888-886-0939, or simply fill out the easy online contact form on this page to learn more!
Where can I find good ideas for news items and current event articles?
When it comes to high-quality attorney website content, news and current events articles are a great way to increase traffic, establish yourself as a local legal authority, and get new clients. But where can you find material to write about?
Start with your local newspaper, especially if you practice locally or on the state level. If you take cases from across the country, national news sources will do as well. Look for any articles that are relevant to your practice areas and that you could imagine would interest your readers. If you are a personal injury attorney, you may write about a recent accident in your county. If you are a bankruptcy attorney, you might want to write about the latest news on the economy. If you are a divorce lawyer, you may want to write about the governor’s recent split.
Next, follow news sources and industry experts on social media websites like Facebook and Twitter. The media, other attorneys, and local government entities will often post news and relevant current events information. Use these guides to find great news stories and angles.
Do you want to learn more about creating quality content for the readers of your attorney website or lawyer blog? Or are you considering hiring a content writer to make certain your site is updated regularly with great articles? Contact Foster Web Marketing today at 888-886-0939.
I’m stumped. Where can I get good ideas for attorney website content?
Many of our clients are motivated and excited to get started writing their own attorney web content, but they then get stuck when they open a blank Word document. Where do great content ideas come from, and what can you do to start a good content brainstorm?
The best answer is to put yourself in the shoes of your reader and your potential client. What concerns them most when they are in need of legal services or when they are searching for the right lawyer? What questions weigh most heavily on their minds? And, perhaps most importantly, what questions and keywords do they type into the search engine to find your website?
Use your imagination (and your experiences with past clients) to think about what content would be most helpful. Next, hop over to Google Analytics to see what keywords are bringing people to your content. Are there patterns or themes?
If you are still stuck, we can help. At Foster Web Marketing, we have a talented stable of content writers who can help pad your website with relevant, optimized, and high-quality content. At the same time, we provide attorney training that can help you learn how to produce your own effective content. To get started, call 888-886-0939.
What kind of content should I feature on my mobile attorney website?
Your mobile attorney website is essentially a pared-down version of your main website, optimized with the needs and concerns of mobile-device users in mind. When it comes to content, the idea is to essentially translate the great content on your main site into effective mobile content.
Keep in mind that you don’t want to include every single bit of information from your regular site with your mobile site. Instead, you should be choosing to include the highlights that are most relevant to your mobile audience. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- A video that explains what to expect at your first legal consultation or answers a question
- Articles that answer common questions—especially if you include a catchy headline
- Eye-catching images that have been optimized for mobile viewing
- Instructions for obtaining more information or scheduling a meeting
For the most part, you can use much of the same content that’s already on your main website. It’s really just a matter of optimizing your content for smartphone and tablet users and choosing the very best of your main website to feature on the mobile Web.
If you need help designing a mobile attorney website, or if you’d like to talk about more ideas for great mobile content, reach out to the mobile marketing team at Foster Web Marketing today. You can reach us at 1-888-886-0939 or by filling out the quick contact form on this page.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Complimentary Site Analysis
Get your 8 page report that spells out exactly what is working, what is wrong, and, more importantly, what needs to be done to fix it.
Want to Learn More?
Request a Free Book, Watch a Webinar, Read Our Blog, or Listen to a Podcast
Are you struggling to market your business online? Do you need some help refining your marketing to get you the rankings, clients and revenue you need to be successful?
Take a step toward your goals with Foster Web Marketing's FREE marketing resources. Our books are based on real-world experiences and they will teach you techniques that have proven to work when executed correctly.